Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

He's not even out running on the grass is he? Not surprising he's not gone on the tour if he can't kick a ball.

Looks like it will still take a while for him, probably needs the season just to get back up to speed and he will be rotational with the options we've got.

He’ll go out on loan, probs to championship. Or… Wrexham! That would be awesome. Can’t wait to see Tyrone and Ryan Reynolds embracing on the next series… 

Edited by Tayls

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Didn't he say that it wasn't just the ACL but there was also meniscus damage or maybe even damage to the Medial collateral ligament  (my memory is vague on this.)

Not sure about this one but when he injured his knee at Bournemouth he tore both his MCL and ACL. 

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Nah he will. Just needs more time to fully return to fitness.

If he misses all pre season be lucky to see him this year

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I don't think he'll ever make a return to the first team. 

I've felt that from a short time after the injury. A whole season and he still can't kick a ball. That doesn't sound good. Then you factor in the competition for a place in the team, it looks bleak from his point of view.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tayls said:

He’ll go out on loan, probs to championship. Or… Wrexham! That would be awesome. Can’t wait to see Tyrone and Ryan Reynolds embracing on the next series… 

Ridiculous 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Other leg. Fwiw, he was out for 15 months when that injury occurred. 

But this is a team competing at the very top of European football. He had to go on loan to the Championship from Bournemouth, so it's feasible that he doesn't play again for us. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

But this is a team competing at the very top of European football. He had to go on loan to the Championship from Bournemouth, so it's feasible that he doesn't play again for us. 

He was also a very different player at Bournemouth. That was 2015.  

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he misses all pre season be lucky to see him this year

Yeah, that seems realistic unfortunately. If we pull the trigger on signing Hermoso I think that will signal the end for Tyrone as a first team player.

If it develops that way then hopefully the club will find a way to keep him around, there’s fewer more articulate and decent people in the English game. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I don't think he'll ever make a return to the first team. 

He has the character and will to return for sure and pray he does.

• Like 1

Trying to be positive, I think he will be back playing again, it might be a while yet though.

I have always thought he might go back to Ipswich, maybe next season when they are probably playing back in the championship.

If Tyrone never plays for us again I will be disappointed and sad that we never got to see him play again at VP

There has to be a role for him at the Villa when his career eventually ends. He is a very intelligent and articulate person and could be a great ambassador for our club.

Come on Tyrone! we want you back playing at VP!!!!

• Like 1

You're all forgetting that God was basically a cripple and had to have pain injections before games.  Then again an ACL injury is probably far worse than a knee injury (feel free to correct me if you're in the medical profession).

Edited by NorthernGordon
Extra sentence.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â