Racism Part two

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There were plenty, but (from memory) it focused more on us hoping Martinez wasn't involved and then hypothetical situations around if he was.  It's often the case that such issues hit home harder when they specifically impact on "one" rather than a "far away" part of society.

FWIW, I agree with you that he should be handed with some sort of ban.

Of course he should have been banned. It's been going on for far, far too long in football. 

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Aside from Bobzy, you're presenting that as evidence of outrage, half a page. That, for me, confirms what I was saying. Not a murmur about the fact he escaped punishment, or maybe,.for some, it's not worthy or serious enough for attention. That's why I called it out, why be selective about what offends. It's racism all the same. I'm just not one for paying it lip - service. As proven in my disapproval of the appointment of John Terry. 

There was plenty of outrage, and he hasn't escaped punishment (yet)

Do we have to measure the amount of posts we make for each racist issue to make sure they all get the same or something?

This argument is nonsense

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Aside from Bobzy, you're presenting that as evidence of outrage, half a page. That, for me, confirms what I was saying. Not a murmur about the fact he escaped punishment, or maybe,.for some, it's not worthy or serious enough for attention. That's why I called it out, why be selective about what offends. It's racism all the same. I'm just not one for paying it lip - service. As proven in my disapproval of the appointment of John Terry. 

Well you were disapproving over John Terry, but where was your outrage when Enzo Fernandez was singing racist songs? Show me the posts. Why be inconsistent? :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Well you were disapproving over John Terry, but where was your outrage when Enzo Fernandez was signing racist songs? Show me the posts. Why be inconsistent? :D 

I suggest you go to the Chelsea thread.I don't see anything remotely humorous about the subject of racism. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

There was plenty of outrage, and he hasn't escaped punishment (yet)

Do we have to measure the amount of posts we make for each racist issue to make sure they all get the same or something?

This argument is nonsense

You don't have to measure anything, but just have the common courtesy to acknowledge an injustice when you see it. Silence only exacerbates the problem. You don't pick and choose what's offensive and what isn't. You don't pontificate about the importance of taking the knee, and then ignore racist behaviour when it happens, isn't that what taking the knee is about, stamping out racism in football? 

And you think my anger at such an injustice, and my disappointment in people's response to that injustice is "Nonsense." What a bold statement. Go and tell all the victims of racist abuse its nonsense. And, whose "We".

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

You don't have to measure anything, but just have the common courtesy to acknowledge an injustice when you see it. Silence only exacerbates the problem. You don't pick and choose what's offensive and what isn't. You don't pontificate about the importance of taking the knee, and then ignore racist behaviour when it happens, isn't that what taking the knee is about, stamping out racism in football? 

It hasn’t been ignored. There was plenty of uproar to it on this board. I’m really not sure what your point is. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

And you think my anger at such an injustice, and my disappointment in people's response to that injustice is "Nonsense”

No I think your argument that some people might not have commented on Enzo Fernandez so they’re not allowed to comment on any other racism is nonsense. Because it is 

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Go and tell all the victims of racist abuse its nonsense.

What the **** are you talking about? 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I'm not racist but X made me do it ?  

My take on it would be that opportunists are exploiting anger and division , divisions that have existed for some time in this country  , I'm sure X is being used as a mouthpiece by people happy to exploit and make money from it , just as other organizations have also used it and other platforms to stir divisions over the years , propaganda didn't start in 2006  

I appreciate the BBC is a left wing mouthpiece :) and wouldn't' give the far right a platform but without X they would only find another way , unless you are proposing a North Korean style news service where you only get news the government want you to ?  

Arguably  , I would urge anyone who doesn't have an X  account to sign up and get one  , the fact it isn't state sponsored ( Hi Russia)  is precisely why it should exist , whilst misinformation is being spread , the truth can always be found in a few seconds for those that want to find it  . For sure some people, will just share without reading or doing their own research  as evidenced with the recent killing of innocent children , but then again some people can be convinced to strap a bomb to themselves and detonate it , some people can be convinced to join a cult in Waco or drink Kool Aid etc 

It took me far longer than I am willing to admit to realize you weren’t using X to represent an unknown value 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

It took me far longer than I am willing to admit to realize you weren’t using X to represent an unknown value 🤣

I think that might be the first time I've ever seen it used without being immediately followed by "formerly known as Twitter", so the rebrand is going well.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It hasn’t been ignored. There was plenty of uproar to it on this board. I’m really not sure what your point is. 

