Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

35 minutes ago, thunderball said:

He was the player I was most excited to see last season so its great that he's getting back to his best. The prospect of him, Rogers, Onana and now Duran is very promising. We can wonder what Philogene might bring once he's had time to settle.....

Kamara, Maatsen, Iling-Junior & Barranechea too.

They are all around the same age & pics from training show a pretty "matey" group. 

We can probably include Nedeljkovic & Bogarde in there too.

• Like 3

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

How good. His best game this season. We really have a good squad. Nothing is impossible

The midfield especially is in great shape.

To think we were playing Marvelous Nakamba a couple of seasons ago, and now we have players like Bailey, Ramsey, Barkley v2, Buendia etc not even guaranteed starters

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The midfield especially is in great shape.

To think we were playing Marvelous Nakamba a couple of seasons ago, and now we have players like Bailey, Ramsey, Barkley v2, Buendia etc not even guaranteed starters

3 from 4 and if Watkins had shooting boots on we're possibly 4 from 4 and tbh I think we've been far from our best in all 4 games. Martinez has been off for a lot of goals and sounded like he admitted that after Everton game. When we start clicking look out

Encouraging performance, especially as it’s with Digne. I think when Maatsen gets introduced to the team we’ll see more improved performances. The great thing is we still have big room for improvement (many are seeing issues on the pitch yet we’re doing ok results wise and performance wise). The room of improvement for Watkins, Ramsey as well as getting Rogers to score and assist. While integrating Maatsen, Ned, Barkley, Jaden. While re-integrating Bailey, Mings, Kamara, Buendia and Cash. 

If we keep grinding results while doing that I think we’ll be more comfortable of a further rotation. 

I don't think he's even anywhere close to 100% so if he can stay fit he's a rather exciting prospect this season.

Did worry when he took that stamp on the foot last night.  Don't even think that cat got booked for it either!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I still can't believe some people just seemed so ok to sell him.

BOTH sentiment and what he is capable of at his best ( Still think he has unlocked levels which were hampered/slowed down by the injury disruption )

How proud must him and his family be as Villains!

Sidenote... I hope @Jas10 still lurks VT and hasn't actually burnt himself out in the transfer window into hibernation!

I’m lurking DW 😂

Agree with your comment and it’s pleasing to see him back involved, he’s just going to get better and better. For all the Rogers appreciation and hype… too many are sleeping on JJ and what he has to offer aswell.

• Thanks 1

It was “only Conference League” but now it’s Champions League and JJ is ready to shine 💪 

He’s always been great for us and was just hampered by a bad injury… once he’s back to his best, we’ll all he raving about him again. Maybe starting to get into his groove again now…

One of our own 🟣🔵

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I’m lurking DW 😂

Agree with your comment and it’s pleasing to see him back involved, he’s just going to get better and better. For all the Rogers appreciation and hype… too many are sleeping on JJ and what he has to offer aswell.

To be fair, many (like me) are 'sleeping' on JJ because we've had a few false dawns over the last 18 months with him. This time does feel like this is the actual start of him cementing a good run of form and staying fit, though.

4 minutes ago, Powehi said:

To be fair, many (like me) are 'sleeping' on JJ because we've had a few false dawns over the last 18 months with him. This time does feel like this is the actual start of him cementing a good run of form and staying fit, though.

Feels harsh when he was injured all of last season.

He finished 22/23 as one of our best players. Then got injured. Now we're here. The few minutes he did play last year was through pain and he had to have the same operation again.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

He finished 22/23 as one of our best players. Then got injured. Now we're here. The few minutes he did play last year was through pain and he had to have the same operation again.

Those are the false dawns I'm referring to. I don't think any of us pessimists are laying the blame at JJ's door. More that we're worried it would turn into a Darren Anderton situation. He's come back a few times in the last year, played one or two below par games as he got up to speed, then got injured again. 

Edited by Powehi

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I really winced when he got his foot stamped on Tuesday night, it might have been the other foot that is the issue, otherwise it was a good test of the reconstruction.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I really winced when he got his foot stamped on Tuesday night, it might have been the other foot that is the issue, otherwise it was a good test of the reconstruction.

I hope it’s not a tactic that starts getting adopted by opposition with JJ.

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I still can't believe some people just seemed so ok to sell him.

BOTH sentiment and what he is capable of at his best ( Still think he has unlocked levels which were hampered/slowed down by the injury disruption )

How proud must him and his family be as Villans!

Sidenote... I hope @Jas10 still lurks VT and hasn't actually burnt himself out in the transfer window into hibernation!

To be fair he's been crap for 2 years. His highest level was actually quite a short portion of his villa career. He's been average for far more of it than he's been good.

Obviously there was a big injury in there, which explains it. But the further away that good period got, the less confident people became that he'd ever get back there.

Even now, Tuesday was the first time he's looked anywhere near that level for 2 seasons. And it was against a very poor team.

I'm hugely encouraged to see that performance. And I really hope he can maintain some form. Because at his best he's a hell of a player.

But it's no surprise that people were beginning to lose faith when it's been so long since he's shown any good form

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â