Racism Part two

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Kick it out report stats on abuse in the pro game and grass roots game. It’s shocking the number of incidents. I would link to it but it’s fairly difficult. 

millwall fans were booing an anti racism gesture in their thousands not long ago. christ, there were even people on here that indicated that lukaku was partly to blame for the abuse he got recently for 'proviking' the fans

just because people aren't throwing bananas it doesn't mean there isn't still a problem.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

millwall fans were booing an anti racism gesture in their thousands not long ago. christ, there were even people on here that indicated that lukaku was partly to blame for the abuse he got recently for 'proviking' the fans

just because people aren't throwing bananas it doesn't mean there isn't still a problem.

Was just going to say - booing the knee.

Plenty did it, plenty on here applauded those doing it.  Racism is still a problem, even if it's (thankfully) not as open as in Spain/Italy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Ya think???

Racism in football is not bad here, usually just some random word removed, why, because we have zero tolerance on racism in stadiums, Spain don't, as you can see the blame has been put on the player. This would never happen here and really annoys me when people come out with comments like this bull*****

I think its a bit worse than that to bw honest mate. When i go chelsea with a mate the racism ia unbelievable but the guys whose mouth its xoming out are absolutely scummy brutes that people are scared to say anything to.

But i do think we as a nation we have come a hell of a long way. Spain seems to still be in the stone age

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Our bigotry is better than your bigotry is just a terrible point to make imho.

Well not really, cause at least it shows some, i.e us, are trying harder than others to kick it out.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Was just going to say - booing the knee.

Plenty did it, plenty on here applauded those doing it.  Racism is still a problem, even if it's (thankfully) not as open as in Spain/Italy.

Our bigots do tend to prefer plausible deniability, even if they couldn't spell it.

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Our bigots do tend to prefer plausible deniability, even if they couldn't spell it.

I didn't agree with taking the knee, I never booed it, but if I did, it doesn't all of a sudden make me racist, along with 99% of people who did boo.

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I didn't agree with taking the knee, I never booed it, but if I did, it doesn't all of a sudden make me racist, along with 99% of people who did boo.

Of course you'd be booing because taking the knee wasn't about highlighting racially equailtiy it was about supporting BLM in their Marxist attempt to defund the police 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Of course you'd be booing because taking the knee wasn't about highlighting racially equailtiy it was about supporting BLM in their Marxist attempt to defund the police 

Most actually booed cause they didn't want it at football, they just go to watch there team, but yeah, a few saw the booing a racist to suit their narrative.

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Most actually booed cause they didn't want it at football, they just go to watch there team, but yeah, a few saw the booing a racist to suit their narrative.

I would say that most used don't mix politics with football or don't like BLM the organisation to suit their narrative

The booing of it was rooted in what it represented, it was racism

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would say that most used don't mix politics with football or don't like BLM the organisation to suit their narrative

The booing of it was rooted in what it represented, it was racism

Don't agree, It was just a symbolic gesture which most couldn't be arsed with, the booing didn't not highlight people as racists at all,  most just wanted the football to start. Another reason is, it hardly did F*** all in the UK, which is why it stopped, unlike Kick it out etc, which do a bit to keep it out there.

Iv'e said before, if this is what people really think, there's no wonder people make out the country is deep routed in racism.

Anyway, this been done many times before and I just know it'll end up with people trying to force there opinion on me as fact, as usual, an I'm no longer up for the same long drawn out debate.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't agree, It was just a symbolic gesture which most couldn't be arsed with, the booing didn't not highlight people as racists at all

Highlights them as pricks though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Well not really, cause at least it shows some, i.e us, are trying harder than others to kick it out.

How hard are you trying on a personal level?

I kind of see his point, politics and football shouldnt mix. However I think if so much wasnt made of BLM maybe people wouldnt have taken that stance? Who knows? But at same time it shouldnt be accepted so if the players felt taking the knee was helping spread the message of no to racism then im ok with it. I personally had no opinion at it. Didnt upset me or it didnt make me brilliant something ia being done 

Racists will be racists but thankfully its not as bad as it use to be.

'There's no art to find the mind's construction in the face' King Duncan.  But sometimes the words just give it away

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Why? I never get why people think this.

Should Rashford have said and done nothing about kids from poor families starving?
Should this Real Madrid player have just sucked up the racist abuse?
Should there have been no sporting boycott of South Africa? 
Should Russia currently be allowed to compete in any sport?

To be honest this sport and politics shouldn't mix idea was always put about by right wing arseholes and for some reason it seems to have become one of those universal truths that people fall back back on when their favourite sport is affected.

The idea that you can separate sport from everyday life is just nonsensical

Think your getting confused.

I personally want to watch a game of football for 90 minutes and just forget the issues of the world. If i want to watch the depressing state of the world ill just switch the news on.

If rashford who i have openly said is one of my favourite players for what he does continues to do his remarkable work thats great.  But thats not exactly the same example as a BLM movement. Does rashford go on about the issue during games? If he kept going on and on each game weekend it would be utterly depressing. He has a big enough platform where  he can go on a  show to promote what he is doing if he need be.

A better example if lineakar he could always go on a political programme (its not like the bbc dont have enough of them) to express his dissatisfaction of the tory government than going on MOTD to tell us for example. I tune in to watch MOTD i dont want to be reminded of how shit our government is (as we all know they are)

I hope your not implying im a right wing arsehole because that would be stupid and ridiculous.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Think your getting confused.

I personally want to watch a game of football for 90 minutes and just forget the issues of the world. If i want to watch the depressing state of the world ill just switch the news on.

If rashford who i have openly said is one of my favourite players for what he does continues to do his remarkable work thats great.  But thats not exactly the same example as a BLM movement. Does rashford go on about the issue during games? If he kept going on and on each game weekend it would be utterly depressing. He has a big enough platform where  he can go on a  show to promote what he is doing if he need be.

A better example if lineakar he could always go on a political programme (its not like the bbc dont have enough of them) to express his dissatisfaction of the tory government than going on MOTD to tell us for example. I tune in to watch MOTD i dont want to be reminded of how shit our government is (as we all know they are)

I hope your not implying im a right wing arsehole because that would be stupid and ridiculous

During a game, how is BLM brought to your attention? How does it impact your enjoyment between kick off and full time? We have been over this time and time and time again. The Marxism was an excuse. Racists didn’t like their racism being highlighted. The couple of minutes before kick off impacted no one, it just highlighted a cause. 

• Like 4

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Think your getting confused

I’m definitely not confused at all

Why isn’t what Rashford did the same as BLM? When did BLM ever disrupt a football game?

Gary Lineker doesn’t bring politics into his football punditry, why shouldn’t he have an opinion outside of his job? He’s not a political or current events journalist, he doesn’t need to appear unbiased politically for his work.

None of this things have ever stopped you watching a football game either, I'm not sure why you imagine they have.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â