Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

On 23/08/2024 at 22:54, 479Villan said:

I would slap a nun to be at his first game back. 

I mean, slap her to the ground. Leave no doubt. 

Leave no doubt. Hahahahahaha

• Thanks 1

Happy for him to be back. Not sure if he’ll be back to his best, but hopefully he does. We need every player. He adds a lot to the team in and out the field. 
He’s one of the player you’d hope to continue with the club even after retiring. Him and McGinn have been captains and promoted with the club, faced a lot of experiences then scaled with the progression of the club while not being left behind. I’m not sure (especially in Mings case) if he’ll be shipped out, but if he does then there is always a home after retirement.

5 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

a bit over 4 weeks until the 2nd champs league match. maybe he can make the bench for that one. Would be awesome if that was a home match too.

If he is back training with the team, you'd think he might make the bench quicker?

16 hours ago, imavillan said:

He's reporting that Ty could play some part in tomorrow nights game. 

The details are on his patreon paywall site but Birmingham Live have picked up on it.

Fantastic news if true but personally i can't see it myself just yet.

Tyrone Mings could reportedly make his long-awaited return to action tomorrow night when Aston Villa’s under-21 side take on Fleetwood Town in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy.

Is Mings even allowed to play in an U21’s trophy?

6 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is Mings even allowed to play in an U21’s trophy?

Villa are allowed to use two over-aged players. 

7 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Oh wow that could mean we are within 3-4 weeks of people on here insisting Mings will be leaving in January because Unai hasn’t brought him off the bench yet! ;)

Or he has stepped onto the pitch and lost a yard of pace, looks tentative, not as commanding as was etc etc either way he is no longer good enough for where we are / going/ wanna be.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I'd be amazed if he played any part in the under 21s game tonight. He only started training with the squad 4 days ago. I'd imagine any kind of game time is still 2-3 weeks away. 

Same. Returning to team training isn't usually followed by a competitive (albeit lower intensity) game less than a week later.  And that's for any injury lay off. When it's been over a year, then i'd be amazed if he gets a runout so soon.

Amazed, but pleasantly surprised. Although I'd be worried that we're doing a classic villa and bringing him back too soon. The worrier in me wants to wrap him in cotton wool and I'll wince at every tackle he makes when he does play. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 23:54, 479Villan said:

I would slap a nun to be at his first game back. 

I mean, slap her to the ground. Leave no doubt. 

i-beg-your-pardon-what-did-you-say.gif

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

i-beg-your-pardon-what-did-you-say.gif

She thinks that's sinful, wait until she sees the kind of pop-up ads I'm willing to be inundated with in order to try and watch tonight's U21 match via internet streams.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Oh wow that could mean we are within 3-4 weeks of people on here insisting Mings will be leaving in January because Unai hasn’t brought him off the bench yet! ;)

Can we at least have a prolonged discussion on fit enough to be on the bench but not fit enough to start first?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â