Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Surely we know this dance by now? Whatever Smith or any player does they should have done the opposite.

And had they done the opposite we all know it would have been wrong anyway.

Just hit ignore and don't quote. 

the funny thing is this is so true. had tyrone not been out and about i'm convinced he would have posted something along the lines of "why did we not have any of our BAME players out there representing our club?! Smith should have been encouraging them to!!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just don't get it. I thought the ruling was that you were only allowed outside in groups of six whilst maintaining 2m social distancing. 

Have I missed something?

You've missed nothing. Priti Patel and Matt Hancock said the same thing and it was clearly breaking the lockdown rules the same as Jack was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I just don't get it. I thought the ruling was that you were only allowed outside in groups of six whilst maintaining 2m social distancing. 

Have I missed something?

Yep, contact training started last Monday 

And footballers don't need to worry cos its safe 

Worrying how many people are expressing opposition to people protesting about systemic racism and the murder of black men. 

If you want me to I could point you to some very clear explanations from epidemiologists about why social distancing is the right move from a public health perspective AND why protesting the above is the right move from a public health perspective. Those positions are not contradictory. But I suspect the people complaining about protestors don’t want to read that sort of thing.

Good for Tyrone. And good for Marcus Rashford as well holding the powers that be to account. Someone has to.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Worrying how many people are expressing opposition to people protesting about systemic racism and the murder of black men. 

If you want me to I could point you to some very clear explanations from epidemiologists about why social distancing is the right move from a public health perspective AND why protesting the above is the right move from a public health perspective. Those positions are not contradictory. But I suspect the people complaining about protestors don’t want to read that sort of thing.

Good for Tyrone. And good for Marcus Rashford as well holding the powers that be to account. Someone has to.

I was going to take issue with everything you have said but really, this isn't the place for political argument. I just hope Tyrone plays to his best on Wednesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

No one is expressing opposition to people protesting racism.

People are saying it's the wrong thing to do in the middle of a pandemic when people's lives are at stake. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

People are saying it's the wrong thing to do in the middle of a pandemic when people's lives are at stake. 

He's playing football in the middle of a pandemic when people's lives are at stake 

Ming's is prone to a mistake here n there but to say he's rubbish is absolutely Bat Sh!t crazy To be honest.

Let's put it in this way shall we:

When a teams midfield and Wingers are not working as they should do then of course the only thing working is the keeper and defenders. You can see that from games where we've been dominated and totally slapped all round our defensive area that our midfield and Wingers are not working in the way they should be. It really says something when for 70 minutes more that our Wingers and Midfielders are backed up in our half defending and doing nothing else. Let's be honest that if our Wingers had been more effective at defending up and down the flanks, while our Wingers should of kept the ball much more higher up the pitch for longer periods, that our defenders would of seen far less of the ball. Another thing is our Midfield, where we lost Grealish in the midfield to the Wings because our current Wingers couldn't bring the goods. The fact our midfield can't keep the ball, can't move the ball on, can't even intercept really shows how much pressure the Wings and Midfielders are putting on our defence. A lot of people blaming the defence or keepers because unfortunately they are the ones who the ball goes beyond for goals against us, yet really if our midfield and Winger positions had of worked we may of seen much less errors in games.

You can not defend for a constant 50 to 70 minutes without letting goals in, it is impossible to expect any defence to not let a couple of goals in when being bombarded. Truth is we really have half the team working and when that half the team is working they are having to do the other 50% work load as well, its stress onto stress, we know this from the past from players like Grealish and Mcginn having to pick slack up for the rest of the field. It is not fair that we expect so much from our star players when everyone show be going out there putting performances on. Usually you can get away with two or three players not showing up but the premier doesn't even give you that space. 

All season this is the way our play has been:

Keeper has the ball, sends ball to a defender, ball back n forth between defenders, look for space to pass it on to midfield, midfield collects the ball ( and this is where the fun starts ) - midfield is being pressed, midfield passes back to defence which in turn passes back to keeper. All that is a process that can repeat for along time, right up until midfield finds way through the quick pressing, which can take forever if it does at all that is.

