Racism Part two

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Thoughts?

didn’t read much beyond.. ‘the woke community’ whatever follows that is usually crap for clicks or space Karen.

I always skim pass the initial narrative on these things from both sides because extreme defenders of each side stop reasonable discussion of any topic.  

I was more interested in what Ake said and Gullit thought, and discussion on that both positive and negative.  

20 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I always skim pass the initial narrative on these things from both sides because extreme defenders of each side stop reasonable discussion of any topic.  

I was more interested in what Ake said and Gullit thought, and discussion on that both positive and negative.  

I dunno, a twitter account where the author is a ‘lad’ using terms like woke and posting pictures of black face. Not sure there’s going to be too much enlightenment going on. Not always easy to get nuance and perspective on football twitter with selected quotes and pictures.

Feels easier to just stay away from black face rather than have to intellectualise it. So that’s what I would have done. I’d have steered clear and avoided the debate and avoided stumbling in to other people’s beliefs and prejudices. Doesn’t feel worth the effort to do it and potentially be judged, even if judged out of context on the internet.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I dunno, a twitter account where the author is a ‘lad’ using terms like woke and posting pictures of black face. Not sure there’s going to be too much enlightenment going on. Not always easy to get nuance and perspective on football twitter with selected quotes and pictures.

Feels easier to just stay away from black face rather than have to intellectualise it. So that’s what I would have done. I’d have steered clear and avoided the debate and avoided stumbling in to other people’s beliefs and prejudices. Doesn’t feel worth the effort to do it and potentially be judged, even if judged out of context on the internet.

Yeah that’s good advice

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

For every Ake that thinks it’s ok there are probably 100 black people who think it’s not ok. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

For every Ake that thinks it’s ok there are probably 100 black people who think it’s not ok. 

That’s what I thought, so was surprised some fans turned up to a Euro game doing that despite (I assume) doing it to support a legendary player of their national team.  Anyway as Chris says probably a topic not for further discussion.

You would think they can honor Gullit by not having to do blackface? It’s not like they can’t just have the fake dreads and wear his top. The fans may not have meant to cause harm but it’s still distasteful imo

• Like 1

Â