Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he wanted to leave because he is no longer captain then what would that say about his character? 

Thankfully I think he is bigger than that.

Would say to me that another club appreciate him more.

If we were winning trophies and fighting for Europe yeah fair enough - but we are most likely going to mid table.

Gerrard has brought in 2 CBS now.

If I was TM - I'd say "fine Stevie - you don't rate me - I will find a manager who does" 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Does make me think that maybe Mings isn’t a guaranteed starter from now on, maybe Gerrard is thinking he may favour a combo that doesn’t include Mings to start.  

Probably not the case but still arguably a big move by Gerrard switching the captaincy for very little benefit, so does raise questions why beyond the snippets he gave in the media report.

There should be no guaranteed starters, that's the point of having a squad.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he wanted to leave because he is no longer captain then what would that say about his character? 

Thankfully I think he is bigger than that.

Probably told SG to pick another captain as he's off elsewhere as Safegate has told him to move on so he can pick him again

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Would say to me that another club appreciate him more.

If we were winning trophies and fighting for Europe yeah fair enough - but we are most likely going to mid table.

Gerrard has brought in 2 CBS now.

If I was TM - I'd say "fine Stevie - you don't rate me - I will find a manager who does" 

If this is true he’s probably been told he can leave if he wishes too.

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If this is true he’s probably been told he can leave if he wishes too.

It's only my opinion.

If Ming's stays and retains his place and performances from him improve* - then Kudos to Stevie G.

* Not that I thought his performances were poor last season. 

5 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Yes great in theory but we know Gerrard has a fair few guaranteed starters, in fact most managers do.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

But why do it in full glare of the national media and have it rumbling on all over summer ?

Isn’t everything done publicly now. Ten Hag keeping Maguire United captain was all over the media. Mings being kept on as captain for would have been the same 

6 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Agreed. But also the point of the squad is to select your best 11. 

Remains to be seen if TM is seem (in Stevie s) opinion as one of the best 11 players at the club. My feeling is he doesn't.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yes great in theory but we know Gerrard has a fair few guaranteed starters, in fact most managers do.

Nothing wrong with having a couple of guaranteed starters IMO. Few clubs have squads of 25 equally good players, even if that might be ideal.

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Isn’t everything done publicly now. Ten Hag keeping Maguire United captain was all over the media. Mings being kept on as captain for would have been the same 

I disagree the NEW utd manager has kept faith with the existing captain.

An existing villa manager sticking with the existing captain - wouldnt  be news much  beyond this forum.

Edited by hippo

1 minute ago, Paulie said:

Interesting quite a few on here lean towards a Carlos / Chambers partnership… can’t have your captain on the bench.

You can say that again 😂

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Agreed. But also the point of the squad is to select your best 11. 

Remains to be seen if TM is seem (in Stevie s) opinion as one of the best 11 players at the club. My feeling is he doesn't.

And probably not in my personal best 11 either, it would probably be Carlos and one of him and Chambers.

But he's done nothing wrong (as far as we know) and i see no reason to strip him of the captaincy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Nothing wrong with having a couple of guaranteed starters IMO. Few clubs have squads of 25 equally good players, even if that might be ideal.

I don’t disagree

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless this other club were going to make him Captain, this makes no sense. Lol

Not really - it's a very public vote of no confidence in TM. 

He's brought in 2cbs now. 

I think the writing is on the wall for TM now. Be surprised if he starts v Bournemouth.

All IMO of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Interesting quite a few on here lean towards a Carlos / Chambers partnership… can’t have your captain on the bench.

Says who? Leaders will lead, on and off the pitch. Henderson isn't a guaranteed starter for Liverpool and that doesn't stop him from being captain.

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I disagree the NEW utd manager has kept faith with the existing captain.

An existing villa manager sticking with the existing captain - wouldnt  be news much  beyond this forum.

Will Maguire still be captain next season? Who knows 

1 minute ago, WooJung said:

Says who? Leaders will lead, on and off the pitch. Henderson isn't a guaranteed starter for Liverpool and that doesn't stop him from being captain.

And we must copy Liverpool at all costs 

Â