Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I think you're almost there - our CBs have been struggling since Nakamba got injured.

I do think since his injury that Nakamba has been elevated to incredible heights. He played well in a few games and I do like him for his role but I think people will be expecting Makelele when he returns 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are u suggesting he is not error prone?

I am suggesting that people who say he costs a goal every game have not a clue what they are talking about

He isnt perfect but he isnt our worst defender 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I am suggesting that people who say he costs a goal every game have not a clue what they are talking about

He isnt perfect but he isnt our worst defender 

Who said he costs a goal every game. I have seen a lot of stupid comments and comments with bias but I have never seen anyone post something like that. I know he is not our worst defender, I have never said he was. But he is meant to be our best defender and he is our captain. We can't have our captain and best defender being so error prone. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

So how many of those Leeds goals were classed as Mings  errors? Stats dont mean a lot 

At most it would have been one and that would be probably the first goal as he lost the ball. Even then its harsh 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

At most it would have been one and that would be probably the first goal as he lost the ball. Even then its harsh 

I think their 2nd goal he had it covered and it was actually Buendia jumping who shoved James into Mings and stopped him clearing it. 

The 3rd goal was poor, he kind of just blocks the tame header instead of clearing it properly. The first goal he made a minor mistake, I blame Konsa for not being closer to Mings, he was left with a 2 on 1 really and won the ball and turned into the Leeds player who took it off him. 

So yeah, the 3rd goal he's at fault for, he should be clearing that

The third was definate imo. the 2nd bordeline. 

How was the third his mistake? Defender had a free header which the keeper didn't save and was going in anyway. He cleared it with his bad foot but was no other Villa defenders around 

Lets all blame Mings

The third was definate imo. the 2nd bordeline. 

There will always be debate regarding who actually made the error and in most cases when we concede there will be multiple errors from a few players than can be seen as consequential to us conceding. As your comment above says the stats don't mean a lot. But we all can see that Mings makes lots of mistakes and unfortunately he doesn't appear to be able to address this aspect of his game. He is a good defender but imo he will never make it to the top level because of his errors. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How was the third his mistake? Defender had a free header which the keeper didn't save and was going in anyway. He cleared it with his bad foot but was no other Villa defenders around 

Lets all blame Mings

Come on now it was a weak header which would have been stopped anyway but he just passed it to their player. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lets all blame Mings

is that meant to make it acceptable?

Come on now it was a weak header which would have been stopped anyway but he just passed it to their player. 

It was a free header so that person should get the blme especially as that same player was free for a tap in.

If was such a weak header why did Martinez not save it? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was a free header so that person should get the blme especially as that same player was free for a tap in.

If was such a weak header why did Martinez not save it? 

Im confused. Mings was two yards in front of Martinez and if he hadnt of blocked it to the Leeds player Martinez 100% would have saved it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Im confused. Mings was two yards in front of Martinez and if he hadnt of blocked it to the Leeds player Martinez 100% would have saved it. 

He was 2 yards to the right of Martinez I just watched it back, Martinez was nowhere near getting the ball. 

Llorente easily lost Konsa twice for the goal

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was 2 yards to the right of Martinez I just watched it back, Martinez was nowhere near getting the ball. 

Llorente easily lost Konsa twice for the goal

Well Watkins would have cleared it then . It was wreckless defending and I'm not saying he didnt do may good things in the game, the clearance of the line just before that brilliant but his mistakes cost us the match. It reminds me if the time Baker and Clarke would make mistakes time after time. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â