Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Regardless of if he every does make a full comeback for us or not, what do people think he will do when he does retire from playing? do you think he will remain in football in some capacity?

I can't see him as a manager and while he is obviously intelligent enough to do the punditry work, I think that would be beneath him and as he hasn't played for Man Utd or Liverpool he probably wouldn't get a sniff at that anyway.

I think it would be a shame if he just retired and we never saw him again but I don't know what would be out there for him to remain visible.

19 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Regardless of if he every does make a full comeback for us or not, what do people think he will do when he does retire from playing? do you think he will remain in football in some capacity?

I can't see him as a manager and while he is obviously intelligent enough to do the punditry work, I think that would be beneath him and as he hasn't played for Man Utd or Liverpool he probably wouldn't get a sniff at that anyway.

I think it would be a shame if he just retired and we never saw him again but I don't know what would be out there for him to remain visible.

He's got the Tyrone Mings Academy, I'd guess he'll focus on that?

• Like 1

I can't see him recovering fully. Top bloke and top player on his day but the injury, his age height and weight all go against him.

If the worst case scenario happens, I can see him being part of our youth development, a role model for the young players and also an ambassador for the club. 

• Sad 1

All the rumours are that it’s a devastating injury. Let’s hope Ty can achieve fitness and some game time this season.

I very much doubt he’ll still be at the club in 12 months if he’s fit enough to play at lower premier league/championship level.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Not mentioned in the US squad for the upcoming games. 

IMG_2059.jpeg

I assumed if he wasn’t on the plane over he wouldn’t appear in the states. He’s probably a couple months away from being ready to see game time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id be suprised if Tyrone plays before xmas tbh

Well the times he's been mentioned by The Athletic people they're talking about September. Now is that back in full training or back playing I don't know. I'd say hopefully the latter. But he's not back training with the squad yet so unless he does it in a few weeks when they're back I see him out until October at least.

People need to expect Kamara to be out until new year in terms of back playing in PL or CL games. I don't know who will be in the CL squad from those two. I'd say highly unlikely for Kamara.

We are really short at CB. Konsa playing a lot at RB means we've two fit CBs this is a big worry. Get Lenglet back or something until January, he did a job when needed 

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I assumed if he wasn’t on the plane over he wouldn’t appear in the states. He’s probably a couple months away from being ready to see game time.

You can tell by the videos of him training that he is still 2-3 months away. Will most likely be October or November.

Hes not going to be rushed back, the club wil make sure he is 100%.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brummybloke said:

I can't see him recovering fully. Top bloke and top player on his day but the injury, his age height and weight all go against him.

If the worst case scenario happens, I can see him being part of our youth development, a role model for the young players and also an ambassador for the club. 

The biggest thing we could do for him at the end of the season is to let him go on a reduced fee or even a free (depending on what level he comes back at). He deserves to play as long as he can and we need to recognize the huge role he’s played in our recent history by helping him accordingly.

Obviously we would all want him back in the squad playing at this level but if that does not happen we really need to support the next phase of his career. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Well the times he's been mentioned by The Athletic people they're talking about September. Now is that back in full training or back playing I don't know. I'd say hopefully the latter. But he's not back training with the squad yet so unless he does it in a few weeks when they're back I see him out until October at least.

People need to expect Kamara to be out until new year in terms of back playing in PL or CL games. I don't know who will be in the CL squad from those two. I'd say highly unlikely for Kamara.

We are really short at CB. Konsa playing a lot at RB means we've two fit CBs this is a big worry. Get Lenglet back or something until January, he did a job when needed 

Yeah i agree we are abit short at cb. I dint expect konsa to play at rb anymore with kosta and cash here fighting for that position. 

Maybe someone like feeney or bogarde might get promoted to cover in the mean time?

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i agree we are abit short at cb. I dint expect konsa to play at rb anymore with kosta and cash here fighting for that position. 

Maybe someone like feeney or bogarde might get promoted to cover in the mean time?

Sil Swinkels, also. Although I suspect he's a candidate for a loan this season.

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Anybody but Lenglet 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â