Scenario two in midfield: Midfield passes ball around, Midfield can't find a way through to our Wingers, midfield seizes up and someone makes the mistake that leads to and punishes us with a goal. Its a mistake that has seen us be punished many times over yet we do nothing to stop the rush of Rallying players against us. When we've been in that situation and rushing on a Rally or counter attack we've had our players brought down through tactical fouling, Im not saying I agree with that method as I don't but as the saying goes, if you can't beat them join them. 

Another Scenario - Midfield moves ball on from midfield and passes to Winger, winger collects, Winger sends ball towards attacker (only one player ever there), Winger's pass is not received, Wingers pass is way to short, hits first opposition defender (no one attacking front post). Wingers second cross is sent to our lone striker (no one else is in sight), Cross misses lone striker, cross goes way over to back post (no one attacking back post). All those crosses are easily collected by the opposition who in turn get to start some counter attacking move that has led to our many mistakes in defence. It is criminal that we have had no one arriving to support our lone striker let alone have no one attacking front and back post.

All game we make it so difficult for ourselves that were also making it easier for opposition to get one over us. We as fans are blaming what looks to be the obvious which is our defence letting goals in. If we paid attention more and eased pressure in midfield we certainly would see less of the ball in our own defence. Like wise in the mistakes were making when attacking in there defensive area were creating chances for opposition while we are attacking ourselves by not covering the basics and maximizing our potential gains in strikes, posession and interceptions up field. I can't tell you how much work we should be doing in recoveries, the moment crosses do not get through is our chance to stop pressure build up before it starts, the more we intercept up front the less work we have down in our own defence, we need to be more solid and consistent in removing the balls from players.

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Right but I’m telling you, if you are actually interested in that point, that a lot of public health experts would say that’s incorrect and that protesting is exactly in line with good public health overall. Here is an article for an example - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/public-health-experts-are-not-hypocrites/612853/ - anyway this will get off topic quickly so I think the main thing is we can all agree Tyrone is a good bloke and also we hope he is playing at his best tomorrow.

Edited by Adam2003

3 hours ago, screwdriver said:

Villa have rubbish defence Mings is a defender. FACT

Our worst run of games in terms of importance and losing them came with mings being out due to injury. We had games against the bottom 3 (at the time) and mings was out injured. We only got 3 points from those 3 games where we needed 6 or 7. If mings was playing we would have gotten at least another point probably 3. 

34 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Right but I’m telling you, if you are actually interested in that point, that a lot of public health experts would say that’s incorrect and that protesting is exactly in line with good public health overall. Here is an article for an example - https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/public-health-experts-are-not-hypocrites/612853/ - anyway this will get off topic quickly so I think the main thing is we can all agree Tyrone is a good bloke and also we hope he is playing at his best tomorrow.

Bore off and post this type of thing somewhere else. This is a football forum, an Aston Villa forum. I can’t speak for others but I pop up here for a bit of light relief, to talk football. It’s a bit of an escape from the incessant everyday arguing that seems to surround us all every single day. We get it, you’re very virtuous. Now leave your politics somewhere else and just talk football 😇

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Bore off and post this type of thing somewhere else. This is a football forum, an Aston Villa forum. I can’t speak for others but I pop up here for a bit of light relief, to talk football. It’s a bit of an escape from the incessant everyday arguing that seems to surround us all every single day. We get it, you’re very virtuous. Now leave your politics somewhere else and just talk football 😇

Literally my last sentence tried to get back to that point so I agree with you totally!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

They‘ll love you in the racism thread. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They‘ll love you in the racism thread. 

I’m trying to backtrack here from the mistake of posting an opinion on this - I just felt it was relevant when people were criticising Tyrone going to protests. Very happy to leave it and get back to how he performs on the field tomorrow...

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â