Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

21 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I thought he was showing flashes of his best self today.

His awareness of what's going on around him is quite something.

I thought he played well too. Two assists so far this season.  Apparently he's only ever had half a good season at Villa and the hype is from that.

• Like 3

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

No, of course you're not imagining it. Just because I said his touch needs to improve doesn't mean he can't take good ones. Surely we're not oversimplifying things that much? But him and McGinn's touch is glaringly poorer than Tielemans and Rogers.

Tielemans obviously has the best touch of the 4 players mentioned, but he is specifically in the side as a technician, and he lacks the athletic attributes of the other 3. I don’t think Rogers is noticeably ahead of Ramsey.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

We played him too much last season and he got injured again. We're obviously managing his minutes. Unai absolutely raves about the kid. No doubt once he gets into the full swing of things he'll be staying regularly

Yes, Emery rarely misses a chance to praise Ramsey, I don't have any doubt about whether he rates him. 

don’t know what some of you are smoking honestly. Even with everyone fit and firing, JJ will always make my starting XI. He has always started for Emery whenever 100% fit. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Firstly, we've scored 3 goals so far this season. So, no he hasn't. He's assisted 33% of our goal this season.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight I guess I’ll step away from this debate…

I was surprised to see Jacob subbed because he played well. It can only be that Unai wanted to go more defensive and felt that McGinn and Rogers were better on the pitch at closing? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Tielemans obviously has the best touch of the 4 players mentioned, but he is specifically in the side as a technician, and he lacks the athletic attributes of the other 3. I don’t think Rogers is noticeably ahead of Ramsey.

I think Rogers is very noticeably ahead of Ramsey technique wise.

Ramsey is getting back to his old self, thought he looked good vs Leicester. Bodes well, he going to be a very good player. Like with Rogers, just waiting for them to start clocking up goals, it will come.

10 hours ago, WHY said:

We’ve scored 4, follow your own advice.

10 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Christ. 

10 hours ago, osmark86 said:

Goddam, this is one for r/confidentlyincorrect

Hands up, I had a shocker there. I blame copious amounts of alcohol. I'd probably had 3 (12) pints.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Hands up, I had a shocker there. I blame copious amounts of alcohol. I'd probably had 3 (12) pints.

hahahaha no worries mate, we've all done the same if we're being honest ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Firstly, we've scored 3 goals so far this season. So, no he hasn't. He's assisted 33% of our goal this season.

Secondly, David Nugent would be England's best ever striker with your logic. Do better data.

Do better data 🫣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Villarocker said:

I was surprised to see Jacob subbed because he played well. It can only be that Unai wanted to go more defensive and felt that McGinn and Rogers were better on the pitch at closing? 

I thought he looked tired tbh but we did need more defensive midfield options to calm things. I thought JJ did well and his one touch play is helping us build towards goals. 

If he stays fit I'd put good money on him being in our top 10 outfield players for minutes played by the end of the season. As a ball carrier he is for me the best we have and his link up play with Rogers is already looking really promising as they are clearly on the same length.

Having missed pretty much a whole season it was always going to take a little time for him to get fully back up to speed but he has already shown he is getting back to his best. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to see him in the England squad at some stage this season.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

There's been many players, throughout the years, who have been lauded for their ability to run with the ball at their feet. However, a rare few have had the ability to somehow "Glide" with the ball at their feet, Grealish being an obvious one. Yet, I don't think I've seen a player glide so quickly, with the ball, as Jacob Ramsay. It really is a sight to behold watching this kid in full effect. That touch and movement, all in the blink of an eye, which led to the first goal was something very special indeed. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Managing workload or not it’s still very rare for a sub to be subbed. 

Im sure it’s tactical, but it’s still not really a good sign for him. 

Unai has done it a few times when he has made a first half sub. Rogers and Bailey were subbed off last season after coming on

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unai has done it a few times when he has made a first half sub. Rogers and Bailey were subbed off last season after coming on

It means nothing in the grand scheme of things. No player whose come on as a sub likes being substituted himself. 

It was merely tactical, nothing more. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I think Rogers is very noticeably ahead of Ramsey technique wise.

At times it is.

At times, like yesterday where Rogers had a bad game, Ramsey is ahead.

Two superb young players.

Ramsey being basically out for a year between age 22-23 is a real killer on his development. I think by the end of the season he'll have forced his way in and will be in the first XI.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â