Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

I don't think he'll ever be fully back.  As in he might have healed to be able to play again, but i think he'll be used as 4th choice or when we need a change for 10-15 mins at the end of a match.

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I don't think he'll ever be fully back.  As in he might have healed to be able to play again, but i think he'll be used as 4th choice or when we need a change for 10-15 mins at the end of a match.

Unfortunately I'm starting to feel that way too. If he's not even kicking a ball or fit enough to go on the pre-season tour then I guess he must be at least another 3 months from being ready to play football, and then a while longer until he's anywhere like match fit and sharp after so long out. And in that time the club have got to plan to aim to be top 4 again, and cope with the Champions League. I think we'll bring in another central defender this month, somebdoy like Hermoso perhaps.

• Like 1

It's really quite sad. Ty is my favourite player since God. But, Villa have evolved dramatically since the first game of last season.

We're buying players from a different tier now. Torres is incredible and incredibly important to how Emery wants us to operate. Ezri has developed hugely and become a leader in this time, (ironically forced to in Ty's absence). We've added height across the pitch with our signings, nullifying slightly the importance of Ty.

I'm forever optimistic, I hope his recovery is perfect and he can be part of this exciting new chapter with us.

• Like 1

Come on Ty, we’re all waiting for you and supporting you… can’t wait to have him back and see the reception he will get.

Just needs time… has worked his ass off (which is the norm for him).

What a guy 💪

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Apparently, he’s already out in the US as part of his rehab so… maybe he meets up with the rest of the squad later?

Really hope so.

where did  you see that? he wasn't on the plane with the rest of them

but great news if so

Just now, tomav84 said:

but great news if so

I didn’t see it, read it somewhere (probably from someone on here aswell). Plus, a lot of the footage from his rehab and recently has been recorded and posted from the US.

He wasn’t on the plane afaik, he’s already in America.

What I mean is that he could travel from where he has been doing his rehab to meet up with the other players and… maybe, just maybe, be involved during the friendlies. At least around the players or even on the bench. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I didn’t see it, read it somewhere (probably from someone on here aswell). Plus, a lot of the footage from his rehab and recently has been recorded and posted from the US.

What I mean is that he could travel from where he has been doing his rehab to meet up with the other players and… maybe, just maybe, be involved during the friendlies. At least around the players or even on the bench. 

I assume it’s with the same PT guy he was using in Pennsylvania?

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

but great news if so

This was back in March, I’ll see if I can find anything else. Can’t wait to have him back.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

I assume it’s with the same PT guy he was using in Pennsylvania?

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about. I’ve posted a few things on here not too long ago. Someone took a photo with him and tried to give assurance that he will be returning and involved during preseason.

Ty is just a warrior anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about. I’ve posted a few things on here not too long ago. Someone took a photo with him and tried to give assurance that he will be returning and involved during preseason.

Ty is just a warrior anyway.

I mentioned this before but his ACL/MCL during Bournemouth was 15 months total. I know people see Buendia and think “well they happened at the same time so he should be back soon.” Patience will be needed with Mings return but he’ll be back and just as strong as ever.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I mentioned this before but his ACL/MCL during Bournemouth was 15 months total. I know people see Buendia and think “well they happened at the same time so he should be back soon.” Patience will be needed with Mings return but he’ll be back and just as strong as ever.

Yeah it was a more severe injury… ah, I can still remember how much pain he was in when it happened 😖

What a horrible day that was…

It’s gonna be amazing to see him again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah it was a more severe injury… ah, I can still remember how much pain he was in when it happened 😖

What a horrible day that was…

It’s gonna be amazing to see him again.

Yeah I’ve always been a blank kit kinda guy but Mings is the first and only time I’ve ever put a name/number on one. His name next to the UCL sleeve logo = chefs kiss. I’m sure someone will be coincidentally cutting onions when I’m watching the game he returns for us in.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah I’ve always been a blank kit kinda guy but Mings is the first and only time I’ve ever put a name/number on one. His name next to the UCL sleeve logo = chefs kiss. I’m sure someone will be coincidentally cutting onions when I’m watching the game he returns for us in.

Just imagine the reception he will get at VP 😮 🤯

Got to show him the love. He’s given everything for this club. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

nah he's been back in brum doing gym work for a while now

presumably he's stayed behind to do his rehab at bodymoor

slightly concerning that he's so far from a return that he didn't even make the trip with the rest

Just now, tomav84 said:

nah he's been back in brum doing gym work for a while now

presumably he's stayed behind to do his rehab at bodymoor

slightly concerning that he's so far from a return that he didn't even make the trip with the rest

Assuming he’s back n forth. Yeah I’ve seen the coverage of him back at BH and he was looking good.

I don’t know for sure anyway, we’ll just have to see. Suppose he could meet up, any time, from anywhere really 😂

• Like 1

He might be 31 but he's played the amount of professional games as a 25 year old. Konsa has played more games than him. Tielemans over 100 games more. He's had less wear and tear. He can do this!

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â