Racism Part two

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's strange because they already found the policeman in the ranks when the entire membership list was leaked, thats why there won't be others

I'd say it was strange not to read what had already been posted in the thread

Right, well everyone doesn't always read entire Twitter threads, Bicks! Help me out, here.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

:bang:

Let me spell it out for you.

Its a very small organisation. They found a Policeman was a member and jailed him. They found him because the entire membership list was leaked by someone who turned. If there were others at that time, they would have suffered the same consequences. Alongside that, since the organisation became proscribed they will be being heavily watched by the anti-terrorism police. I wouldn't be shocked to find out that the Police had undercover officers inside the organisation or very close, not only that but groups such as Hope Not Hate also have very active informants embedded among the fellow travellers of this and similar groups. In fact there's an ex-member who turned that provided evidence to the Police via Hope Not Hate in one of the prosecutions already secured against the members of this group.

I think it very unlikely that in such a small organisation that there will be current serving police officers. If there are officers involved in this fascist terrorist stuff, they will more likely be involved in Patriotic Alternative, a non-proscribed fascist organisation to which most of the members ran to when National Action was proscribed by the Government. Patriotic Alternative is currently the largest and most active fascist group in the country and includes some known former National Action members, PAs leader Mark Collet is thought to have once tried to take over National Action, Sam Melia a regional organiser for PA, is known to have had contact with NA after the proscribing, Jake Bewit was also in NA as was Kris Kearns from Liverpool and he was their fitness instructor, he's currently facing up to 15 years in jail for being in NA after being extradicted from Spain. If any serving police officers are active in this, it will be in Patriotic Alternative not National Action

• 2 weeks later...

Azeem Rafiq being ripped to shreads by Vaughan's solicitors, let's hope he gets found out. An before you all jump on me, there is no doubt there was 'some' racism in Yorkshire cricket, but its been a proper case of guilty before proven innocent, handled completely wrong.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Soooo, how is one actually racist? - Is it true that BAME people are worse off all round? Or is that fantasy? If you are Bame right now then you'll find the state are not on your side. Which is shit. 

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

Soooo, how is one actually racist? - Is it true that BAME people are worse off all round? Or is that fantasy? If you are Bame right now then you'll find the state are not on your side. Which is shit. 

Looks like you may have answered your own questions?

Congratz England! It appears you will get a visit from that Danish moron Rasmus Paludan who's been traveling around in Sweden setting fire to the Quran and causing riots in the name of free speech.

Would be a real shame if he didn't make it back again so maybe you could find a reason to lock him up or something.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Congratz England! It appears you will get a visit from that Danish moron Rasmus Paludan who's been traveling around in Sweden setting fire to the Quran and causing riots in the name of free speech.

Would be a real shame if he didn't make it back again so maybe you could find a reason to lock him up or something.

FFS, what a dickhead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I like that you can read that he’s either doing everything above board by keeping the police informed, or, more likely that West Yorkshire Police are going to assist in the burning of a Quran. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I like that you can read that he’s either doing everything above board by keeping the police informed, or, more likely that West Yorkshire Police are going to assist in the burning of a Quran. 

Do that in Bradford and a war will break out. 

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

Quick point, if you are non white, is your experience of racism actually equivalent to someone who is a white minority  - i.e. a traveller

That's not really how it works is it. It's not a quantifiable thing designed for comparison.

we could agree upon a definition of "race" in order to compare results on a like for like basis, add in a definition of the 'ism', apply that to the various group identities in the example and then there would still be no bloody point in any of it because that's not how it works is it?

• Like 2

Just now, VILLAMARV said:

That's not really how it works is it. It's not a quantifiable thing designed for comparison.

we could agree upon a definition of "race" in order to compare results on a like for like basis, add in a definition of the 'ism', apply that to the various group identities in the example and then there would still be no bloody point in any of it because that's not how it works is it?

It's defined in law as a protected characteristic. Estate agents can't prevent a lease to someone based on their ethnicity - for example. So there is a point in it. We don't do apartheid here, other countries may disagree. I agree it is difficult to compare race issues and discrimination, but it is not impossible - statistically you are more likely to be in poverty if you are black, over half of black kids are growing up in poverty, more likely to be stopped by the police, more likely to suffer complications in child birth - if you are black. The last one might be shocking but it's a stat - and there is no explanation for it, other than said people are not being treated the same most probably due to subconscious bias - but it's happening. These are not acceptable outcomes for white people. 

On 19/03/2023 at 14:55, sne said:

It appears we banned him from entering the country

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It appears we banned him from entering the country

Good for you. Guy is a racist agitator who want's to create chaos and diversion.  

Just now, sne said:

Good for you. Guy is a racist agitator who want's to create chaos and diversion.  

We have enough of those of our own, not adding to the dung heap is a good thing

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's defined in law as a protected characteristic. Estate agents can't prevent a lease to someone based on their ethnicity - for example. So there is a point in it. We don't do apartheid here, other countries may disagree. I agree it is difficult to compare race issues and discrimination, but it is not impossible - statistically you are more likely to be in poverty if you are black, over half of black kids are growing up in poverty, more likely to be stopped by the police, more likely to suffer complications in child birth - if you are black. The last one might be shocking but it's a stat - and there is no explanation for it, other than said people are not being treated the same most probably due to subconscious bias - but it's happening. These are not acceptable outcomes for white people. 

I didn't suggest various organisations and government bodies don't collect statistics on issues like racism.

Your question is flawed.

It's like asking if lung cancer is equivalent to brain cancer. What does that even mean?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â