Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate their are white players which similar accusations are laid against.

So either way, it's a REACH.

Are the accusations baseless?

It is a reach, sure, but I'm really struggling to understand the mentality behind it. 

13 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well try and explain why Tyrone's ego is a problem then, because right now it's completely unclear. 

The ego accusation has never made any sense to me either.  I have to admit, at first, I did think maybe race had something to do with it but any talk about ego seems to be solely aimed at Tyrone so I tossed that as the reason. 

Its to the point now when I see a post about his ego I just laugh and move on. I honestly think it may be a generational thing.  Strikers and other attackers are supposed to play with an ego or swagger. Imagine if a striker scored a goal and didn't celebrate everyone would be on here wondering why. Centerbacks are supposed to be stoic and commanding. Any swagger or flamboyancy from that position is immediately seen as a negative since some see it as a sign of carelessness. 

That's the best I have for it. For me, modern day CBs have to be confident on the ball. If that comes with a little swagger so be it. I'd take that every time over a CB who hoofs it away to the opposition when encountering the slightest bit of danger. 

Edited by Rightdm00
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Are the accusations baseless?

It is a reach, sure, but I'm really struggling to understand the mentality behind it. 

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well try and explain why Tyrone's ego is a problem then, because right now it's completely unclear. 

13 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The ego accusation has never made any sense to me either.  I have to admit, at first, I did think maybe race had something to do with it but any talk about ego seems to be solely aimed at Tyrone so I tossed that as the reason. 

Its to the point now when I see a post about his ego I just laugh and move on. I honestly think it may be a generational thing.  Strikers and other attackers are supposed to play with an ego or swagger. Imagine if a striker scored a goal and didn't celebrate everyone would be on here wondering why. Centerbacks are supposed to be stoic and commanding. Any swagger or flamboyancy from that position is immediately seen as a negative since some see it as a sign of carelessness. 

That's the best I have for it. For me, modern day CBs have to be confident on the ball. If that comes with a little swagger so be it. I'd take that every time over a CB who hoofs it away to the opposition when encountering the slightest bit of danger. 

Has Kortney Hause ever been accused of the same thing? 🤔

Edit: Although I've seen his Instagram posts...

Has Nakamba ever been accused of the same thing?

Bertrand Traore might have been accused of nonchalance for his playing style as well at times, and I'll tell you, it's because of how he plays and his demeanour, not his colour 🤦🏿

Ayew was accused of having an ego and being a miserable bastard, not because of his colour, but because of his resting bitch face etc.

Has Ngolo Kante ever been accused of ego and/or nonchalance?

Again, obviously racism exists, but people try way too hard sometimes. IMO

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has Nakamba ever been accused of the same thing?

Bertrand might have been accused of nonchalance for his playing style as well at times, and I'll tell you, it's because of how he plays, not his colour 🤦🏿

Nakamba frequently gets the 'naive' stereotype thrown at him and it doesn't matter how many times Traore tracks back, he'll always be accused of not working hard enough. Meanwhile John McGinn can light a fart in the centre circle and get praised for his hilarious banter while the other team overrun our midfield for the umpteenth time. 

Look, I might just be seeing things here that don't exist, but after everything I've seen from the UK over the last 5/10 years or so, I have little faith in the majority of people. 

6 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Lexicon, I don't have to explain anything to you just because you've wildly misinterpreted something. Or are you just puffing out your chest here as a show?

As someone else has mentioned, the fact that YOU have interpreted the comment like you have makes YOU look like the one with dodgy ideas in your head. Why bring race into it at all? 

I included Buendia in the post as well, but you've cherry picked it to suit your inflamatory narrative.

Mings was recently dropped and was seen scowling on the bench. Buendia stormed off the pitch down the tunnel. 

Both examples of inflamed egos. 

I mentioned it here because it's the Mings thread. 

You have really overstepped a line here. 

I've been a member of VT for 16 years and if you'd bothered to get to know me at all, you'd know what a stupid charge that is.

Unbelievable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Sorry,  I wasn't accusing you of that - more the general situation around him. All these accusations him being an ego etc. without any foundation or evidence - I can't see how people come to that sort of conclusion without some sort of discriminatory bias in their heads. 

No hard feelings, I guess I overreacted too - I'm sure you had good intentions, but I just feel sometimes the race card is used when there is no reasonable assumption that it should have been used.

I really like Mings, he is a very good player and seems like a nice guy, but I think he is flamboyant on the pitch and not a steady ship that you'd expect from a top PL CB.

22 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Lexicon, I don't have to explain anything to you just because you've wildly misinterpreted something. Or are you just puffing out your chest here as a show?

As someone else has mentioned, the fact that YOU have interpreted the comment like you have makes YOU look like the one with dodgy ideas in your head. Why bring race into it at all? 

I included Buendia in the post as well, but you've cherry picked it to suit your inflamatory narrative.

Mings was recently dropped and was seen scowling on the bench. Buendia stormed off the pitch down the tunnel. 

Both examples of inflamed egos. 

I mentioned it here because it's the Mings thread. 

You have really overstepped a line here. 

I've been a member of VT for 16 years and if you'd bothered to get to know me at all, you'd know what a stupid charge that is.

Unbelievable. 

Why is looking unhappy on the bench a sign of an ego? Is he supposed to be thrilled that he's not playing? 

You're throwing out baseless accusations at Mings and this is a forum - people are going to call you out if they think you're talking nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Why is looking unhappy on the bench a sign of an ego? Is he supposed to be thrilled that he's not playing? 

You're throwing out baseless accusations at Mings and this is a forum - people are going to call you out if they think you're talking nonsense. 

Then if you think I'm talking nonsense, try telling me so without trying to turn me into a Klan member. You are not an arbiter here. If you are going to make that kind of accusation, which is one degree short of being called a pedophile, you'd better be sure it fits a pattern of posts, or leaves no room for misinterpretation. Because it doesn't meet either criteria, I think you owe me an apology.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I don't mind Hause as a player despite his faults, but man I hate how he comes across on Insta. Had to unfollow him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Then if you think I'm talking nonsense, try telling me so without trying to turn me into a Klan member. You are not an arbiter here. If you are going to make that kind of accusation, which is one degree short of being called a pedophile, you'd better be sure it fits a pattern of posts, or leaves no room for misinterpretation. Because it doesn't meet either criteria, I think you owe me an apology.

I've not directly accused you of racism and I've asked for an explanation several times because I think you're baselessly labelling one of our players and I'm trying to find out why. I'm not claiming to be any sort of arbiter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I've not directly accused you of racism and I've asked for an explanation several times because I think you're baselessly labelling one of our players and I'm trying to find out why. I'm not claiming to be any sort of arbiter.

Well, good.

I could very well have misread Mings and Buendia's body language. I'm happy to be enlightened on the matter. 

I also hope you aren't quite so quick to assume the absolute worst about your fellow Villa Talkers in the future.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mate their are white players which similar accusations are laid against.

So either way, it's a REACH.

We look for what we want. I used to say similar things about the Golden Boy, previously known as Mr. Aston Villa.

Unless I'm reverse racisming, which I'll then be told doesn't exist.

It doesn’t exist 😆

Also, I’m throwing in my support to the  Mings for Prime Minister campaign!

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â