Racism Part two

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a strong point about Letby, I believe she is the most prolific child killer in UK history.

You would imagine the Wetherspoons Light Infantry would have been straight round to support the parents, and smash up the hospital.

The fact that there seems to be a big push from certain sectors to discredit her trial(s) tells you a lot. I wonder if she wasn't a young white blonde woman whether there would such a close examination of her case.

14 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m waiting to hear the answer to this. I can only imagine it is at its core an anti Islamic protest (for reasons unknown).

If I am right in that guess, then that would be a hate crime, wouldn’t it? So, not just “a protest”. But a crime. That would be newsworthy. 

6 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Absolutely racism plays a role no argument there. I am not going to try and defend the ignorance. 

However, the reason it is Islam that is so often the target of hatred and not say, Chinese people,  is because of high profile terrorist incidents perpetrated in the name of radical Islam. 

This attack was most likely not terror related but the link to radical violence by outsiders from Northern Africa and the Middle East is very much made in the minds of large percentage of the public. It’s fear and ignorance which leads to this kind of response. 

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

The issue, from what I see is this. 

You switch the TV on and someone has stabbed kids. All the reports point to the suspect being of black, African descent. 

You switch the TV on and a load of idiots are attacking each other with machetes. From the images shown, many appear to be of ethnic cultures. 

You switch the TV on and someone has driven a truck into a crowded market place in France, Belgium, Germany etc... They are primarily Muslim with anti-western beliefs. 

It's a very small minority of these people but their actions are having huge influence on a generation where life is viewed through a lens. 

Everyone is quick to judge, label and form opinion based on one individuals actions and I don't think the world ever moves away from that. Racism, in all it's forms, will always exist and all you can do is try to educate children when they are young to make sure they grow up with grounded views on society and different cultures. 

There are a lot of issues on this earth right now. And most are being caused by white people and their beliefs or religion idealisms. 

Not going to get too into this discussion as can say so much but will simply add that the way things are portrayed varies enormously. Whilst there are undoubtedly various crimes/actions being committed by individuals who claim to be Muslim (they're not and will suffer for their actions tenfold), IMO we see and hear about these both disproportionately compared to the plethora of crimes/actions being committed daily against Muslims (or any ethnic minority) and differently.

• Look when a news story is reported and see if faith is casually mentioned when they're non-muslim  -  it rarely is. This compounds the view of there being a division
  • Look when people are killed in Israel & Gaza. It's a "response" by one side but its considered "attacking" by another 
  • Even yesterday, the strike on a crowded area of the capital city (Beirut) of a middle-eastern country wasn't reported in the same way as if it was done to a western city
  • Money matters more than morals so we don't hear too much about what China is doing currently to brainwash/wipe out an entire group of people or their aggression against nearby countries
  • Equally Saudi is less reprimanded for what it is doing to Yemen (muslim on muslim violence which does happen a lot too) than it is for its LGBTQ+ rights 
  • From a football lens... until Ian Wright and others pointed it out, when England lost the papers or images would always be of black players but the wins show all the players

I'm not saying any side/group is blameless. However no not notice the way things are reported being very different is naïve.  This only stokes underlying division rather than working to untie people. The more we call out these differences, the more likely it is to stop and we'll get reporting that promotes that All life is equally precious.

Finally and most importantly, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those affected in Southport. 🙏

• Like 4

I didn't follow the case closely but there are a couple of pages in the most recent Private Eye covering a number of experts unconvinced that the statistics used to convict her approach 'beyond reasonable doubt', along with some alternative hypotheses, it was enough to convince me that it's not out of the question that it'll one day be looked back on as a gross miscarriage of justice. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I guess the question then is are there a disproportionate number of crimes committed by any one group over another and if so, could more be done to correct an anomaly?

There almost certainly is. But that will almost certainly be down to other factors

49 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ah good old internet and  who has killed the most people Top Trumps 

Someone of Rwandan descent has just killed 3 children with a knife , and the arguemnt descends to yeah but Lucy Letby was white 

what's next ? discussions on that Pol Pot fella killed 2 million Cambodians .. countered by yeah but  Hitler was a white Christian 

That's an excellent way to completely misrepresent what was being said

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

for the religious argument , often when a deranged clearing in the woods who happens to be Muslim goes off on one , invariably it involves  Allah Akbar as they commit the deed and its done in the name of their religion  (i say often , not always as I'm sure some kill for other reasons)   , the White Christian killers to my knowledge , don't make the shape of a man on a cross and shout what a way to spend good Friday as they pull the trigger  , they aren't killing people on the basis of religion (on the whole , I'm sure some might) 

And this is, of course, also completely untrue

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And this is, of course, also completely untrue

@tonyh29  -   just more an FYI, the phrase itself doesn't mean I'm doing something for my religion. Whilst some criminals have been heard saying it before their actions, it's a phrase that simply means "God is Great" or "God is the Greatest" and is used lots of ways and contexts  e.g.  its what you first whisper into a newborns ears when born to show gratitude for what you've been blessed with  or UFC fighters say it after a fight because they've come though unscathed.  So in equal measure, it could be said by criminals in the context of "I know i'm doing bad but forgive me" rather than this is for the faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Nothing funnier today than watching this racist idiot get a brick to his genitalia after rioting and targeting a mosque in Southport 

Reminds me of this

• Haha 1

It's quite simple really. If you're white and can trace the last few generations of your family back to this country then it is obviously bad when you commit atrocities,   but there was no way to really prevent it.

If you don't fall in to this category then the government could have done more by keeping you out your family out.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's quite simple really. If you're white and can trace the last few generations of your family back to this country then it is obviously bad when you commit atrocities,   but there was no way to really prevent it.

If you don't fall in to this category then the government could have done more by keeping you out your family out.

Is this a real post? 😂

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This is exactly it. Sensible people would then make the logical leap that allowing in people that commit crimes at the same or lower rate than native people is also fine, but simpletons don’t get that far.

Nonetheless it does encapsulate exactly why someone might be furious that the government had allowed in an immigrant who stabbed several people to death and just be sad that Letby killed so many children.

Its not necessarily due to colour of skin imo - not sure people would be okay with it if a Ukrainian refugee or a Romanian had done it, just because they’re white.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

This is exactly it. Sensible people would then make the logical leap that allowing in people that commit crimes at the same or lower rate than native people is also fine, but simpletons don’t get that far.

Nonetheless it does encapsulate exactly why someone might be furious that the government had allowed in an immigrant who stabbed several people to death and just be sad that Letby killed so many children.

Its not necessarily due to colour of skin imo - not sure people would be okay with it if a Ukrainian refugee or a Romanian had done it, just because they’re white.

It’s incredibly simple, the problem is radical Islamists who want to wipe the infidel off the face of the Earth irrelevant of skin colour  as per their twisted interpretation of the Quran in a new Calphiate

These are the people we do not want to buy into our society as do the majority of hard-working law abiding integrated Muslim or other people who want to live in our fine lands

There are definitely areas of this country which are impossible to enter as a white Christian male, or just being white regardless of religion,. 

The amount of fighting age young males entering the country is somewhat concerning  I can understand the concern this may raise with people living in these areas. 

there is a solution somewhere and it does not help with idiots taking to the street against something that has not actually occurred, but there is a massive problem and it cannot be ignored 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

There are definitely areas of this country which are impossible to enter as a white Christian male, or just being white regardless of religion,. 

Name one. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â