Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

It's a good thing Villa Park doesn't have a roof, because when he takes the pitch for the first time, the cheers from the fans would blow it right off.

I may yell myself hoarse from 4,000 miles away.

Surprised so few comments but was great to see him in the build up to the game on Wednesday, although in true VillaTV fashion they appeared to begin the broadcast after the interview with Mings had begun (we really need to do the whole media thing better).

He was his usual eloquent and collected self, seemed to be very positive about getting back so fingers firmly crossed for that. 

Had he been available last season I think we’d have conceded much less from set pieces in particular, but then we’d have probably not seen as much of Pau and he was highly influential in the amount we scored, particularly in the first half of the season, so it’s a bit of a conundrum really and will be interesting to see what we do if, he comes back to the same kind of level as pre-injury. I guess with Konsa becoming a bit more adaptable he can play RB but whilst he’s competent in that role he’s clearly better suited to CB.

• Like 1

Real shame this. Get the impression he won't get the chance to have much of an impact this season by the time he's back and then actually up to speed.

3 hours ago, Indigo said:

Real shame this. Get the impression he won't get the chance to have much of an impact this season by the time he's back and then actually up to speed.

This season? He’s suggesting Nov/Dec at this rate. Still plenty of time to have an impact.

• Like 1

Fully expect Mings to have an impact at some point this season.

I love the guy and yes we'd have conceded less if he was around last season to organise the defence and head some of those crosses away.

Whether it is October, November or December it does not matter so long as he's fit and healthy; his leadership will greatly help the team upon his return.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

This is the point I and others have been making. We're short a LCB as Pau gets injured again like last season we're in deep trouble.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

This season? He’s suggesting Nov/Dec at this rate. Still plenty of time to have an impact.

That'll have been 15/16 months out, it's not like players miss that amount of football and are then are immediately back up to speed when they return. All going well he'll still likely need a good chunk of time on top of that to actually build up his sharpness and match fitness.

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

That'll have been 15/16 months out, it's not like players miss that amount of football and are then are immediately back up to speed when they return. All going well he'll still likely need a good chunk of time on top of that to actually build up his sharpness and match fitness.

Probably 4-6 weeks after returning to full training  to get back to match fitness. So even in the pessimistic view there'd still be half a season of games left, including the business end of any tournaments. 

Met him before the game last week with my son. 

Fantastic man and role model for this club. Going to be a little emotional when he gets back on the pitch for him and possibly me. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Probably 4-6 weeks after returning to full training  to get back to match fitness. So even in the pessimistic view there'd still be half a season of games left, including the business end of any tournaments. 

Ease him in with League Cup games easier Champions League opponents.

I'm oddly nervous about him coming back because if he were to break down again on the pitch I don't think I could handle that emotionally !

Need him to be absolutely in the clear medically before even thinking of stepping onto the pitch (which of course he will be - i know)

10 hours ago, 479Villan said:

"the sense is" does a lot of work with precious little detail.

I agree with you. Jacob Tanswell has given us no new information. "The sense is" tells you that a reporter has no hard facts for his article or tweet so he is going by his feelings rather than actual knowledge. He has to post something regularly because it's his job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â