Racism Part two

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

**** good!

I remember seeing one for sale in Whitby a couple of years ago. In a touristy tat shop. 

23 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't see throwing a banana at a black player any different to doing monkey chants.  I think there is a place for stereotypical jokes and comedy on TV and elsewhere but I don't see how throwing bananas as anything other than a deliberate attempt to upset and offend people for the sake of it.

Your right there.The banana was thrown to upset the player, and by the sound of it.It has upset a lot of people on VT as well.Just take a deep breadth and think about it seriously for a minute.Think outside the box ( for a change )

1 - What does throwing a banana mean ( I know what it is supposed to mean ) but,what does it actually mean ?

2 - Out of the 22 players on the pitch,how many of them live in a tree ?

3 -Out of the 22 players on the pitch,how many of them have just come from the jungle ?

4 - If you stop and think about it,there are probably players from that same continent on both teams.

So,what does throwing a banana mean ? It means that the person who threw it is showing his ignorance.

Here is another example of the same sort of thing.Zidane got all upset when an opposition player slagged off his mother.Now,as I said above,think about it for a minute.The opposition player probably would not know Zidanes mother if he fell over her BUT his plan worked,he got Zidane upset.

So, instead of getting all upset and banning TV episodes,gollywogs and certain names.why not look at it for what it is.Ignorant people showing their level of stupidity.

Nothing more,nothing less.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

Your right there.The banana was thrown to upset the player, and by the sound of it.It has upset a lot of people on VT as well.Just take a deep breadth and think about it seriously for a minute.Think outside the box ( for a change )

1 - What does throwing a banana mean ( I know what it is supposed to mean ) but,what does it actually mean ?

2 - Out of the 22 players on the pitch,how many of them live in a tree ?

3 -Out of the 22 players on the pitch,how many of them have just come from the jungle ?

4 - If you stop and think about it,there are probably players from that same continent on both teams.

So,what does throwing a banana mean ? It means that the person who threw it is showing his ignorance.

Here is another example of the same sort of thing.Zidane got all upset when an opposition player slagged off his mother.Now,as I said above,think about it for a minute.The opposition player probably would not know Zidanes mother if he fell over her BUT his plan worked,he got Zidane upset.

So, instead of getting all upset and banning TV episodes,gollywogs and certain names.why not look at it for what it is.Ignorant people showing their level of stupidity.

Nothing more,nothing less.

Seriously buddy, go and have a lie down and maybe retire from this thread

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

From what I have posted above,which part dont you understand ? I find it all quite simple.

I don't understand what your points 2, 3 and 4 have to do with anything.

I don't understand what point you're making.

I don't understand what goes on in your brain

• Like 4

Its to do with throwing a banana.

Apparently ignorant people think that black people are like monkeys so they throw a banana to piss them off.So I was saying how many of the players on the pitch live in trees ( are monkies ) How many of them dont live in trees but have just come from the jungle,and the last point is that there are a lot of African players in the Premier League,so if you throw a banana at a player from Africa,chances are that there are  2/3/5 other players from Africa on the pitch as well.

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Its to do with throwing a banana.

Apparently ignorant people think that black people are like monkeys so they throw a banana to piss them off.So I was saying how many of the players on the pitch live in trees ( are monkies ) How many of them dont live in trees but have just come from the jungle,and the last point is that there are a lot of African players in the Premier League,so if you throw a banana at a player from Africa,chances are that there are  2/3/5 other players from Africa on the pitch as well.

So because black players don't literally live in trees and/or the jungle then we shouldn't be bothered about people throwing bananas at black players?

Seems like a lot of words to end back exactly where we were yesterday. You don't have the right to tell the subjects of racist abuse to shut up and laugh it off.

23 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I like to think I'd have the strength and confidence to laugh it off and take the piss out of the perpetrator as well, but it's a highly-visible deliberately racist gesture, targeted at an individual, "here you go, monkey, have a banana". It's easy to say you'd just laugh it off if you've never been a victim of discrimination, but I don't think we have the right to tell people how thick their skin needs to be.

It'd be a lot simpler for anyone who is the victim of abuse to just ignore it. It's easier said than done though. I'm sure you don't intend it, but the way you speak about these things almost makes it sound like you blame the person who takes offence more than the person who chucked a banana at him.

• Like 2

The point is that you can make a racist remark out of nothing and it will upset some people.For example,what about the "All Blacks" NZ rugby team ? what about the "All Whites" NZ soccer team.Snow White,the Black and White minstrell show,Black beauty, Black and White movies,etc,etc,etc.Lets ban everything and make the world a better place.Like it was 50/60 odd years ago,before all this crap started. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PussEKatt said:

The point is that you can make a racist remark out of nothing and it will upset some people.For example,what about the "All Blacks" NZ rugby team ? what about the "All Whites" NZ soccer team.Snow White,the Black and White minstrell show,Black beauty, Black and White movies,etc,etc,etc.Lets ban everything and make the world a better place.Like it was 50/60 odd years ago,before all this crap started. 

What the **** are you on about? :D 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

None of those examples involve dehumanising black people in the way throwing a banana at a player does.  They aren't at all comparable.  It seems to me that your way of thinking justifies pretty much any kind of racism because the people involved don't literally live in trees when that's the whole point of degrading them in such a way.

I really cant see way everyone is finding it  so hard to understand what I am trying to say.First of all,Im not black and I am not a racist.The thing is that people that throw bananas have a simple mind ( otherwise they would not throw a banana ) So, take training a dog if you reward it for rolling over it will roll over all day,to geta reward. The same with kids.If you buy them a bar of chocolate everytime they get the paper for you,they will want to get the paper for you all day,every day.AND its the same with these people that are racist.If you make a big deal out of them throwing a banana or making racist remarks,they are going to keep doing it.Because that is their moment in the spotlight.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm trying really, really hard to follow the thought process to leap from "don't worry about having bananas thrown at you" to "it's like the All Blacks".

So,if you are going to go overboard over racist remarks,what about All Blacks ? Is that a racist remark ???.... So if the Ghane national team play a game,its ok to say that was a team of Blacks ? 

4 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

So,if you are going to go overboard over racist remarks,what about All Blacks ? Is that a racist remark ???.... So if the Ghane national team play a game,its ok to say that was a team of Blacks ? 

Do you think the intent behind the All Blacks is to make a racist statement? Do you think the throwing of a banana has that intent, or is to top up the target's potassium?

Nobody is advocating to ban referencing black as a colour, or black as a skin colour. By taking away all context and intent, you end up making arguments like yours.

Edited by Davkaus

Well,as I posted yesterday.Here in Perth, a native tree called a "Black boy" has now been officially re-named "Grass tree" and,as I said in the same post you can not buy your little girl a "Gollywog"here in Perth anymore.

Â