No I think your argument that some people might not have commented on Enzo Fernandez so they’re not allowed to comment on any other racism is nonsense. Because it is 

What the **** are you talking about? 😂

What are you talking about? How is it nonsense to suggest that people are selective in their views on racism? No, there wasn't any outrage, on here, at the decision not to punish him. Hence, why I called it out and rightly so. And you have the temerity to call it nonsense. Typical. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

there wasn't any outrage, on here, at the decision not to punish him.

Because there hasn't been a decision not to punish him.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What are you talking about? How is it nonsense to suggest that people are selective in their views on racism? No, there wasn't any outrage, on here, at the decision not to punish him. Hence, why I called it out and rightly so. And you have the temerity to call it nonsense. Typical. 

There was plenty of discussion about Enzo and his racism. I know because I was part of it. 

Even if there wasn’t, why does that mean people can’t comment on other racism?

I assume you’ve commented on every single racist incident that has ever happened? Because by you’re insane logic if you haven’t then you can’t comment on these riots 

You’re chatting utter nonsense. You can’t gatekeep discussion about racism

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

You can stop all the animosity now before you’ve begun. It’s a very emotive subject and slinging insults at each other isn’t going to help.

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yes there has, by Chelsea. 

Fair enough, I missed that, well yeah, that's an absolute **** disgrace. An article from last week suggests that FIFA haven't made a decision yet so hopefully they hand out a ban

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Fair enough, I missed that, well yeah, that's an absolute **** disgrace. An article from last week suggests that FIFA haven't made a decision yet so hopefully they hand out a ban

Apparently, he made a charitable donation to an anti racist organisation. That old chestnut. 

45 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Unlike the site guidelines I like to refer to it by its proper name 😆

51 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm pretty sure most here are aware and/or agree with this but based on some of the comments I read yesterday one or two might want to think about what's being said. 

Those figures sound like bullshit to me. The UK has taken in 250,000 Ukrainians and 150,000 Hong Kong citizens in the last three years. They alone are nearly 0.6% of our population, not the 0.18% he’s claiming represents the total of ALL refugees. The actual total must be way higher than that.

Obviously immigration isn’t the main reason why people can’t get a GP appointment or buy a house … but it’s hugely disingenuous to pretend the 700,000 net immigrants that came to the UK last year don’t strain our public services at all. It certainly contributes to the problem.

Doesn’t mean immigration is a bad thing overall, but the costs do need to be recognised if you’re going to discuss the issue sensibly.

(EDIT - just so it’s clear, it’s the misleading video I’ve got an issue with, not you.)

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Those figures sound like bullshit to me. The UK has taken in 250,000 Ukrainians and 150,000 Hong Kong citizens in the last three years. They alone are nearly 0.6% of our population, not the 0.18% he’s claiming represents the total of ALL refugees. The actual total must be way higher than that.

Obviously immigration isn’t the main reason why people can’t get a GP appointment or buy a house … but it’s hugely disingenuous to pretend the 700,000 net immigrants that came to the UK last year don’t strain our public services at all. It certainly contributes to the problem.

Doesn’t mean immigration is a bad thing overall, but the costs do need to be recognised if you’re going to discuss the issue sensibly.

(EDIT - just so it’s clear, it’s the misleading video I’ve got an issue with, not you.)

Yeah the numbers are questionable which is a shame but I still agreed with a lot of what was said.

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

People in other threads generally avoid posting anything from Lowkey. Lots of his stuff is bull.

Yeh on reflection I've deleted my post. Whilst he made some good points it's pointless posting his stuff if he's making up numbers.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â