Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

With anything in particular, or you just have to?

Mings can be at fault for losing that header while others can still be to blame for poor covering.

I disagree with the point that Mings doesn't deserve the harsh criticism he received after the game.

What he did was criminal and fully deserve the criticism..

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

If that is the case then the mentality in our players isn't right.

Think it's more that Mings has a tendency to switch off at times and not be a 100% concentrated or a bit too casual.

In the Championship you could get away with it. Against a team like City you can't afford to do this.

He'll move on and learn. Better it happened away to City than against someone like Newcastle or Sheffield U

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Think it's more that Mings has a tendency to switch off at times and not be a 100% concentrated or a bit too casual.

In the Championship you could get away with it. Against a team like City you can't afford to do this.

He'll move on and learn. Better it happened away to City than against someone like Newcastle or Sheffield U

I'm starting to get really worried about him to be honest.

According to Opta, no player in the Premier League has been guilty of more errors that have led to shots. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I'm starting to get really worried about him to be honest.

According to Opta, no player in the Premier League has been guilty of more errors that have led to shots. 

Yeah it's mentioned in the article I posted.

I just think we'll have to take the bad with the good. He has many good qualities.

Hopefully Terry can help him hammer out the chinks in his armor.

This particular bad trait was pretty visible last season in the Championship I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one worried it would get punished in the PL.

For where we are he's still a very good CB.

He's played less than 30 games at this level as a CB. I'm sure he'll iron out these mistakes he's been making. If he keeps making blocks like he did against Jesus he's allowed the odd clanger.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If that is the case then the mentality in our players isn't right.

That's just my opinion of course FWIW......but I emphasise.....some of them not all of them.

He then went on to redeem himself, with a couple of timely and customary recoveries.

I think the point I was trying to make is, despite all the great performances and superlative play from Man City over the last few years....Pepe was aware enough to mention Aggression as a missing component from their game, in the first half...quite poignant IMO

My further point is, despite the most grateful improvement in our play since Dean has arrived....maybe we too would be well positioned to appraise our aggression level during a game.....and possibly work on it, (if the coach feels that it is an issue), like I do.

I am not suggesting for one moment, that ALL our players are lacking, just some.

Edited by TRO

Kind of worried against Liverpool.

Done too many mistakes now that i don't think i trust him anymore.

The thing is, he can look like a solid Premier League for 85 minutes but suddenly he just lose his concentration and does something incredibly stupid which cost us the game.

Did wonders last season, but i don't believe we should view him as undroppable because of 1 good season. 

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

The thing is, he can look like a solid Premier League for 85 minutes but suddenly he just lose his concentration and does something incredibly stupid which cost us the game.

Did wonders last season, but i don't believe we should view him as undroppable because of 1 good season. 

Nah totally undroppable for me, re-watched the Everton game last night f********* awesome display, we are fortunate to have him. I don't think there is a team in this league that wouldn't take him he's that good. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He's our best central defender at the moment, why would you not play him?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Done too many costly mistakes so far. It's why i'm starting to not trust him.

The 6 posts on one page make me suspect you’re not impressed with Mings? 

I personally think he is our best defender and our captain without the armband, Yes he has made mistakes but he has more than made up for it with all the good stuff he has done for us.   Defending that lead to an England cap. 

Agree he needs to cut out some of the mistakes but no way can he be seen as a concern.  

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The 6 posts on one page make me suspect you’re not impressed with Mings? 

I'm not, not so far.

No other players have been frustrating me as much as Mings this season.

Maybe it's just me, but when he time and time again lose concentration and get casual on the ball really get's on my nerves.

He seem to just hoof the ball away when he got time on the ball. When he is under pressure that's when he tend to either dribble his way out or play the risky short passes.

Edited by villalad21

11 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Anyone else getting tired of the hugging, kissing and general groping of teammates after every break in play. 

Nope and I think the lady doth protest too much.

Edited by lexicon
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Anyone else getting tired of the hugging, kissing and general groping of teammates after every break in play. 

Shows good team spirit and camaraderie which we have lacked in the past. 

Mings was very good today and composed. Some great blocks and defensive work. 

I don’t think we deserved to lose. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â