Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, turvontour said:

I hadn't appreciated that that controversial Benrahma penalty is the only goal weve conceded in 4 games. 

And Mings could be even better when Carlos is back.  We're slowing becoming a difficult team to beat, apart from the 3 game blip where we conceded 11 goals, we've been pretty solid at the back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Harry Maguire still preferred option. It’s actually disgusting how this is even allowed to happen… 

Harry had a good world cup 2018 though

Edit - and wait until the commentators go nuts about his on the ball skills as the Italians let him amble 60 yards up the pitch in to space already occupied by an open player a simple forward pass in front of him before coming to a standstill and playing a side ways pass to that same player who is now tightly marked 20 seconds later 

Edited by villa4europe

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Harry had a good world cup 2018 though

Edit - and wait until the commentators go nuts about his on the ball skills as the Italians let him amble 60 yards up the pitch in to space already occupied by an open player a simple forward pass in front of him before coming to a standstill and playing a side ways pass to that same player who is now tightly marked 20 seconds later 

If Ty keeps up the work under Unai - on the ball skills will stop being yet another excuse to keep him out.

• Like 1

Obviously disappointing for him on a personal level, but me not being English I couldn't really care less if he's in the squad (same for Ollie).  Mings is a pro, and will hopefully double down on his performances for us can only get better.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Deserved - been excellent for a while now. The big shock is the Premier League actually recognising it.

I can imagine the anger on the social media pages since they all hate Mings 😂

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Ironic, that he is probably playing in the best form of his career.

well done, Gareth...you doughnut.

I don't have the downer on GS that a lot seem to do, but it's hard to disagree with you here, Paul. Ty's been excellent, much better than some of those picked. it doesn't make sense at all, on purely footballing reasons. It's really odd.

I am particulalry pleased to see the form that Tyrone is showing.

I have always been a fan, since the day he walked in the Door, and I was disappointed when he lost his England Place, and the Captaincy, but I could see he was struggling for form....with the errors, he managed.

I have always quitely felt, That Ty had to do too much on his own defensively, under previous managers, I think with the team, playing as a team....we are seeing the true Tyrone.

Well done, big fella.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don't have the downer on GS that a lot seem to do, but it's hard to disagree with you here, Paul. Ty's been excellent, much better than some of those picked. it doesn't make sense at all, on purely footballing reasons. It's really odd.

I don't like having a downer on anyone Pete, I just feel if GS doesn't select a villa player, he is happy.....I just don't get the vibe, he likes us, or is impartial to us.

Jack is a case in question......Until recently, Jack played his best football with Villa, yet despite playing under par for City, he found it easier to get selected.....is ok now, because he is playing great.

No one would have batted an eyelid if Ollie or Tyrone was picked, yet he selects Phillips who's hardly kicked a ball in anger.

No, I don't care for anyone who gives Villa the bums rush, and I think he does.

Ty is because of the Pritti Patel tweet i am sure. Has he ever been picked since ? ( he has been but never got on the pitch ) 

Having a left footed centre back as an option if playing well should be a formality.  And with Gareths rules even if he wasnt playing well. Was picked continually for England and never made a gaff in all of the games he played. 

But then never played again after that tweet

Gerrard dropped him and Southgate dropped him at the exact same time . 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ty is because of the Pritti Patel tweet i am sure. Has he ever been picked since ? ( he has been but never got on the pitch ) 

Having a left footed centre back as an option if playing well should be a formality.  And with Gareths rules even if he wasnt playing well. Was picked continually for England and never made a gaff in all of the games he played. 

But then never played again after that tweet

Gerrard dropped him and Southgate dropped him at the exact same time . 

He’s played for England four times since the tweet. Looking at the stats it seems he scored in his final two appearances.

So I don’t think the tweet completely ended it for him, but maybe Southgate being a bit flip floppy when it comes to standing up for one’s principles felt a bit awkward about it and has just avoided the situation.

Personally speaking I’m glad he wrote it and I would happily wager that even if he’s never selected again, he doesn’t regret posting it. 

I think it’s a combination of having a bit of a rough patch in form a while ago (both him and Villa) which it’s sometimes difficult to overcome the perception of no matter how well he has performed since. That, and not playing for one of the favoured clubs. And Gareth being Gareth, of course.

Peronally, I don’t mind if Mings or any Villa player make the England squad. I’m only remotely bothered because players are probably more willing to come here if they felt they would get a call up while playing for us.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I've voted but these things seem futile. Presumably players from the sky 6 just get a deluge of votes. I'd prefer if these things were decided by expert panel. 

Just now, sidcow said:

I've voted but these things seem futile. Presumably players from the sky 6 just get a deluge of votes. I'd prefer if these things were decided by expert panel. 

Only 10% of the vote is done by the fans. Sadly the expert panel are all too busy circlejerking themsleves off to the scum 6 to even deign to consider a villa player. 

On 23/03/2023 at 11:48, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Deserved - been excellent for a while now. The big shock is the Premier League actually recognising it.

Premier League is one thing, would be a miracle if Captain Carrot-Nozzle actually noticed. 

I do wonder if it’s possible that Mings himself asked to have the Villa captaincy taken off him and has told Southgate he doesn’t want to be selected for England at the moment.

He publicly stated a year or two ago that he has troubles with mental health (or has had). 

Otherwise it’s just all a bit odd because he was a good captain for us and he never let England down at all when appearing for them. 

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I do wonder if it’s possible that Mings himself asked to have the Villa captaincy taken off him and has told Southgate he doesn’t want to be selected for England at the moment.

He publicly stated a year or two ago that he has troubles with mental health (or has had). 

Otherwise it’s just all a bit odd because he was a good captain for us and he never let England down at all when appearing for them. 

2 + 2 = (499 + 65) / x

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He would have made a statement regarding the captaincy as it led to a media mess including him being dropped and a Talksport agenda against him

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Definitely not. He even spoke about the captaincy thing.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â