Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Tommo_b said:

How is it a mistake? If he isn’t challenged by the offside player he controls the ball and sets up Villa for an attack. No mistake was made, challenged by offside player is not a mistake.

Because he doesn't know the player is offside?

I mean to be fair it’s a good tactic to keep in mind for the future...keep a forward player well offside only to run back on and tackle a player receiving the ball. 

I actually thought it was situations like this that the offside rule was brought in for.

Nobody will care outside Villa Park though as it keeps the title race more exciting.

Just now, penguin said:

Because he doesn't know the player is offside?

How doesn't he know? 

In fact, he's so far offside, I doubt that Mings even sees him when he goes to chest it down.

• Like 1

Mings plays brilliantly most of the time, but we cannot really afford the errors he makes.

All the players have a mistake in them, but his are particularly dangerous. It is very frustrating.

We need to get a new CB to partner Konsa.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The explanation at the end was complete bollocks. They know they have **** up. It’s a complete joke. 

Yep. They just ever time come up with some bs reason to defend it rather than admit an error and Walton time and again backtracks and sides with them.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Mings plays brilliantly most of the time, but we cannot really afford the errors he makes.

All the players have a mistake in them, but his are particularly dangerous. It is very frustrating.

We need to get a new CB to partner Konsa.

Agreed. The thing with his errors is that the are quite frequently needless. I said at the time Hause should have kept his place and I stand by it.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

That one is not on Ty at all. As far as he's concerned, Rodri isn't in the game. He shouldn't have to clear it because of some dude 30 yards offside.

That’s a fair point. When he does opt to take it down it was still bloody sloppy though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And the mis pass to Konsa.

Maybe i'm being harsh,

On watching replays you can see he was totally blindsided by the player running from behind him.

So i guess it was more unfortunate than anything.

Mental how their wasn;t a VAR check at all.

Sometimes this whole "game " feels rigged like politics.

He does need to cut out errors but I do think people that say things like wish we had 2 Konsa’s or he should be replaced do not actually appreciate how much he organises a defence and leads from the back.  How often he is in the right place at the right time.

I reckon if he gets injured and we have a run of games with Konsa + Hause/Engles people would soon realise how important he is to us. 

I personally hope we don’t find out.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was a mistake. But he’s offside!  It’s heartbreaking ain’t it :(

I was furious its a terrible decision and it 100% wouldn't have been given the other way around. But for a defender in that situation its safety first.

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

I was furious its a terrible decision and it 100% wouldn't have been given the other way around. But for a defender in that situation its safety first.

But there was no danger. The only player anywhere near him was offside...

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He does need to cut out errors but I do think people that say things like wish we had 2 Konsa’s or he should be replaced do not actually appreciate how much he organises a defence and leads from the back.  How often he is in the right place at the right time.

I reckon if he gets injured and we have a run of games with Konsa + Hause/Engles people would soon realise how important he is to us. 

I personally hope we don’t find out.

We seemed to do quite well during Mings absence

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â