Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Mings drops some clangers on the pitch, but he is a leader. He doesn’t need to dress up in a **** Turkey costume to prove it either.

He would have dragged better performances out of some of our players today.

Giving McGinn the captaincy was bad enough, but now calling Mings out in the media is an utter shambles.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves to captain another PL team.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Mings drops some clangers on the pitch, but he is a leader. He doesn’t need to dress up in a **** Turkey costume to prove it either.

He would have dragged better performances out of some of our players today.

Giving McGinn the captaincy was bad enough, but now calling Mings out in the media is an utter shambles.

I really wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves to captain another PL team.

Mings just does his job. If he makes a mistake he actually owns up to it or tries to make it better

Since he was stripped from his captaincy and leadership role its even more obvious that the management are clowns

I'm panicking a little bit here. Gerrard needs to sort this out. He's massively misread the strengths of the squad if he's forcing Mings out. This could sink our season from the outset. I'm just hoping we don't sell Mings in the interim. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, grobs said:

Let’s be honest Mings has been a shambles for a while. There wouldn’t have been such an outpouring of support for him if we’d have won today 

Oh wow Priti Patel, I had no idea you posted on here! ;)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The more I think about this situation, the more infuriating it gets. What a shitshow

Yes me too. I wasn't a fan of the SG appointment but was prepared to support him. It was hard to have the 2 best parts of the promotion side leave in just a few short months.

He has obviously been able to attract 4 big name players in Coutinho, Digne, Kamara & Carlos. But the coaching and performances have been less impressive than the Dean Smith/ROK era, and the comments about Tyrone today smack of manipulation and dishonesty.

If Ty has been out of line then come out and be honest about it. If you're not prepared to be honest then STFU.

I think he's really damaged his relationship with the fans today and considerably shortened the amount of time we'll give him if results and performances don't improve dramatically.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Yes me too. I wasn't a fan of the SG appointment but was prepared to support him. It was hard to have the 2 best parts of the promotion side leave in just a few short months.

He has obviously been able to attract 4 big name players in Coutinho, Digne, Kamara & Carlos. But the coaching and performances have been less impressive than the Dean Smith/ROK era, and the comments about Tyrone today smack of manipulation and dishonesty.

If Ty has been out of line then come out and be honest about it. If you're not prepared to be honest then STFU.

I think he's really damaged his relationship with the fans today and considerably shortened the amount of time we'll give him if results and performances don't improve dramatically.

What did he say about Mings?

He’s badly misjudged this one. He’s clearly had a falling out behind the scenes and here we are with McGinn as captain when he absolutely shouldn’t be and playing (in my opinion) our 4th best centre half in the opening game of the season. 

What an absolute f***** shambles. 

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

What did he say about Mings?

Guessing yo've been busy - VT and Villa Twitter plus all the podcasts are pretty much in agreement that this was out of order given the terrible display today.

Plus the fact that Bournemouth had 3, 6'3 plus fellas on the pitch and he dropped Mings for 2 smaller center backs. Then we concede from set piece crosses :bang:

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

He’s badly misjudged this one. He’s clearly had a falling out behind the scenes and here we are with McGinn as captain when he absolutely shouldn’t be and playing (in my opinion) our 4th best centre half in the opening game of the season. 

What an absolute f***** shambles. 

I don't believe there's been a falling out. I think he is threatened by Tyrone. Probably because Mings is smarter than him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Starting Konsa ahead of Mings ( as well as Chambers) is baffling.

Konsa is just back early from a significant injury and is (you'd think) behind the other players in terms of fitness and match sharpness. 

This is shabby treatment of Tyrone and it leaves a bitter taste. And it makes me worry that he's driving him out of the club entirely. 

It all seems like needless, self inflicted drama to sour the mood right before the season. 

Piss poor from Gerrard!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Indigo said:

Not sure if true but I can believe it.

Sounds believable. I remember that first season in the prem we were a shambles when he was missing and got tonked. Watford away 3-0 (instantly got back on track a few days later when he came back for Burnley on New year's Day), Southampton home 1-3, Leicester 1-4, Spurs which we only lost 2-3 somehow but we're diabolical defensively. Whatever the game was when Smith took him out last year we deffo lost too 

He’s got this horribly wrong 

the captaincy

the not even naming him as a leader within the squad when asked

dropping him

the snide comments 

maybe he underestimated how much the fans like Mings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It all seems like needless, self inflicted drama to sour the mood right before the season.

This.

We haven’t addressed the problems we did have and we’ve given ourselves a big fat new one. For no apparent reason. 

Didn’t think they were going to need a crisis meeting after one game.

It's agony from Gerrard.

Painful comments. Sherwood stuff. There's nothing worse.

I knew Mings wouldn't take this well, and whether he's had a pop or something, and this is Gerrard's response I don't know.

Wrong time Stevie lad. Sort your shit out sir.

It seems to me gerrard has a problem with him.  I dont know whats happened behind the scenes but it looks like a falling out.

You dont take your captain out and nit even make him 3rd choice. I dont get it. Stupid decision by gerrard in my opinion and even nire stupid puttinv mcginn in that role when he has been generally useless for most of last season and was garbage yesterday 

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

It’s all the more bizarre because over the course of the Gerrard era I’d argue that Mings was probably the most consistent performer. Got rid of a lot of the early season (post euros) shakiness he had under Smith at the end. At the same time Konsa’s form fell off a cliff.

I agree but Mings did look shaky when he played in pre season so I wasn’t massively surprised that SG dropped him as I think he’s been waiting for the opportunity. I just thought he’d go for Chambers who has looked good. Konsa was the oddest choice and backfired massively.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â