Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

If we were to go to a three with Maatsen and Cash as wingbacks, then presuming it's Watkins or Duran up front on their own, it'd be quite a squeeze to get Kamara, Tielemans, Onana, McGinn, Rogers, Ramsey, Barkley, Buendia, Bailey and Philogene into the four other spots - if we went two up top, it'd be a helluva a scrum!

2 hours ago, Enda said:

1874 have a podcast about that very question this week. Consensus is Mings is likely behind Pau in pecking order at this stage.

Surely this is without a doubt

• Like 1

Not surprised he's behind Pau, the question is more the defence as a unit 

Are we better with cash - Konsa - Pau - digne or better with Konsa - Mings - Pau - digne ?

When its Diego in that question then it's relatively simple as it's cash at RB Konsa at CB, with ty I'm not sure 

And that's not a question we'll have until late in the year anyway, I don't think we see him start until the fa cup 

52 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If we were to go to a three with Maatsen and Cash as wingbacks, then presuming it's Watkins or Duran up front on their own, it'd be quite a squeeze to get Kamara, Tielemans, Onana, McGinn, Rogers, Ramsey, Barkley, Buendia, Bailey and Philogene into the four other spots - if we went two up top, it'd be a helluva a scrum!

As is often the case, we both rotate within game and dependent on opposition, and generally only ever have about 7 of those players available anyway. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i will bet you 5 of my english pounds that we dont go to a back 3.

I bet you 5 of my zwaziland pound coins that it's crossed his mind, midfield 3 of Onana, Kamara & Tielemans. Watkins Duran up top could even play Rogers instead of one of those .... cash & Maatsen as wingbacks.... must admit its a very good 3.5.2. He may never use it 💁‍♂️ but its a very good option.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agreed .... but no more than a scrum for places when we play 4.4.2 when everyone is fit, if you play 2 wingers there's only space for 2 centre midfielders, where in a 3.5.2 there's space for 3 ... admittedly your ditching your wingers as your using wingbacks 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frodo said:

I have a hunch Emery's plan all along at the back was to play 3 ... Mings centrally, Torres to left & Konsa to the right & also Cash or Ned right wingback & Maatsen left wing back, maybe Digne could play that roll. Mings was so good the year we made Confrence league, I think Emery wouldn't of been able to drop him & he didn't as he started the following season with Mings. Thing is Torres is that good you can't leave him out either so will he tweak it & go 3 at the back & also enables you to play Watkins & Duran up top ... so it be a 3.5.2 formation. Or i might just be board of international week & got nothing better to think about 🤦‍♂️

Why would we play bacj 3 when we could just play Konsa RB, Mings RCB, Torres LCB. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not surprised he's behind Pau, the question is more the defence as a unit 

Are we better with cash - Konsa - Pau - digne or better with Konsa - Mings - Pau - digne ?

I tried to draw a lineup and just realized we have a lot of switching options; there is no guaranteed first XI because I see a lot of flexibility through the spine from CBs through CAMs.

But if your question is better defense, it's the latter imo: it has height, it has commitment to aerial play, and can play itself out of trouble pretty well. By March, you might have Maatsen over there for Digne though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â