Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, CVByrne said:

I think they are managing his load so he doesn't reinjure himself. 

Spot on and the right thing to do was taking him off, he needs 50-60 minutes a game 

Very good for his assist and had a nice touch in the second half that could have led to a goal

Didnt do much else though. Looked awful for 10 minutes when he came on. 

Worrying for him if he’s getting subbed as a sub

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Very good for his assist and had a nice touch in the second half that could have led to a goal

Didnt do much else though. Looked awful for 10 minutes when he came on. 

Worrying for him if he’s getting subbed as a sub

Think it was just tactical at the time to go more defensive. 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

Think it was just tactical at the time to go more defensive. 

Still, not a good sign really. 

He clearly doesn’t make our strongest XI these days and now he’s getting subbed after he comes on. 

Odd

It won't be long before he is starting games. You can see that him and Rogers are totally on the same wavelength and will as time goes on be linking up more and more and build up a telepathic relationship. 

I was a little peeved at his reaction to being subbed as he showed he wasn't happy. Never nice being subbed as a sub but it was clearly to help us to see out the game.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He clearly doesn’t make our strongest XI these days and now he’s getting subbed after he comes on. 

Odd

I'm not sure I read too much into the sub. 

If we didn't take Ramsay off then you're moving players round. Mcginn would be an option but when defending a lead I'd prefer to keep him on. 

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Odd

Not really.  Leicester were a farce today and with an idiot like Coote in charge there were times where the game got out of our control.

Unai took steps to address rather that waiting for the equaliser and being reactive.  Leicester brought on pace down the sides, we countered with more pace and JJ was brought off.

Made sense to me watching and I am sure it will to JJ when the match is reviewed.  

• Like 4

Isn't it great to have Ramsey playing again though?

Already showing signs of picking up his performance level and the end product is there with goal involvements.

If he can build up his fitness and get to the form he is capable of he'll be a fantastic player for us IMO.

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 1

Don't think he was too happy at being subbed. I'm taking that as a positive because he was fit enough to carry on.

I'd have left him on and took Rogers off, was better today.

Hate to say it, because I love him, and also Rogers was pap today, but there's been very few games when Rogers has started and I've missed JJ.

He's a cracking player, but when Buendia is back, when Bailey is firing, when Rogers is doing his thing, amongst a couple of others, JJ isn't making my starting XI.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Odd

Quite obvious really that we are managing his work load to avoid that recurring injury. That and the fact it was a tactical sub, Leon Bailey was subbed off after being subbed on in the past by Unai. You are reading into it way to much.

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Quite obvious really that we are managing his work load to avoid that recurring injury. That and the fact it was a tactical sub, Leon Bailey was subbed off after being subbed on in the past by Unai. You are reading into it way to much.

Managing workload or not it’s still very rare for a sub to be subbed. 

Im sure it’s tactical, but it’s still not really a good sign for him. 

17 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Hate to say it, because I love him, and also Rogers was pap today, but there's been very few games when Rogers has started and I've missed JJ.

He's a cracking player, but when Buendia is back, when Bailey is firing, when Rogers is doing his thing, amongst a couple of others, JJ isn't making my starting XI.

I’ve been saying it for a while and getting shit for it. There’s no way Ramsey makes our best XI these days. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Managing workload or not it’s still very rare for a sub to be subbed

Emery is famous for doing it regularly. It happened to Rogers, Diaby and Bailey last season off the top of my head. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve been saying it for a while and getting shit for it. There’s no way Ramsey makes our best XI these days. 

I hear you broski. A great player, but is he offering anything over the options? Has he ever really won a game for us? The talent is there, but I think he's missed his chance sadly.

4 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I hear you broski. A great player, but is he offering anything over the options? Has he ever really won a game for us? The talent is there, but I think he's missed his chance sadly.

He’s assisted 50% of our goals this season.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â