Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

21 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I hate to break it to you but Carlos is far from perfect too. Oh, and for anyone who hates stats, look away now…

I really wonder why we bother with scouts or a recruitment team at all, when we can just Google anything we need to know. That would save the club an absolute fortune in the long term. Once we’ve got that layer of management done away with we can work our way  through the whole structure of the club. In fact all NSWE need to do is leave a few cheques signed and VT will do the rest. Then sit back and enjoy the almost guaranteed results. Just make sure the redevelopment of VP includes a big enough trophy room. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I really wonder why we bother with scouts or a recruitment team at all, when we can just Google anything we need to know. That would save the club annabsolute fortune in the long term. Once we’ve got that layer of management done away with we can work our way  through the who structure of the club. In fact all NSWE need to do is leave a few cheques signed and VT will do the rest. Then sit back and enjoy the almost guaranteed results. Just make sure the redevelopment of VP includes a big enough trophy room. 

You’re trying wayyy too hard with this post.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I hate to break it to you but Carlos is far from perfect too. And I’m referencing him because everyone believes he’s automatically the top guy now that he’s here so he will be our barometer. Oh, and for anyone who hates stats, look away now…

Generally not of the view that this makes you a bad defender. Having some slip ups is fine, not everyone is McGrath. Any mistake that Mings makes is highlighted and often over reacted to, he's still among the best in the country. 

Hopefully people don't become hyper critical of Carlos with the media playing it back. 

I'd start Tyrone every time. I don't know enough about this other guy yet! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Personally don't think it's right he isn't atleast a vice-captain.

Just disrespectful. 

made Diego Carlos vice captain ahead of him, its pretty disgraceful to treat Mings like this but unsurprising

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

made Diego Carlos vice captain ahead of him, its pretty disgraceful to treat Mings like this but unsurprising

Or maybe it’s the best decision to take the pressure off somebody who has struggled with self doubt and worries that he isn’t good enough.

The England footballer Tyrone Mings has revealed how he struggled with mental health problems at Euro 2020, with a crisis of self-confidence leaving him feeling like 95% of the country had doubts about him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/02/tyrone-mings-opens-up-mental-health-struggle-euro-2020

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Naming Tyrone Vice Captain would still have seen SG accused of insulting Ty with the demotion.

Plus, part of SG's reasoning was to enable Ty to fully focus on his own form which wouldn't have been served if Ty became Captain again when McGinn was not on the pitch.

Seems logical not to name Ty as VC. Is that why you consider our manager's decision unsurprising?

1 minute ago, brommy said:

Naming Tyrone Vice Captain would still have seen SG accused of insulting Ty with the demotion.

Plus, part of SG's reasoning was to enable Ty to fully focus on his own form which wouldn't have been served if Ty became Captain again when McGinn was not on the pitch.

Seems logical not to name Ty as VC. Is that why you consider our manager's decision unsurprising?

not really but would keep him in the leadership team which it looks like he has been demoted from

When Barry and Mellberg got stripped of the captaincy they were still vice captain.

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Eh?  Diego Carlos is never vice captain, surely?

5 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Or maybe it’s the best decision to take the pressure off somebody who has struggled with self doubt and worries that he isn’t good enough.

The England footballer Tyrone Mings has revealed how he struggled with mental health problems at Euro 2020, with a crisis of self-confidence leaving him feeling like 95% of the country had doubts about him.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/02/tyrone-mings-opens-up-mental-health-struggle-euro-2020

Wouldn't removing the captaincy maybe make him doubt himself even more?

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

not really but would keep him in the leadership team which it looks like he has been demoted from

When Barry and Mellberg got stripped of the captaincy they were still vice captain.

Gerrard said he wanted Ty to focus on his own form, free from captain responsibility. How would that be achieved if Ty was captain again in John's absence?

Â