Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly think his best period in a Villa shirt came under Gerrard. 

He basically single-handedly dragged the team through games. He was the only thing about us that wasn’t shit. 

I respect your opinion but I disagree. Ramsey and Moreno down the left from Jan onwards (more so the last 10/12 games) was a key reason we were in Europe last season. Ramsey's form last season was ruined by that stupid U21 injury that massively affected him. 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

I respect your opinion but I disagree. Ramsey and Moreno down the left from Jan onwards (more so the last 10/12 games) was a key reason we were in Europe last season. Ramsey's form last season was ruined by that stupid U21 injury that massively affected him. 

He was definitely good in that period.

Maybe it's because we were SO shit under Gerrard and he was basically the only good thing about the team, that it's skewing my view of him. But I just felt he was dragging the team up a notch in that period

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was definitely good in that period.

Maybe it's because we were SO shit under Gerrard and he was basically the only good thing about the team, that it's skewing my view of him. But I just felt he was dragging the team up a notch in that period

He was definitely the outstanding player under Gerrard, the one that dragged us forward, so I get that he maybe stood out more. Whereas now so many players stand out that maybe JJ doesn't look as influential. It's just that we dont rely on moments of magic now. I'm super excited that JJ is back from injury, I think he will go from strength to strength now.

The way he links with Digne is great. 

I specifically watched Grealish to see how he links up with other Man City players, and I think I would prefer a prime Ramsey in this Villa team vs a prime Grealish. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

The way he links with Digne is great. 

I specifically watched Grealish to see how he links up with other Man City players, and I think I would prefer a prime Ramsey in this Villa team vs a prime Grealish. 

Grealish linked well with Targett, despite the quality differences. Both are good to be honest. 
If we look at it in a future/finance wise Ramsey is better. But Grealish is/was quality. He just can’t do what he wants at Man City.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â