Racism Part two

Demitri_C

I've been called a racist on FB twice in the last week. 

Once because I said I can't stand hip hop. 

And once because I suggested to an African guy that he should support a local team rather than Manchester United. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

In all fairness I think your actual quote was I don’t like darkie music like hip hop. 

Seriously, it does piss me off that my dislike of contemporary black pop music is assumed to be racist. I'll happily confess that it's an age thing - there's plenty of contemporary 'white' music I dislike too!  :)

And I did point out that my record collection is stuffed with black music from earlier eras - jazz, soul, blues, etc. But apparently that was just the same as saying 'some of my friends are black'. Ho hum. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Seriously, it does piss me off that my dislike of contemporary black pop music is assumed to be racist. I'll happily confess that it's an age thing - there's plenty of contemporary 'white' music I dislike too!  :)

And I did point out that my record collection is stuffed with black music from earlier eras - jazz, soul, blues, etc. But apparently that was just the same as saying 'some of my friends are black'. Ho hum. 

You are lucky that cultural appropriation wasn't brought into play :D 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I have had it to Mike for a similar dislike of reggae. I don’t see the correlation in all honesty of not being into a genre and it being racist. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I have had it to Mike for a similar dislike of reggae. I don’t see the correlation in all honesty of not being into a genre and it being racist. 

You should both pretend to like hip-hop and reggae so that you don’t appear racist, makes much more sense.

Being racist for not liking hip hop or reggae , is something else to add to my "stop the world I want to get off"  list 

whatever next , being called racist because you don't like Jamaican jerk sauce 

• Like 1

I think some people with a particularly black and white (uh-oh) view of the world assume that because racists don't like all black culture, anyone that doesn't like any subset of black culture is a racist, in the same way that all mammals are cats.

People are thick, that's the root cause of so many of our problems.

• Like 4

It is interesting that music is still so divided among demographics while other media isn't. You don't see similar divisions for films, TV, books, but for music it very much is a thing. I posted earlier in the year about how shocked I was at Download to realise I maybe saw a dozen attendees that weren't white. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

whatever next , being called racist because you don't like Jamaican jerk sauce 

Well, I famously don't like curry, so I'm damned every which way. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Anthony said:

New census data is out. I wonder how the daily mail is reporting it on their front page? Do I have to add a link? Here.

lKfohHM.png

i dare not venture into the comments section. i'm sure it's enraged a number of readers, who i have no doubt are all regular church goers

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

They know exactly what semantic trick they're pulling with the phrasing of "fewer people describe themselves as white"

Bit like the story I saw on Facebook the other day. MOst popular baby name in 2022 was Mohammed.

"ThAt MeAnS tHeRe'S mOrE mUzLiMz BeInG bOrN tHaN wHiTeS!!1!"

No it doesn't you thick shit

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â