Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

He's in the form of his career. Southgate are you watching?

yes he was there watching.

means **** all though. maguire will always play over mings, despite being a fraction of the player ty is

• Like 1

Absolute defending masterclass.

The phallus faced waistcoat botherer will still choose Maguire over him though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Historically as Villa fans we have been privileged to see some great cbs, Mings must be getting close to being top 5 (in premier league era). 

close? he's firmly in the top 5...it's which position, that's the question

obviously not ahead of mcgrath but definitely a worthy debate between him and laursen. laursen had the goal threat which right now is all that's lacking from mings. i'd definitely put mings above mellberg and possibly even ugo. i didn't see enough of shaun teale so i can't comment there

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 15:40, SecretVillaScout said:

He's in the form of his career. Southgate are you watching?

Yes. He'll still pick anyone else though. 

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

close? he's firmly in the top 5...it's which position, that's the question

obviously not ahead of mcgrath but definitely a worthy debate between him and laursen. laursen had the goal threat which right now is all that's lacking from mings. i'd definitely put mings above mellberg and possibly even ugo. i didn't see enough of shaun teale so i can't comment there

Oh come on. He's no Carlos Cuéllar. 

What I don’t understand about being overlooked for England is that there seems no logical reason. 

Abilty - he’s shown imo that he’s better than those guys hat get picked ahead of him. 

Consistency - it’s often said that Southgate sticks with guys that haven’t let him down for England even if their club form is off - well Mings record in an England top is great. 

Attitude - After the “clicky” nature of Englands teams of the past I can absolutely understand why any England manager would want guys with the right attitude, but Mings is a born leader and seems like a great human being. 

Its bizarre. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

What I don’t understand about being overlooked for England is that there seems no logical reason. 

Abilty - he’s shown imo that he’s better than those guys hat get picked ahead of him. 

Consistency - it’s often said that Southgate sticks with guys that haven’t let him down for England even if their club form is off - well Mings record in an England top is great. 

Attitude - After the “clicky” nature of Englands teams of the past I can absolutely understand why any England manager would want guys with the right attitude, but Mings is a born leader and seems like a great human being. 

Its bizarre. 

Mings is really switched on tactically, I'd imagine most managers love him because he's great at understanding what they want from the team and is able to relay that to the rest of the team during a game - I think Smith commented on this a couple of times. That's a problem for Southgate because he doesn't have any tactics.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Mings is really switched on tactically, I'd imagine most managers love him because he's great at understanding what they want from the team and is able to relay that to the rest of the team during a game - I think Smith commented on this a couple of times. That's a problem for Southgate because he doesn't have any tactics.

I think it's personal. Southgate seems the type doesn't he. Self satisfied fraud.

• Like 1

He is too outspoken for the safe FA. Pritti Patel twitter argument was i am sure something that contributed to him being dropped out of the blue and never considered again , even more so when he was the only left footer and had never let England down once. 

• Like 1

Â