Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I agree with you. Jacob Tanswell has given us no new information. "The sense is" tells you that a reporter has no hard facts for his article or tweet so he is going by his feelings rather than actual knowledge. He has to post something regularly because it's his job.

Athletic confirm stories. "The sense is" based on the fact that no one can really know - including the physios/coaches and even Ty himself which is the nature of injuries such as this. But there will be "educated" guesses based on progress etc which is likely where the article comes from.

Everyone will just have to wait and see.

He's such an intelligent, eloquently spoken young man. I really hope he can return fully and achieve the joys that he had to sit out and watch last season this coming season.

I'm kind of stating the obvious here but the key really is to be able to ease Ty back into things so that he can build up his match fitness, sharpness, confidence, etc.  The advantage is that although there's a few new faces the core around him will be pretty similar and he's familiar with the way we want to play.  So we're much better able to throw him on for 15 - 20 - 25 minutes and it not be disruptive to the rest of the team or difficult for him to adjust (because he doesn't need to).  I hope we can also ease him in when we're a few goals ahead in a match - because it is going to be emotional for everyone when he crosses the white line for the first time back.  It will be hard for anyone to keep their concentration / not be distracted so it wouldn't entirely surprise me if we conceded soon after. 🙂 

The views of the medical and coaching team are critical here in determining whether we need 1 or 2 CB recruits to cover for the risk of Pau or Konsa sustaining a mid-term injury before Mings is back.

3 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Konsa can cover LCB as he proved at the Euros. Geertruida will be RCB/RB/DM

With Dendoncker on the bench?

We need four fit senior CB's - at the moment we have three including Diego - and if Mings isn't up to full speed until nearer to Christmas, I think buying one and loaning another would probably be a good idea.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I love big Ty, but with his age and 1,5 seasons lost, it would be a miracle if he'll ever be anything like he was before. So sad. 

I fear you might be right but big Ty is a fighter and he’s probably still our 3rd best CB as things stand.

• Like 1

Just now, Strog said:

I fear you might be right but big Ty is a fighter and he’s probably still our 3rd best CB as things stand.

Reckon Ty is prime To replicate Ronaldo levels of fitness and stil be as good as he was. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Reckon Ty is prime To replicate Ronaldo levels of fitness and stil be as good as he was. 

Here’s hoping 

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I love big Ty, but with his age and 1,5 seasons lost, it would be a miracle if he'll ever be anything like he was before. So sad. 

You can look at another way his body hasn’t been put through the rigours given his age and amount of games played  - he’s played 252 games at 31 yo to Konsa’s 321 at 26 and modern medical science means he’s got plenty of time left in his career and I don’t understand why people doubt he’ll be able to get back to how he was before. I’d get it if he was 35 but he’s 31 and yes he’s missed 164 games due to injury since 2015/16 but after each one he’s come back stronger. He’s also intelligent enough to adapt his game accordingly and they’ll tailor his training programme if required. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

You can look at another way his body hasn’t been put through the rigours given his age and amount of games played  - he’s played 252 games at 31 yo to Konsa’s 321 at 26 and modern medical science means he’s got plenty of time left in his career and I don’t understand why people doubt he’ll be able to get back to how he was before. I’d get it if he was 35 but he’s 31 and yes he’s missed 164 games due to injury since 2015/16 but after each one he’s come back stronger. He’s also intelligent enough to adapt his game accordingly and they’ll tailor his training programme if required. 

To be honest, in the media video, he looks very fit and lean (changed his body shape a little). Don't see any issues with him being back on the grass in September.

12 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

To be honest, in the media video, he looks very fit and lean (changed his body shape a little). Don't see any issues with him being back on the grass in September.

He looked great and really happy too ☺️

• Like 1

I'm really confused why so many people on here seem convinced he won't come back as good as he was before. He's not that old, in fantastic condition and plays in a position that is not super dependent on pace. There is nowhere near as much worry surrounding Buendia or Kamara and it can't just be that he's a few years older surely? I'm looking forward to him being an important part of the squad again this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

I'm really confused why so many people on here seem convinced he won't come back as good as he was before. He's not that old, in fantastic condition and plays in a position that is not super dependent on pace. There is nowhere near as much worry surrounding Buendia or Kamara and it can't just be that he's a few years older surely? I'm looking forward to him being an important part of the squad again this year.

What is there to be confused about, he’s the wrong side of 30 and will be coming back from somewhere around 18 months out, as injuries and recovery time go this is about as severe it can be. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2024 at 20:50, Tommo_b said:

Should never have been stripped of the captaincy. 

I agree, but SJM has stepped up to the plate way better I would have expected. And with Ty's injury it would have had to happen anyway. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â