Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

had to watch the game with a bunch of bournemouth fans that think he's **** shit because they've never seen him play at the level he's been playing at since he's been with us. i said to them immediately following his injury watch us capitulate now.

we may never see him in a villa shirt again, and i'm not being melodramatic here. it sounds like a potential career ender.

someone needs to step up here and take the reigns and i worry (based on what little i've seen) that pau is not that man. i'm looking to konsa to be that man now, he needs to become a leader even though it's not something that comes naturally for him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

had to watch the game with a bunch of bournemouth fans that think he's **** shit because they've never seen him play at the level he's been playing at since he's been with us. i said to them immediately following his injury watch us capitulate now.

we may never see him in a villa shirt again, and i'm not being melodramatic here. it sounds like a potential career ender.

someone needs to step up here and take the reigns and i worry (based on what little i've seen) that pau is not that man. i'm looking to konsa to be that man now, he needs to become a leader even though it's not something that comes naturally for him

I agree with everything you have said. Maybe it’s time for Carlos to step up and become our leader at the back. Been a horrible few days for our club. Just never seem to be able to kick on for one reason or another. 

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

What was our record when Mings didn't start for us again...

Had a very (very) quick look and it’s really not great reading.

Caveat, bit of a rushed job. Possible inaccuracies. Someone else probably can do a better job.

19/20

Missed 5 full games. Lost 4. Won 1. Conceded 11.

Another game he went off injured. Conceded 3 in his absence. Lost 4-1.

20/21

Missed 2 full games. Lost one drew one. Conceded 4.

We won a match when went off at half time. Clean sheet.

21/22

Missed 2 full games. Draw and defeat. Conceded 3.

Didn’t start v West Ham. Conceded 2. Came on conceded another 2.

22/23

Missed 3 full games. Lost all of them. Conceded 6.

23/24

Well, you know the story there.

Basically I think we’ve won 1 out of 12 “full” matches he’s missed, losing 9. Conceding 24.

Then there’s 4 other matches where he’s missed some of the game. Lost 3, won 1. Conceded 8 in the time he was off the pitch. That time amounts to just under two matches worth of minutes.

Hopefully we improve this record.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Caveat, bit of a rushed job. Possible inaccuracies. Someone else probably can do a better job.

19/20

20/21

Missed 2 full games. Lost both. Conceded 4.

21/22

22/23

23/24

Basically I think we’ve won 1 out of 12 “full” matches he’s missed, losing 9. Conceding 24.

Then there’s 4 other matches where he’s missed some of the game. Lost 3, won 1. Conceded 8 in the time he was off the pitch. That time amounts to just under two matches worth of minutes.

Well. I've not a doubt it won't be this bad. It's not great by any stretch though. We will lose points because of it 

Since promotion from the twelve games that Mings hasn't played we've taken five points, just one win, it came against Norwich back in 2019, our squad for that game was Heaton, Elmohamamdy, Konsa, Hause, Targett, Nakamba, Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Wesley, Nyland, Engels, Guilbert, Hourihane, Lansbury, Jota, and Kodjia, his first game back after four games out on the sidelines was infamous 2-1 away victory to Burnley on News Years Day 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah the speed with which he said "It's worse".

Makes me think it's Wesley type multiple ligaments gone. I worry for his career now 

The club just can't financially compete with hammer blows dished out like this. To happen to the player who is such a heartbeat of the club. Just makes me want to turn away from football 

So gutted for Mings. I pray for good news, even a standard ACL rupture and a full recovery for next season is good news atm

Buendia the heart and Mings the soul of the club. Catastrophic developments that threaten to torpedo the season.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

19/20

20/21

Missed 2 full games. Lost both. Conceded 4.

21/22

22/23

23/24

No doubt he'll be a huge miss but as someone else said at least we're not relying on players like Hause to come in now which was the case for a lot of these matches.

• Like 1

Going to be a huge miss we need someone to step up now to show his leadership skills.   We have the players to cover football wise just worry about the rest of what Ty brings.

Get well soon big man we are all with you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villan95 said:

No doubt he'll be a huge miss but as someone else said at least we're not relying on players like Hause to come in now which was the case for a lot of these matches.

This is really important to remember. We all love mings as a bloke and he’s undoubtedly been our best defender over the past few years. It’s a big emotional blow to lose him.

But we do have as good a backup as you could possibly imagine to come in for him. Arguably a better back up than in any other position in the first team. If people think we can’t recover from this then it implies a real lack of faith in Torres as a new signing

On 05/08/2023 at 21:15, Kiwivillan said:

Mings shouldn't lose LCB spot. Pau hasn't overly impressed pre season

On 05/08/2023 at 21:17, jim said:

I agree. I’m not entirely sure why we bought him tbh.

I’m not saying he is shite btw. Just think the money could have been better spent elsewhere. 

That's why. 

Edited by sidcow

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â