Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought he still was carefully, slowly "emersing" himself back into first resm football yesterday. A little tentative and unwilling to use hid bedf attributes of running with the ball and driving at players. It will come back, he'd too good not to. Just frustrated for him his much time ged missed,  and the impact in his development. 3 or four games and he'll be back to his influential best!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I think he has a brilliant relationship with Digne on that left hand side. For our first goal he helped create the space for the cross. Starting to look back to his best. 

It’s funny because he had a fantastic partnership with Moreno as well. And when Ramsay has been on the pitch the same time as maatsen they’ve looked great together.

The common factor is that ramsay’s positioning, quality on the ball and general game awareness make him an excellent foil for any left back allowing them to push forward more. He attracts the opposition full back and has the intelligence to make underlapping runs which provide the LB with another option

• Like 1

Just now, JPJCB said:

It’s funny because he had a fantastic partnership with Moreno as well. And when Ramsay has been on the pitch the same time as maatsen they’ve looked great together.

The common factor is that ramsay’s positioning, quality on the ball and general game awareness make him an excellent foil for any left back allowing them to push forward more. He attracts the opposition full back and has the intelligence to make underlapping runs which provide the LB with another option

This is why I think Unai wouldn't entertain him leaving and ultimately he will replace Mcginn. He does exactly what he's told, has great personal attributes and makes others around him look better. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, cheltenham_villa said:

This is why I think Unai wouldn't entertain him leaving and ultimately he will replace Mcginn. He does exactly what he's told, has great personal attributes and makes others around him look better. 

Exactly this.  He and McGinn might not have had the show-reel highlights yesterday but they both did plenty of good work stretching Everton's defence and providing space and some nice passes into others.  Ramsey's got a slightly easier job in so far as Digne and Maatsen have the confidence to play beyond the midfield and work some of the nice triangles.  McGinn's doing a bit more donkey work as our young RBs settle into top level football.  It's not all about who is the most eye-catching player on the pitch.

He wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, kept the ball well, didn't give it away, didn't miss his passes, linked up well with those around him, early on created two very good opportunities with clever passes, he was one of the main reasons we dominated as much as we did, as he's very mature with his play, knows when to keep it simple or when to try and make something happen, I'd be amazed if Emery himself wasn't in agreement that he played well, not amazing, but he did a good job

Because he plays wide left, I think a lot of people judge him solely as if he's a wide player in the Bailey mold, and as such if he doesn't have a game where he's going on driving runs, or scoring goals, then he's deemed to have had a bad game, but he's not in the team as that type of player, he's a central midfielder, playing wide, he has a completely different role in the team to what the likes of Philogene or Bailey have when they play wide

Also not sure where this idea has come from that he's poor in tight spaces, seems to be one of those ideas that has caught on and people just go with it, when it isn't actually true, last night on a number of occassions he did well whilst in tight spaces with players around him, if anything it's something he's actually pretty good at usually, he's goood at one touch passing in tight spaces too, he might not be technically amazing, but this idea that he isn' technically good at all is greatly exaggerated

• Like 2

Not had a bad start to the season with a couple of assists (one given to Ollie unfairly) but yesterday was his chance to impress and I don't think he did. When Bailey is back I think Ramsey drops to the bench again.

He needs to get back in the goals but he isn't a winger, he's a CM playing out wide just like McGinn and I'm not a fan of it. Yes they both go inside centrally but we are always very narrow against low blocks and it can be a problem. I'd have liked to have seen a proven attacking option come in this summer, we signed Philogene but he doesn't look ready yet and Rogers has emerged but still lacks end product. 

I was hoping this might be Ramsey's breakout season where his numbers shoot up but so far doesn't look like being the case. 

10 hours ago, thejoker said:

He didn’t really stand out against Fleetwood last week. I just don’t think he’s fit yet. But the only way to get him fit is to give him game time. He’ll be explosive again soon. 

He will be explosive, but he'll always have games where he struggles badly. He always has.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â