Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

If we were to sign Hermoso, were does that leave Mings?  Both Hermoso and Pau left sided CBs and likely in front of him, due to his injury and age.

This could possibly be his last season with us, could see him moving on next summer as he'd only have 12 months left next summer.

Edited by duke313

19 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If we were to sign Hermoso, were does that leave Mings?  Both Hermoso and Pau left sided CBs and likely in front of him, due to his injury and age.

This could possibly be his last season with us, could see him moving on next summer as he'd only have 12 months left next summer.

Wondered the same tbh  😞

Just me speculating but if we sign Hermoso, given how many LBs we have then I'd expect Mings is going to be unavailable until closer to Nov/Dec as we would surely avoid Hermosos wages if we only needed to cover until September. I had hoped Ty would've been more active in training at this point but I think he's done his ACL before (maybe) so this all adds to the recovery time (age, weight, length of legs, need to jump/land a lot etc.)

He's still a leader and our most aerially dominant CB so would love him to stay. Next to Pau in a 2 he's be good but in times where we play a 3 he'd be immense

Doesn't look like he is on the plane for the US tour. We will definitely need at least one more CB to come in . Be that a loan like we did with Lenglet or permanent .

Currently only Pau( had injuiries), Konsa(  used at RB also )  Carlos ( inconsistent)   Mings ( no one.knows how his body will cope.

5 minutes ago, gatecrasha said:

Doesn't look like he is on the plane for the US tour. We will definitely need at least one more CB to come in . Be that a loan like we did with Lenglet or permanent .

Currently only Pau( had injuiries), Konsa(  used at RB also )  Carlos ( inconsistent)   Mings ( no one.knows how his body will cope.

We need a new CB and RB. Sell Carlos and Cash if possible. Sell Mings next summer. 

Edited by villa89
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

We need a new CB and RB. Sell Carlos and Cash if possible. Sell Mings next summer. 

Hopefully Hermoso comes on a free, can play CB or LB.

RB I think we're done. Konsa, Cash, Nedjelkovic and KKH, somebody needs to leave in order to get someone in there.

Yeah sadly im starting to think we have to think of a future without mings. I cant see how many games he will play again for us

Id happily have him as part of coaching setup foe the youngsters

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Not off to the USA then. 

We’re seriously light at the back. If it’s taking him this long to get back I’m not sure he’ll get to the standard we require these days. He isn’t getting any younger. 

Ty will do everything hing he can, I am not ruling him out just yet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gatecrasha said:

Probably flying it

56 minutes ago, villa89 said:

If we sell Carlos we need to buy/loan two CBs can’t see Carlos going anywhere this window.

• Like 1

Curious to know what exactly happened to his knee. This recovery time clearly indicates a more severe injury compared to what happened with Buendia. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

31 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Curious to know what exactly happened to his knee. This recovery time clearly indicates a more severe injury compared to what happened with Buendia. 

Was a few weeks after Buendia did his though, has he got back to full training?

• Like 1

I think unfortunately Mings ACL was probably a lot more severe than Buendia (In fact i know from what ive been told it was) and when you add in age and previous i dont think  he will be back ready and playing until probably October time however the guys a warrior with an elite mindset so i think he will be back at some point

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Was a few weeks after Buendia did his though, has he got back to full training?

I think it was only a few days. Because his happened right before the first game and then Tyrone’s happened. Buendia is flying with them to the US and has been participating in practice. I’m assuming we’ll see him in one of those games. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think it was only a few days. Because his happened right before the first game and then Tyrone’s happened. Buendia is flying with them to the US and has been participating in practice. I’m assuming we’ll see him in one of those games. 

Yep, Thursday and Saturday from memory.

Really disappointed for Mings if indeed he’s not on the plane for the US, given Buendia and Ramsey have both gone I’d be worried about the implications of this.

• Like 3

He may have flew separately from the team.  Has been over in the US a lot on rehab so might be doing other checks over there before meeting up with the rest.

• Like 3

A bit concerning he appears to be no way near fit enough for the first team and it is coming up for a year since he got injured.

Given his age and previous injuries, it does have a bit of a feel of a Martin Laursen about it.

• Sad 2

Didn't he say that it wasn't just the ACL but there was also meniscus damage or maybe even damage to the Medial collateral ligament  (my memory is vague on this.)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â