Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Wasn’t he injured for 12 months… Remember when he was talked about breaking into the England squad, running riot, scoring goals. I. The first to say he was one of our poorest player today but I will not agree that he’s overrated, he;s just returned from a serious injury, and I think should be getting 30-40 minutes 

Nobody is denying he’s been very good for us in the past. He was excellent at one point. 

No he hasn’t been injured for 12 months, he played 21 times last season, although he’s undoubtedly had injury problems. 

At his best he’s excellent. I truly wish that player would come back. 

But he’s nowhere near that level now, and hasn’t been for ages. 

The purple patch was the exception

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How can he do these amazing turns but can't kick a ball straight 5 yards. 

Control a nightmare pass, spin his man, carry it 5 yards forward, pass it 30 yards back.

The final bit he did over and over.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Nobody is denying he’s been very good for us in the past. He was excellent at one point. 

No he hasn’t been injured for 12 months, he played 21 times last season, although he’s undoubtedly had injury problems. 

At his best he’s excellent. I truly wish that player would come back. 

But he’s nowhere near that level now, and hasn’t been for ages. 

The purple patch was the exception

I’m hoping like you that we get the Ramsey back that we know and love that is so direct and condiment at taking players on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zero7 said:

I’m hoping like you that we get the Ramsey back that we know and love that is so direct and condiment at taking players on. 

We can all agree on that

• Like 1

needed him to go off and rogers moved the left. Wonder if that would have happened if rogers didnt go off with a potential knock.

There was a number of times where it looked like we could spring a good attack but he just slowed it down and passed it back

Edited by TheMightyVillans

He has had a really poor start to this season. 

The injury hasn't helped obviously but the longer it goes you do start to think how good he actually is. A real good 6 months when Unai first joined but pre and post that timeline it's not good if we're honest. 

• Like 1

Needs time off the bench to find some form. 

He doesn't link up well with Digne but he had a good relationship with Moreno when he bombed forward. It created room for passes but also space for Ramsey to move into, Digne doesn't offer that. Would like to see Maatsen get a run in the team.

People are always going to back him because he came through the Academy but I just don’t see it and I don’t think I ever have. Was good for a period under both Gerrard and Emery but has never looked consistently a top player. Rashford for example has done a lot more in a Man Yoo shirt but fans are 50/50 on him, if we want to be competing with that level of team we have to have the same level of criticism.

If Ramsey continues to be shite he will be dropped and sold, simple as. Needs to up his game big time, if he has it in him.

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If Zaniolo or Buendia was putting in this level of performance every week people would be frothing at the mouth

The real question is why are you frothing at the mouth to call Jacob sh*t. He was obviously carrying an injury all of last season. You would play like crap to if a screw was floating around in your foot. He's had a mixed season so far but that's to be expected when coming back from a long term lay off. 

It's obvious Digne really limits his play on the left. Since he doesn't overlap well, Jacob is constantly facing 2 and sometimes 3 defenders. It's not surprising his best play came when he was paired with a speedy Alex Moreno on the left. Maatsen will be that player but he will take some time to integrate.  

I think I said a while ago there would come a time when he has to start dominating games. Not just having moments , like rolling people, running and creating chances. Which he can be good at.

That time is coming and going. He's still the same raw 19 year old. There's no real more maturity or subtly to his game. His touch can still be wank. In tight spaces and low block he's not great.

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

The real question is why are you frothing at the mouth to call Jacob sh*t. He was obviously carrying an injury all of last season. You would play like crap to if a screw was floating around in your foot. He's had a mixed season so far but that's to be expected when coming back from a long term lay off. 

It's obvious Digne really limits his play on the left. Since he doesn't overlap well, Jacob is constantly facing 2 and sometimes 3 defenders. It's not surprising his best play came when he was paired with a speedy Alex Moreno on the left. Maatsen will be that player but he will take some time to integrate.  

I’m not. I’m absolutely desperate for him to be good. Like he used to be. 

Just because I’m not happy to blindly defend him when he’s playing badly doesn’t mean I WANT him to be bad. 

I really really want him to be good. But he isn’t. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zero7 said:

Wasn’t he injured for 12 months… Remember when he was talked about breaking into the England squad, running riot, scoring goals. I. The first to say he was one of our poorest player today but I will not agree that he’s overrated, he;s just returned from a serious injury, and I think should be getting 30-40 minutes 

He had plenty of positive talk but that means very little. He runs riot very very rarely.

To me he was decent until he got to the box and then just made poor decisions. That shot he fired over he had at least two options to his right.

I think he's getting there, made more impact this season so far than last year which was a complete write off really.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â