Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

At times it is.

At times, like yesterday where Rogers had a bad game, Ramsey is ahead.

Two superb young players.

Ramsey being basically out for a year between age 22-23 is a real killer on his development. I think by the end of the season he'll have forced his way in and will be in the first XI.

Nah, Rogers is a technically superior player, better touch, much better in tight spaces.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think Rogers controls the ball and runs better but Ramsey picks the pass better 

A blend between the two would be a monster of a player 

Rogers' passing is fine. Support is letting him down at the mo.

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think Rogers controls the ball and runs better but Ramsey picks the pass better 

A blend between the two would be a monster of a player 

Not for me. I think Rogers is stronger on the ball and when running with it, however, I think Jacob is far more pleasing to the eye and, as I previously commented, seems to have this unique ability to kind of glide at a very brisk pace. That's my opinion of the two in comparison. 

48 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Nah, Rogers is a technically superior player, better touch, much better in tight spaces.

He wasn't yesterday. Stumbled all over the place and lost the ball a lot.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He wasn't yesterday. Stumbled all over the place and lost the ball a lot.

I'm not basing it one game, I'm basing it on watching him for months and Ramsey for years.

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

With Bailey potentially out for a couple of league games, Ramsey will get his chance. Ramsey left, McGinn right. Rogers behind Watkins. Tantalising. 

McGinn and Ramsey in their best positions in an Emery team. Philogene to mix it with McGinn. No need to rush Bailey and perhaps we can ease him back in as a super sub where he excelled so much as last season. 

• Like 2

On 01/09/2024 at 17:07, sheepyvillian said:

Not for me. I think Rogers is stronger on the ball and when running with it, however, I think Jacob is far more pleasing to the eye and, as I previously commented, seems to have this unique ability to kind of glide at a very brisk pace. That's my opinion of the two in comparison. 

This is my opinion too and very well put.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Roitorb said:

This is my opinion too and very well put.

Two very good players that are continuing to improve and they both play for us. Life’s good let’s enjoy it. UTV!!!!!!

• Like 3

On 01/09/2024 at 18:07, Villa87 said:

McGinn and Ramsey in their best positions in an Emery team. Philogene to mix it with McGinn. No need to rush Bailey and perhaps we can ease him back in as a super sub where he excelled so much as last season. 

Wonder if this would also mean a start for Maatsen reasonably soon (given his style is likely to suit Ramsey in the way that Moreno did).

35 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Wonder if this would also mean a start for Maatsen reasonably soon (given his style is likely to suit Ramsey in the way that Moreno did).

Not chance in hell Digne is getting dropped for Maatsen right now (in a PL game anyway)

Edited by zab6359

7 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Not chance in hell Digne is getting dropped for Maatsen right now (in a PL game anyway)

Probably right for now as Digne has been pretty solid, but Unai does like horses for courses, and I would guess Maatsen would be pushing for a start reasonably soon. As you say, less more likely to be a PL game. 

Hasn't started a game yet but has essentially got two assists (Watkins seemingly got a touch against Leicester to officially take it off him) to his name already and is up there for carries. Think it's a big season for him once he's up to speed.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â