The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

36 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yep - it's difficult - we've all been let down. My theory is that I go with the British news, until it is obvious it's full of shit. Not sure you can beat that. 

It's rubbish - for a long time now politicians have derided footballers for overstepping the mark - they do not like anyone with a platform criticising their actions, but the country now doesn't agree and the footballers are the edge of that - good on everyone backing Lineker up, he's no paragon of virtue but amongst the football community he is and I'm happy to follow his lead. 

Has it been seen? 

That tweet is what I call a mic drop. Hot damn. He got the lot in there and finished it off with the Qatar thing. Chef's **** kiss.

• Like 2

This should not disappear in one week. Unless something happens, we're still in the exact same position next week. It doesn't become old hat just by being a week old. I'm fascinated to see what the next move will be. Neither side can climb down without massive face loss. My prediction is a private conversation where private agreements that will remain private are agreed upon and everything returns to a normal. But I hope not 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Not really. They're between a rock and a relatively comfortable pillow. 

They could have taken the pillow option of "like countless non-news presenters in the past, Gary Lineker has chosen to share personal views which are unrelated to his presenting duties on BBC Sport. As they do not relate to his BBC role, the organisation has no comment to make on them"

But they've decided to smash themselves in the face with a rock instead. 

That would have ended the controversy as far as people who support him are concerned but it would not have ended the controversy for the BBC. 

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

Yep - it's difficult - we've all been let down. My theory is that I go with the British news, until it is obvious it's full of shit. Not sure you can beat that. 

It's rubbish - for a long time now politicians have derided footballers for overstepping the mark - they do not like anyone with a platform criticising their actions, but the country now doesn't agree and the footballers are the edge of that - good on everyone backing Lineker up, he's no paragon of virtue but amongst the football community he is and I'm happy to follow his lead. 

Has it been seen? 

Kaveh or whoever scripted that segment did a fantastic job, I'm also surprised sky would green light that given their affiliations, but maybe they see an opportunity to end motd or get it on sky.

9 hours ago, Xann said:

The words removed that led the nation down the garden path over a number of elections.need the BBC neutralised, that's why it's been nobbled.

Don't finish the job for them. Don't get outmanoeuvred again.

Don't just fall into the next trap, after the double dose of Brexit and its PM.

The BBC needs an enema to shift the Tory turds out of its system, not an executioner.

A new entrance system is being formulated now. The guy in charge is also quite busy with the BBC's redistribution of resources out of London. Salford wasn't a one off, BBC Birmingham is expanding too.

I was at the BBC in Brum when the Salford thing happened. They basically gutted the operations in the Midlands and set up a mini London in Manchester. The Salford thing basically reduced the BBC presence in the wider regions rather than increasing it, and meant that the Midlands in particular ended up by far with the worst ratio of benefit-to-cost ratio of the licence fee.

And every now and again they send some relatively minor department to Brum and claim they are expanding. It is and will be nowhere near what it was during the Pebble Mill heydays even when they move to the tea factory in Digbeth.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ain’t that the sad truth.

I said to the missus earlier this evening, there’s no such thing as the news any longer, all we get is a version of some news to fit an agenda / narrative.

I actually think it’s quite possibly the biggest danger we face socially, if we move into a phase of total mistruth and suspicion, what the hell do we become? 

I think your LESS likely to encounter blatant lies following mainstream media than for example getting your news off twitter or bloggers. They still have certain oversight. I'm not saying it's perfect and I'm sure you could deluge me with examples but if you're not dumb and read various sources you've got a better chance of getting to the facts than in the internet wild West. 

Be interesting to see if The Guardian get hauled over the coals over this Attenborough story. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I was at the BBC in Brum when the Salford thing happened. They basically gutted the operations in the Midlands and set up a mini London in Manchester. The Salford thing basically reduced the BBC presence in the wider regions rather than increasing it, and meant that the Midlands in particular ended up by far with the worst ratio of benefit-to-cost ratio of the licence fee.

And every now and again they send some relatively minor department to Brum and claim they are expanding. It is and will be nowhere near what it was during the Pebble Mill heydays even when they move to the tea factory in Digbeth.

I also remember when we had an all hands meeting at the Mailbox and they were talking about shutting down all the TV production in Birmingham. A big boss lady explained how they wanted to reduce the number of production centres in the country and they'd decided to shut down Birmingham's TV production teams. A lot of the TV people were to be scattered to places like Bristol and Cardiff. Somebody asked why if they wanted to consolidate TV production they only seemed to be shutting one of seven major production sites and boss lady said something like, "well six is less than seven isn't it?"

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Football Focus off the air now too

Alex Scott and Kelly Somers have both tweeted that they won't be on the BBC today.  The madness that the BBC have created for themselves continues!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qxz8zrawn2og1rn0fp

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â