Racism Part two

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe you can go and have a look and report back your findings to those that care.

So... the acceptable answer to your maybe, you aren't saying it but possibly they do exist but you don't know no go zones is for you to go and give it ago? No?

1 minute ago, bickster said:

So... the acceptable answer to your maybe, you aren't saying it but possibly they do exist but you don't know no go zones is for you to go and give it ago? No?

Unless you can provide evidence that every road on every city in the UK there is no roads of that nature then you can't say there is or isn't 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Unless you can provide evidence that every road on every city in the UK there is no roads of that nature then you can't say there is or isn't 

That really isn't the way this works

The onus is on the person to prove something exists not the other way around.

It's practically impossible to prove non-existence.

Or to put it another way, the person making a claim needs to back it up.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I always find it funny when people mention all these racist, anti-white places are bad at night time, in the dark.

If people are going to be racist, they don't wait until it's 1am and think "right guys, time to go attack some honkeys" and yet I imagine (and only imagine, because I'm white British) that those people on this forum who are not white will have likely experienced racism just as a casual day-to-day affair.  Not 1am in a rough area, just... 4pm, walking down a road.

And, of course, racism is not reserved for white people to use.  There will absolutely be some racists in the UK who are anti-white.  However, (and, again, speaking from my own experience only because I'm white British) I have only ever heard racial slurs toward non-white friends of mine - and even strangers - rather than any racial slurs toward me.  As with the above, I reckon if you asked those people on this forum who are white if they've experienced racism towards them, it will have happened to a minority rather than a majority.  I've been mugged in rough areas, I've been intimidated by chavs of varying skin colours, but I've never had to deal with racism.

This is a cracking post.

This thread is about racism. There are streets that plenty of us would be hesitant or on edge to walk down but I can't think of any that I'd fear going down due to fear of being racially abused/attacked either verbally or physically simply due to being white. I may fear being attacked as I may look fair game to be robbed but that is completely different. 

Up until fairly recently my barbers I'd been going to since I was a kid was in Lozells (on Lozells Road) and I'd go every 2-3 weeks. I'd also go into Lozells late at night to some cracking curry houses or into Ladywood. Now people may think inner city areas in Birmingham like that they wouldn't feel safe in but I've never felt any fear and 100% never felt unwelcome due to being white. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

That really isn't the way this works

The onus is on the person to prove something exists not the other way around.

It's practically impossible to prove non-existence.

Or to put it another way, the person making a claim needs to back it up.

It is the way it works - you are failing to agree that there could be neighbours/roads that may not welcome white people. And there probably is others that will not accept non white people.

I dont see how the poster has to back it up? Why does he? You want his friend to join the forum share his opinion with a handful of villtalk posters? Everyone is allowed a opinion whther they agree with you or not.

To summarise as we are getting absolutely nowhere with this debate there is no evidence that they do or dont exist because its impossible data to collect.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It is the way it works - you are failing to agree that there could be neighbours/roads that may not welcome white people. And there probably is others that will not accept non white people.

I dont see how the poster has to back it up? Why does he? You want his friend to join the forum share his opinion with a handful of villtalk posters? Everyone is allowed a opinion whther they agree with you or not.

To summarise as we are getting absolutely nowhere with this debate there is no evidence that they do or dont exist because its impossible data to collect.

I'm sorry Dem but this is how it works

If you make a claim about somebody, that person can accuse you of libel, the person making the libel needs to prove the statement wasn't libellous, its not down to the person who is libelled to prove its not true

It's a general principal of any valid argument and the law.

It's actually a little insane to think it doesn't work that way

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This is a cracking post.

This thread is about racism. There are streets that plenty of us would be hesitant or on edge to walk down but I can't think of any that I'd fear going down due to fear of being racially abused/attacked either verbally or physically simply due to being white. I may fear being attacked as I may look fair game to be robbed but that is completely different. 

Up until fairly recently my barbers I'd been going to since I was a kid was in Lozells (on Lozells Road) and I'd go every 2-3 weeks. I'd also go into Lozells late at night to some cracking curry houses or into Ladywood. Now people may think inner city areas in Birmingham like that they wouldn't feel safe in but I've never felt any fear and 100% never felt unwelcome due to being white. 

The thing is mark have you experienced racism towards you before?  I have twice in two examples on the previous pages - once was by white people and the others were non whites. So it can happen ive experienced it.

Yes its twice in 41 years but having it done to your period is unacceptable no matter what colour your skin is we all agree on that surely?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

But you can't possibly just throw out these generalisations without at least some kind of evidence - even if ancedotal.  Just name one **** neighbourhood or road.

Just having "an opinion" without anything at all to back it up is exactly how racism starts.

Read the last two pages of two experiences ive given that happened to me

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Read the last two pages of two experiences ive given that happened to me

So Luton and Rochester are "no-go zones" for whites and blacks respectively?

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm sorry Dem but this is how it works

If you make a claim about somebody, that person can accuse you of libel, the person making the libel needs to prove the statement wasn't libellous, its not down to the person who is libelled to prove its not true

It's a general principal of any valid argument and the law.

It's actually a little insane to think it doesn't work that way

Next you're going to tell me you don't believe in the teapot orbiting the moon.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So Luton and Rochester are "no-go zones" for whites and blacks respectively?

Went to the outskirts of Rochester last year, had to stay in Strood, I wasn't welcome in Rochester.

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

He meant neither of those words?  :D 

ffs its catching , now i have to suffer pages of ridicule from you :D 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

There are streets in the UK where they take Villa fans, chop them into pieces and cook them in a stew and then serve them to the local homeless.

You haven't been to every street in the UK so you can't say that doesn't happen

That's why it works the way Bicks has said it works. Otherwise anyone could claim anything all the time. Not being able to prove something doesn't happen doesn't mean it does happen. 

• Like 1

I went into a chip shop in a predominantly Muslim not very affluent area and I was absolutely shocked by what I found.

They didn't have HP sauce!

The chilli sauce was ace though, so it was ok in the end.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I can't think of any that I'd fear going down due to fear of being racially abused/attacked either verbally or physically simply due to being white

I can. In 1990 when I was leaving the RAF I did a CAA course to get a license to work on civvy planes. The course was in Bristol. On a Wednesday we finished at lunch time and being summer, went to the pub. After the pub I needed to go buy some shoes so walked into the city centre. I really should not have done. Stones and rocks and abuse and chased by the exclusively black locals.  100% racist. 0/10 WNB

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â