The Biased Broadcasting Corporation

bickster

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have announced they are cutting BBC4 and CBBC to online only.

My lil nephew is going to be devastated at CBBC as he loves it on the telly.

By 2025. Might have grown out of it by then. Streaming is second nature to kids these days anyway isn't it?

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

By 2025. Might have grown out of it by then. Streaming is second nature to kids these days anyway isn't it?

Is that when they planning to do this? I couldn't see when they were planning to do this.

Will the bbc adopt a netflox style model perhaps in next 10 years? Seems to be pointing that way

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They have announced they are cutting BBC4 and CBBC to online only.

My lil nephew is going to be devastated at CBBC as he loves it on the telly.

You know you can get these things that plug into the back of the telly these days that stream pretty much anything

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is that when they planning to do this? I couldn't see when they were planning to do this.

Will the bbc adopt a netflox style model perhaps in next 10 years? Seems to be pointing that way

Rumour was they were going to become a full streaming service, but I think they had 2nd thoughts. 

The BBC kinda reminds me of the BHS model. It's run by a load of old fat cats at the top and much too slow to move with the times. They have never really fully invested in younger people and I'm not sure what they are going to be in 10 years time.

Their programs seem to consist of the news and period dramas, ohh and a bit of sport to keep up with the times.

So they moved BBC 3 to online only (to save money) and then back to tv, now the same with BBC 4. Wonder how much money will be saved when in about 4 years they put it back to a full tv channel again and BBC 3 to online as they realise only old farts watch linear telly nowadays. Genius.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Rumour was they were going to become a full streaming service, but I think they had 2nd thoughts. 

The BBC kinda reminds me of the BHS model. It's run by a load of old fat cats at the top and much too slow to move with the times. They have never really fully invested in younger people and I'm not sure what they are going to be in 10 years time.

Their programs seem to consist of the news and period dramas, ohh and a bit of sport to keep up with the times.

This is nonsense. The BBC have more “youth” content than any major national broadcaster in the world I imagine. You won’t find it on BBC 1 but it’s definitely there

Too slow to move with the times? iPlayer was pretty revolutionary when it was introduced the other services had to catch up with that and most still haven’t

I also don’t think there’s a comparable single channel competitor to BBC sounds, no one has the level of content to even attempt it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So they moved BBC 3 to online only (to save money) and then back to tv, now the same with BBC 4. Wonder how much money will be saved when in about 4 years they put it back to a full tv channel again and BBC 3 to online as they realise only old farts watch linear telly nowadays. Genius.

Now that I agree with

1 minute ago, bickster said:

This is nonsense. The BBC have more “youth” content than any major national broadcaster in the world I imagine. You won’t find it on BBC 1 but it’s definitely there

Too slow to move with the times? iPlayer was pretty revolutionary when it was introduced the other services had to catch up with that and most still haven’t

I also don’t think there’s a comparable single channel competitor to BBC sounds, no one has the level of content to even attempt it.

They need to tell the youth then. Cause they don't watch it!

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Honestly two programs i watch on bbc Motd and dragons den.  When apprentice is on i watch that too.

I generally find the content on the bbc tv channels crap these days. Was much better in the 90s for me personally 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They need to tell the youth then. Cause they don't watch it!

Why did you say watch? This country has a very strong music industry and for the last 50 plus years the BBC has been at the heart of promoting that industry. I really don’t know what could possibly be more “youth”

Then there’s BBC 3 an entire channel dedicated to “youth” TV. As posted above, that has just gone from online only to being back on linear programming too. An entire channel

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Thoughts?

Just another unfortunate side effect of standard editing practice, presumably.

I don't trust a word that comes out of the BBC, they completely lack credibility after years of being infested by government stooges.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just another unfortunate side effect of standard editing practice, presumably.

I don't trust a word that comes out of the BBC, they completely lack credibility after years of being infested by government stooges.

But, but, I thought they were lefty Marxists? #confused 

FB_IMG_1654428553917.jpg

Edited by mjmooney

3 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Marx is so passe these days, Gramsci is now the preferred Lefty du jour for Guardianistas.

You do realise that Gramsci was a Marxist? 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You do realise that Gramsci was a Marxist? 

He was a Marxist, but he developed his own thoughts in the field to the extent he's influential in his own right. And probably more of interest to political thought than Marx these days.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â