Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Protect this woman at all costs

That’s Kier Starmer auditioning for a part in Mrs Doubtfire isn’t it ? 

(sorry , I know that’s someone’s nan ) 

• Haha 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I wonder how many decades time it will be when everyone pretty much agrees how badly social media **** up society. 

It's so bad. It used to be bad, but only affected terminally online weirdos and was relegated to certain sites. But now everyone is affected. You can talk to what you think is a regular person now and already see the brainrot from social media. Twitter in particular is just spectacularly ****ed.

• Like 3

Elon Musk was sucking up to Tommy Robinson yesterday - who also personally intervened to have his Twitter ban overturned. Twitter was honestly a hell site, but should have never been allowed to have been turned into X.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Elon Musk was sucking up to Tommy Robinson yesterday - who also personally intervened to have his Twitter ban overturned. Twitter was honestly a hell site, but should have never been allowed to have been turned into X.

Elon Musk spoke about Tommy Robinson?

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Elon Musk spoke about Tommy Robinson?

When Elon agrees with someone and wants to boost their BS to millions he replies below with exclaimation points. He did that for Tommy yesterday in response to the stabbings and his unfiltered racist BS.

• Shocked 1

34 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It genuinely should be banned in the EU given how lax they are with content moderation.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

When Elon agrees with someone and wants to boost their BS to millions he replies below with exclaimation points. He did that for Tommy yesterday in response to the stabbings and his unfiltered racist BS.

It can't be Elon himself doing it though. Must be staff right ?

Strange to image one of the richest people in the world replying to the likes of Tommy Robinson.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Strange to image one of the richest people in the world replying to the likes of Tommy Robinson.

I'm 99% confident Elon does all his own tweets. There's many red flags about who he interacts with on Twitter, not to mention his very weird alt accounts too.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If you say something he agrees with, he'll either steal you tweet if it was a meme and post it himself or say something like "Concerning!", "Exactly!", "!". It's all far right stuff too so I'm not the least bit surprised about him replying to Tommy Robinson.

That's just what he posts publicly, he has made likes private now so who knows what he likes and boosts privately. Pretty sure it's Nazi shit, and I'm not even being dramatic.

Police have sent a message to our local mosque WhatsApp group to stay vigilant as they are worried about lone nut cases targeting people coming in and out of the mosque, being fuelled by what they are seeing.

• Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

**** hell, they've dialled it up a notch, from cars being attacked and burned, they've now set a police station on fire.

More riots booked in for tomorrow, including in my city. I'll be staying far away from that place.

Nottingham and Manchester, isn't it?

Joys.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

How disinformation spreads, a thread worth your while.

really interesting read. so all started from a single tweet from this 'faye' person.

one day, there's going to be a very serious event that occurs on the back of something just like this (much worse than these riots recently)

It’s quite clear that the best way to put a stop to the riots is for everyday normal people to come out onto the streets and do what Liverpool did yesterday and always does when the shitheads come to town

It hasn’t happened since Covid, last night was the first but if they try again it’s almost guaranteed that next time there'll be three times the people in the streets to defeat them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

really interesting read. so all started from a single tweet from this 'faye' person.

one day, there's going to be a very serious event that occurs on the back of something just like this (much worse than these riots recently)

Yep and it all gets amplified by accounts with massive followings and dodgy ownership, then the useful idiots pick it up and it becomes “fact” 

9 hours ago, omariqy said:

Police have sent a message to our local mosque WhatsApp group to stay vigilant as they are worried about lone nut cases targeting people coming in and out of the mosque, being fuelled by what they are seeing.

This breaks my heart. Stay safe dude.

"A black female soldier who fronted British Army recruitment campaigns has spoken for the first time about how years of racist abuse and bullying made her life whilst serving “a living hell”.
Kerry-Ann Knight, 33, took her case to an employment tribunal and accepted a substantial settlement from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) last month.
She says when her complaints weren’t taken seriously she began secretly recording conversations - including one where laughter could be heard after a white male soldier said “just [expletive] tar and feather her, it’s what they used to do in the old days”.
The hostility began with what some in the Army might wish to dismiss as “banter”.

“I wanted more individuals of colour to join, because I just thought, the Army cannot continue like this - it really can’t”, she says.
She knew women and ethnic minorities were under-represented groups and says she was selected to front campaigns because of this. Women make up 11.7% of the UK's armed forces and ethnic minorities 11.2%.
But, when the 2019 campaign went public, there was a backlash, which was was reported at the time, external.
British soldiers accused her online of “playing the race card” and of being just “a tick in the diversity box”.

(Link:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c84jzex9vk8o)

Thoroughly depressing article with many depressingly often used tropes, including on this forum.

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â