Racism Part two

Demitri_C

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He's tweeted the lads address in return. How would he even get that?

If he’s working with Russian intelligence as has been suggested it wouldn’t too hard for them.

• Like 1

The crazy thing is, as bad as this is, there are people a whole lot worse than these goofy thugs quietly waiting in the wings and gauging how things are going.

We like to call these rioters fascists, but the real fascists are the ones slowly steering these people further and further right and testing the waters. Even now, as bad as they seem, they're simply against an amorphous "immigrants" (usually with the caveat illegal) or Muslims (because terrorism), and have haphazard justifications that in their minds make them "not racist", which shows they at the very least actually care about being perceived as such and on some level think it's wrong.

The actual fascists simply believe their enemies are subhuman and need to be cleansed by any means necessary. Ironically, not even Tommy Robinson himself is safe:

Out of curiosity, is he Jewish? It's kind of funny to see him get this kind of backlash from what you would think is his own kind, but it kind of shows what we're dealing with here. Anyone who's been on Twitter lately can see how Musk has let legitimate fascists thrive on there and there's every danger the gobby tattooed "We need to save Engerland" types get radicalised even further closer to them. That's why I think this needs to get nipped in the bud rather sharpish. Starmer talks a good game, but if they continue to be as hands-off as they appear, that can send the wrong message that the police sympathise on some level.

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The crazy thing is, as bad as this is, there are people a whole lot worse than these goofy thugs quietly waiting in the wings and gauging how things are going.

We like to call these rioters fascists, but the real fascists are the ones slowly steering these people further and further right and testing the waters. Even now, as bad as they seem, they're simply against an amorphous "immigrants" (usually with the caveat illegal) or Muslims (because terrorism), and have haphazard justifications that in their minds make them "not racist", which shows they at the very least actually care about being perceived as such and on some level think it's wrong.

The actual fascists simply believe their enemies are subhuman and need to be cleansed by any means necessary. Ironically, not even Tommy Robinson himself is safe:

Out of curiosity, is he Jewish? It's kind of funny to see him get this kind of backlash from what you would think is his own kind, but it kind of shows what we're dealing with here. Anyone who's been on Twitter lately can see how Musk has let legitimate fascists thrive on there and there's every danger the gobby tattooed "We need to save Engerland" types get radicalised even further closer to them. That's why I think this needs to get nipped in the bud rather sharpish. Starmer talks a good game, but if they continue to be as hands-off as they appear, that can send the wrong message that the police sympathise on some level.

Nah, ironically his parents (or at least one of them) were Irish immigrants to Britain. I reckon the backlash to that post is from someone who has mistaken the guy in the picture for TR and is having a go at him for having mixed race kids

Edit: having just had a quick look on Twitter, it seems that TR's pro-Israel stance has caused a bit of a far right backlash against him, so there could well be an anti-semitic dimension to that post tbf

Edited by icouldtelltheworld
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Nah, ironically his parents (or at least one of them) were Irish immigrants to Britain. I reckon the backlash to that post is from someone who has mistaken the guy in the picture for TR and is having a go at him for having mixed race kids

Ah, makes sense. Even then you would think he'd get a pass.

Notice how Robinson has to qualify his stance on immigration with "mass" and "uncontrolled", and then the Nazis are just like "exterminate *****s and race mixers". 

5 hours ago, supermon said:

I know of a lot of families who are too scared to go out now. Telling their kids to remain at home. This is Birmingham. There was a fun fair in Sutton Coldfield today and I know of at least 3 families that decided not to go out of fear. Minorities across the whole of the UK will be feeling this. Scared to even go on public transport.

I hope things improve very soon.

Until things settle, there are a lot of people who are scared because what is getting reported less are the smaller individual events (few instances of women with head scarves being assaulted) - also where people have had things thrown at them or shouted at in other parts. These have simply been ****wit kids saying things but nevertheless it causes distress to those affected. Clearly the actions of the rioters will embolden others. I just worry for those innocent people who are less able to defend themselves.

Various whatsapp groups are advising people to keep kids indoors, not go out alone and to be very wary which is terrible considering its the summer holidays but understandable.

My in laws and I all went to Sutton park and the fair. We didn't see or experience any trouble and thankfully just saw a lot of different families enjoying themselves.

Did later hear that in Sutton my brother in law saw a chap walking around in the evening with a Balaclava on. However he scarpered after my b-i-l asked him if he was alright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As has been alluded to, the rioting has mainly targeted the less diverse towns/cities. Aside from in Bolton where the rioters were met by a few hundred in "opposition" they've largely only dealt with the police who are doing their best. Should the Bham demonstration happen later this month, then I'm led to believe there'll be a very sizeable "counter force".

