Racism Part two

Demitri_C

The government need to come down on all this like a ton of bricks and not be pussy footing around. That means making the EDL a proscribed terrorist group and calling the likes of Farage out for what they are. We have had years of the government turning a blind eye to,  or actually actively stoking the flames of division, and this is where it has gotten us. They'll be short term pain and a backlash from some quarters no doubt but this direction of travel needs to be stopped. 

• Like 4

Just now, markavfc40 said:

The government need to come down on all this like a ton of bricks and not be pussy footing around. That means making the EDL a proscribed terrorist group and calling the likes of Farage out for what they are. We have had years of the government turning a blind eye to,  or actually actively stoking the flames of division, and this is where it has gotten us. They'll be short term pain and a backlash from some quarters no doubt but this direction of travel needs to be stopped. 

The useful idiots on the ground will be getting the book thrown at them, the 24 hour court talk is gathering pace, and they did not **** around with sentencing in 2011.

You're right though, something needs to be done about those who've fanned the flames

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The genuine racists and thugs  will be loving  this.  To people like myself and some others on here who get branded racist it’s very sad to see what’s happening. Some of our concerns might come across right wing but we don’t want to see this happening I’m sure I speak for everyone . 

Do you speak for those mates of yours that you said were off at the Tommy Robinson hate-fest the other day?

4 hours ago, Zero7 said:

This all harps back to the dark days of the mid 80’s with far right skinheads beating on innocent people. There was no boat immigration then, just hard working Asians making a good life for themselves. Same scum, just different excuses this time. 

I was talking with Mrs Sidcow about this last night.  The last time things were like this was back then when again, people were struggling, money was tight, people were poor. It's easy for the agitators to stir things up and mobilise the disaffected. Get them to blame a certain group of people for their ills. 

It's been harder to do that in the last 30 years because it's been relatively easy living times. But the years of mismanagement of the UK and Austerity has now caught up and there are many people easily lead who want to blame somebody for their lot in life and. And of course Social Media makes it easy to influence these people. 

• Like 2

Where does beating people up in the street, burning businesses and wrecking a library stand on the Braverman scale, if waving a flag is a hate march?

She’s gone very quite the last few days, for someone that’s been so mouthy about students pitching tents on campus lawns.

Hopefully for her, the sort of brain dead follower she’s been encouraging will be able to spot the difference between her face and that of their common enemy.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Where does beating people up in the street, burning businesses and wrecking a library stand on the Braverman scale, if waving a flag is a hate march?

She’s gone very quite the last few days, for someone that’s been so mouthy about students pitching tents on campus lawns.

Hopefully for her, the sort of brain dead follower she’s been encouraging will be able to spot the difference between her face and that of their common enemy.

Something something legitimate concerns, I reckon

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

??????

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick and he was off marching with his local brass band.

Apologies if so.

Can someone please explain to me what British Values are? 

I've lived here all my life and I'm really not certain what they are.

However I've been studying the activities of the people trying to protect them so what I can gather these are British Values. Please try and add to the list if I've missed anything:

Destroying Public and Private property. 

Shouting in the faces of Police officers. 

Attacking Police Officers. 

Throwing bricks and metal objects at third parties pretty much indiscriminately. 

Setting fire to cars, shops, libraries and community centres. 

Attacking people in the street. 

Attacking peaceful places of worship. 

Please feel free to add anything to the list I've missed. 

Maybe we could set up a vote for which is our favourite British Value?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Something something legitimate concerns, I reckon

Can't be distracted by the actions of a few idiots who have overshadowed the majority of peaceful protestor who deserve to be heard.  You know the excuses will follow. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The "five years in prison is completely proportionate for protesting in a way that disrupts people" commentators also seem a bit quieter about the number of years in prison these "protesters" should all be handed.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Can someone please explain to me what British Values are? 

I've lived here all my life and I'm really not certain what they are.

However I've been studying the activities of the people trying to protect them so what I can gather these are British Values. Please try and add to the list if I've missed anything:

Destroying Public and Private property. 

Shouting in the faces of Police officers. 

Attacking Police Officers. 

Throwing bricks and metal objects at third parties pretty much indiscriminately. 

Setting fire to cars, shops, libraries and community centres. 

Attacking people in the street. 

Attacking peaceful places of worship. 

Please feel free to add anything to the list I've missed. 

Maybe we could set up a vote for which is our favourite British Value?

Getting staff locked into the JD Sports shop they work in for 4 hours whilst stood outside chanting JDs Next, JDs Next

must be the jihadist pedo rape gang trainers they sell

45 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

A friend of mine is collecting books from friends to help restock the library. Just been round to drop a box off after a quick sort out. They'll probably have the best selection of music and art related books in the country by the end of this. Though I also suspect there'll be some ludicrous rule that says they can’t use donated books.

That library and community hub has only just been renovated, the absolute feral scum destroyed something supplied by the council for the community. They were lucky it wasn’t closed altogether after the Tory cuts now they’ve tried to destroy their own communities resources.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â