Racism Part two

Demitri_C

Black children are four times more likely to be strip-searched by police officers across England and Wales than their white counterparts, according to the latest nationwide figures disclosed by a watchdog.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/aug/19/black-children-in-england-and-wales-four-times-more-likely-to-be-strip-searched-figures-show

Well this is racism. Pure and simple. 

Edited by Jareth

11 hours ago, Jareth said:

Strip searches in the police force is a huge issue being brushed under the carpet, always has been.

As for it being racist, you miles off sorry.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Strip searches in the police force is a huge issue being brushed under the carpet, always has been.

Black children in england and wales are 4 times more likely to be subjected to a strip search. What part of that is not racist to the point of being miles off?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What would you call it then?

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

What would you call it then?

There's a big issue with strip searching, but I doubt the police would want to strip search more black kids because of race.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There's a big issue with strip searching, but I doubt the police would want to strip search more black kids because of race.

Completely agree. It's not like a handful of police forces have been found to be institutionally racist or anything like that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Oh that's ok then. It's your doubt, I thought you might have had something more substantial than just a hunch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Alum Rock Birmingham. I will try and avoid this area. 

How ridiculous,  this is written by idiots,  my guess is the right wing nutters wrote it and phoned the telegraph but it could be just plain old nutters. 

53 minutes ago, tinker said:

How ridiculous,  this is written by idiots,  my guess is the right wing nutters wrote it and phoned the telegraph but it could be just plain old nutters. 

Yep. 100% written by some translucent looking fellow with tiny balls.

• Haha 2

On 19/08/2024 at 09:39, foreveryoung said:

Then you are ignoring decades of often codified, official police policy, or at least unofficial police policy. And guess what? An unwarranted, humiliating strip search is sometimes just the beginning of some innocent (and usually black) kid's ordeal. Sometimes a broom handle is used. Sometimes a fist or a shod foot. Sometimes a lit cigarette. Sometimes a broken bottle. And after the torture stops, sometimes a weapon or drugs are planted.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â