It's a difficult one as the responsible adult in me wants my community to avoid conflict for fear of escalation and because we'll quickly be marked as the problem but equally my instinctive side would love to beat some sense into these *****. Hopefully things settle down before the 17th!

Guys all stay safe 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Good lord I just clicked on that Muhsociofactors Twitter feed. I cannot honestly believe people think that way. Is it a bot or for real?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Good lord I just clicked on that Muhsociofactors Twitter feed. I cannot honestly believe people think that way. Is it a bot or for real?

It's real and there are so many like them now on Twitter, they're given carte blanche by Musk. Many had their accounts reinstated after being permabanned under the previous regime.

That's what I mean though, we think the EDL types are bad enough (rightfully so), but we should be wary that things can get a whole lot worse.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Time to ban Twitter? The US are banning Tic Toc so it's presumably possible. 

I've said for years Musk is a James Bond Villain. The damage he's doing to society is untold. 

I was thinking the same, surely it just needs a tag of an organisation which incites hatred and violence and it’s gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've said for years Musk is a James Bond Villain. The damage he's doing to society is untold. 

The 2011 riots were not because of Twitter. Ban a message service and people will just use another one to communicate. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was thinking the same, surely it just needs a tag of an organisation which incites hatred and violence and it’s gone.

Thing is, it really does. That's exactly what it is. 

I know it sounds like an authoritarian action like you would see in a dictatorship and people will go on about freedom of speech but this is different. This wouldn't be the action of a henius Government trying to protect it's position. This is shutting down an organisation that is deliberately facilitating hate. 

Again I urge anyone who uses Twitter to close their accounts. This organisation stands front and centre for the kind of shit that's going down now. 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It was a cesspit long before Musk got his hands on it. It’s never been run like a responsible platform. Compare to something like VT which admittedly is much smaller scale but if you said something out of bounds on here it’s immediately jumped on. A lot of people aren’t happy about that but when you look over the garden fence at Twitter you can see why they’re so hot on it because it quickly descends into hateful anarchy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

The 2011 riots were not because of Twitter. Ban a message service and people will just use another one to communicate. 

Another one that might be better regulated and not run by someone who ACTIVELY encourages this. 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

It’s never been run like a responsible platform.

Well there you go.  A line in the sand has to be drawn somewhere. 

Edited by sidcow

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Getting lively in Tamworth

Windows smashed

Why don’t they back up a few riot vans, then start grabbing these pricks from the front of the rioters and slinging them into the vans to be prosecuted tomorrow after a night in the cells. Would they be so brave then?

Problem is when they come out of the cells, the next night they will continue where they left off. Getting caught and banged up for the night is an acceptable minor risk for morons like this.

Issue is jails are full, so what sort of adequate justice is suitable and will it deter them?

I used to work for Anglian Water and I have always thought that spraying the lot of them with sewage sludge will stop them, it stinks!, and once they know what they are being sprayed with I am sure they would disperse......maybe it could be termed as "fighting like with like"... 😊

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

Problem is when they come out of the cells, the next night they will continue where they left off. Getting caught and banged up for the night is an acceptable minor risk for morons like this.

Issue is jails are full, so what sort of adequate justice is suitable and will it deter them?

I used to work for Anglian Water and I have always thought that spraying the lot of them with sewage sludge will stop them, it stinks!, and once they know what they are being sprayed with I am sure they would disperse......maybe it could be termed as "fighting like with like"... 😊

Once a few hefty sentences are dished out hopefully a few will think twice. They need to rush the first few through the courts. It seemed to work last time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Again I urge anyone who uses Twitter to close their accounts. This organisation stands front and centre for the kind of shit that's going down now. 

Okay, but can I wait until after the transfer window?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Only thing with the sludge suggestion, could we then make those arrested do the clean up afterwards as part of some community service? 😀 (If they don't go to prison)

• Like 1

You're not going to solve anything until you get all sides together and have a serious discussion. Thst includes people like Robinson, Starmer and leaders of different ethnic minority groups. 

Rightfully the thugs attacking the police  and mosques should be harshly dealt with but labelling everyone as far right when many probably voted Labour is the wrong thing to do. 

This country is a pressure pot now. It all kicked off since the murdering of those poor children and tragically that has all been lost in the last few days with the protests and riots around the country

Edited by PaulC
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â