Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I hear you broski. A great player, but is he offering anything over the options?

He'll have better games than Rogers and Bailey this season. Today, for example.

Has he ever really won a game for us?

He's been our best player a few times in wins I imagine.

The talent is there, but I think he's missed his chance sadly.

His chance for what? 23 years old and just missed a year of football.

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve been saying it for a while and getting shit for it. There’s no way Ramsey makes our best XI these days. 

Yeah, your Ramsey approach is weird. It's like early on you decided you don't fancy him and are just sticking to it regardless of reality.

He's been injured for a year.

Obviously he's miles better than Buendia and will play loads this season. Ahead of McGinn, Philogene and Rogers at times I'd imagine.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll have better games than Rogers and Bailey this season. Today, for example.

His chance for what? 23 years old and just missed a year of football.

Yeah, your Ramsey approach is weird. It's like early on you decided you don't fancy him and are just sticking to it regardless of reality.

He's been injured for a year.

Obviously he's miles better than Buendia and will play loads this season. Ahead of McGinn, Philogene and Rogers at times I'd imagine.

And how did you find giving birth to him, Mrs Ramsey? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

We played him too much last season and he got injured again. We're obviously managing his minutes. Unai absolutely raves about the kid. No doubt once he gets into the full swing of things he'll be staying regularly

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I’ve flip flopped on him plenty. When he first got in the team he was crap. Then he was **** amazing for a while. But that was about 2 years ago. 

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He’s not miles better than Buendia. I think there’s an argument that he’s not better than Buendia at all. 

Of the players you’ve mentioned I’d say he’s only ahead of Philogene. And I haven’t seen anything from Philigene yet so it’s a bit early to make that judgement.  

Overall I think Ramsey is a really good player. He’s going to play a lot for us and he’s going to have a very good career. 

But I think his reputation amongst Villa fans is far higher than his actual performances. He’s living on a purple patch that probably lasted less than a season. For most of his Villa career he hasn’t been THAT good

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s assisted 50% of our goals this season.

Firstly, we've scored 3 goals so far this season. So, no he hasn't. He's assisted 33% of our goal this season.

Secondly, David Nugent would be England's best ever striker with your logic. Do better data.

• Haha 4

Did great to release Digne for the assist but just before he should have taken more care with the cutback as he could have found Duran who'd pulled near post to become unmarked. Instead he just fired it across goal to no-one. I think his touch needs to improve generally. I'm still on the fence with him.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Managing workload or not it’s still very rare for a sub to be subbed. 

Im sure it’s tactical, but it’s still not really a good sign for him. 

Like I said it’s happened before under Emery

36 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Firstly, we've scored 3 goals so far this season. So, no he hasn't. He's assisted 33% of our goal this season.

Secondly, David Nugent would be England's best ever striker with your logic. Do better data.

Goddam, this is one for r/confidentlyincorrect

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rich_H said:

It’s also rare to have to bring on a sub within 15 minutes which would have been planned for far later in the game. He got 65 minutes which would have been more minutes than if he a) started or b) was bought on later. 

Think you may be reading too much into it. 

Yeah, even though I'm not fully sure on Ramsey he came on after 16 mins. Him being subbed is nothing.

Last couple weeks he was ' back " again and now we are " On the fence ' about him again? 😂 

FFS.... 🤦🏽‍♂️

Is Rogers shit now too based on his game?

***Yes I'm a very biased JJ supporter.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Best player in the win vs. Brighton at end of season before last.

We are also absolutely managing his workload, as well we should. His skills are evident far more this year than last.

Edited by 479Villan

He's far from the finished article yet and so long out with injury won't have helped his development, but I think he's a really useful player all the same and he's shown that in his limited minutes so far this season. He's a strong, direct runner and is always willing to make runs beyond the ball, which can be so tricky to defend against, and it's not like he lacks quality when he gets into dangerous positions. The left side functions better with him there than McGinn for me, as it's a more natural position for him and whether it's been Moreno, Digne or soon to be Maatsen he combines well with his full back. Great run and pull back today for Onana's goal, lovely one-two with Digne for Duran's, assist for the winner against West Ham etc. A lot has rightly been made about replacing Diaby and Luiz's output, but I think Ramsey with a fully fit season aids that massively. Fingers crossed it can actually happen.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Did great to release Digne for the assist but just before he should have taken more care with the cutback as he could have found Duran who'd pulled near post to become unmarked. Instead he just fired it across goal to no-one. I think his touch needs to improve generally. I'm still on the fence with him.

Am I imagining that sublime touch off the Tielemans pass for the first goal?

Ramsey is an excellent player, but something is holding him back fitness wise compared with that purple patch he had a while back. He’ll benefit from the fact we can rotate him. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Am I imagining that sublime touch off the Tielemans pass for the first goal?

Ramsey is an excellent player, but something is holding him back fitness wise compared with that purple patch he had a while back. He’ll benefit from the fact we can rotate him. 

No, of course you're not imagining it. Just because I said his touch needs to improve doesn't mean he can't take good ones. Surely we're not oversimplifying things that much? But him and McGinn's touch is glaringly poorer than Tielemans and Rogers.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â