Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He speaks so well about the club, loves it, pinches himself sometimes when he sees Villa Park from the motorway and remembers he's captain - how incredible it is to attack the Holte End in the second half of games, how much he's enjoying working for Gerrard, how Smith was the first sacking he's been involved in in football and that there's a bit of a feeling of guilt, how Coutinho has him falling over in training and is the best player he's trained with.

He's improved under Gerrard and seems happier. Was more error prone and sulkier under Smith/Terry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting to hear him say he's still learning the position and how before he came to Villa he'd only played maybe 20 or 30 games as a CB.

20?? Woah. 

So that actually bodes well for Villa. If a very competent Mings is still learning and improving, we can perish the idea of upgrading on him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

how much he'd love to lift a trophy as Captain and how while he didn't grow up as a Villa fan he feels like an adopted son of the club and has felt that way since the moment he arrived.

What club did/does he support?

6 hours ago, Indigo said:

Can't help but just feel prideful whenever I hear him speak. He's the sort of player/guy I'd admire were he at a different team so to have him captaining Villa enhances that souxh more. Really do think he'll be so much more appreciated when he's gone, which when it eventually happens will - as he alludes to -be with the club in an almost unimaginably better position than where he found it. What a guy.

You can’t help but love the guy. You can see why he’s captain. 

Honestly, if he can cut out the mistakes and the silly lapses in concentration, there aren’t many better than him in the PL at centre half. 

14 hours ago, Indigo said:

Can't help but just feel prideful whenever I hear him speak. He's the sort of player/guy I'd admire were he at a different team so to have him captaining Villa enhances that souxh more. Really do think he'll be so much more appreciated when he's gone, which when it eventually happens will - as he alludes to -be with the club in an almost unimaginably better position than where he found it. What a guy.

Always finding new ways to love this guy. What a person, what a captain. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Indigo said:

Regardless of the mistakes he makes , which don't make him a bad player by the way. He is a proper role model and I cant think of another player I'd want as captain.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 22:13, OutByEaster? said:

And lovely to hear him finish by talking about how much he's enjoyed the three and a half years of improvement, his ambitions for the club to go further, how they want to be in the top six, how much he'd love to lift a trophy as Captain and how while he didn't grow up as a Villa fan he feels like an adopted son of the club and has felt that way since the moment he arrived.

He speaks eloquently and honestly and he's always interesting and on point.

I am very happy that this man is our Captain.

He always seems to me, to be a man who is happy at Villa Park and embraces all the goings on within it...an adopted son.

On the footballing side....he makes some errors.....but I do feel he is exposed too much, with the personnel we have in our squad.

Under the circumstances, he does great.....you soon know when he is not playing.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2022 at 01:26, Indigo said:

Can't help but just feel prideful whenever I hear him speak. He's the sort of player/guy I'd admire were he at a different team so to have him captaining Villa enhances that so much more. Really do think he'll be so much more appreciated when he's gone, which when it eventually happens will - as he alludes to -be with the club in an almost unimaginably better position than where he found it. What a guy.

He was at the start of the fight back, in my eyes.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â