Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Yep, and looked good. 

Good! Another player we've missed badly.  Fingers crossed that's the end of the injury problems now.

22 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm beginning to think that he wasn't rusty last season, more that he was trying to play through the pain and it was catching up with him. 

Lingering injuries are always a nightmare. Makes you second guess yourself.  And that split second of uncertainty at prem level is huge. A massive talent. He purrs around the pitch. The run in season before last he was our best player. Scoring goals and causing havoc. . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Unai will be delighted with that. I think he saw in the previous games that Rogers was isolated up top, so they worked on the striker dropping deep to receive from Pau and the inside forwards making the run in behind. Hinted at in the video the club posted today (Unai shouting 4:20-4:24).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I'm beginning to think that he wasn't rusty last season, more that he was trying to play through the pain and it was catching up with him. 

Absolutely.

Is he even fit now though?

Less than 90 mins played in total so far.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maatsen, Ramsey and Rogers.  My god, I can't wait to see this in full flow down the left.

It’s so exciting. Having JJ back is such huge news. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have long said that a fit and firing Ramsey is one of the first names on the team sheet and hopefully he can now stay fit and we see him back to the form he was in during Emery's first season. Such a talented player and not anywhere near his prime. I was stunned that some fans seemed fine with him possibly being sold. FWIW I don't think Emery would have sanctioned that happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s so exciting. Having JJ back is such huge news. 

Those three creating overloads down the left, and then you have Watkins and Bailey taking advantage of the space on the right.  We are going to absolutely rip some teams apart this season.

“Last season was so hard,” Ramsey reflects while sat in the plush surroundings of the Intercontinental Hotel, Washington DC, during Villa’s tour to the United States. “My aim going into that tournament [the under-21s] was to be the best player and to win it, and I was so nearly there but some things just don’t work out that way.”

“Coming back to Villa, seeing the team doing so well and I was stop-start with injuries, it was difficult,” Ramsey says. “The boys were doing so well, but it’s so different watching in the stands or at home.

“The boss [Emery] tried to make me feel involved, but it’s not the same. When we win it’s good for the boys, but deep down for me I’m still upset and kind of feeling like I should be part of the celebration. When we lose, it’s even worse. I want to be part of the team and help them.”

“Last season was the lowest I’ve been so it can’t really get any worse,” Ramsey says. “Mentally looking back now, I’ve come out so much stronger.”

“I think regardless of if Villa didn’t bring anyone in, that’s my mentality to be the best I can possibly be,” Ramsey says. “Before I got injured again last season my aim was to push back into the team. I wanted to get my name out there on a big platform and this season I just want to do that again and get back to my best.”

“I was injured again so when these rumours were speculated the manager was still coming out and saying he wanted to keep me and stuff, so that was good to hear,” Ramsey says. “Regardless of if I was out of form or injured I knew I was part of his plans, so for any player to hear that is really good.”

“Because I was out for so long it’s weirdly made me believe in myself so much more,” he says. “Normally if you play games you believe in yourself, but I’ve gone the opposite way. Having so much time on my own, it’s given me time to think.”

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Grealish went through a similar boost of self belief when he was out with the kidney injury. Let’s hope Ramsey, Buendia and Mings all come back in a similar vein. Be so good to have these players back and firing this season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Grealish went through a similar boost of self belief when he was out with the kidney injury. Let’s hope Ramsey, Buendia and Mings all come back in a similar vein. Be so good to have these players back and firing this season. 

A very exciting prospect… Emi looks like he means business too.

All 3 of them on top form would be MASSIVE. Making up for lost time…

We wouldn’t miss any of the players that have left if that happened too, imo. Prime Ty in defence would be amazing, Emi’s creativity and through balls, JJ’s dribbling and supreme finishing ability. 😮 

For all the raving about Rogers, don’t sleep on JJ and his talent 💪 The bromance will benefit us too 😆

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â