Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hopefully he's okay, he's not played for a while and I guess some discomfort is to be expected. We'll know more based on how long he gets in the next game.

really hope so 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

If it was a choice between selling him or Luiz at a similar price (remember we got £42m for Luiz which was pittance) we may have made the wrong call. 

Ramsey is a great young player when fully fit and on form but seems like the new Darren Anderton with this foot injury.

Dougie was always fit for us, in his 5 seasons at the club he barely missed a game. And he was a bloody good player too. 

I feel for Ramsey but he’s absolutely no use to us if he keeps getting injured every 5 minutes.

I really don't think anyone is spending £40 to 50 mil on a player who hasn't played football properly for a year. 

you'd have thought if it was serious or concerning he would have been getting looked at immediately by the club Docs rather than consulting with Cash and Buendia (or whoever he sat down beside on the bench)

• Like 1

I too would ahve preferred to have sold ramsey over luiz but its true with his injury record we wouldnt have got the big fee for him.

I just hope he osnt the next joe cole who is a good player but always injured

25 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

He’s posted on instagram too with no mention of injury so hopefully all ok! 

Seen that, fingers crossed. If he gets some minutes in the next friendly, then happy days.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Some deductions. The whole couple transfer. It’s about a 4 hour drive and 2 hour flight or so from Turin to her home city. I think if Dougie wanted to stay Alisha would have too. I wish them both well, but it was clear he wanted a move. That’s totally fine too. 

feels far from conclusive tbh, id still suggest its more likely a PSR deal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Leeroy said:

That is your hypothesis though, you are making assumptions.

Dougie was very happy at Villa, we know this because he often posted things showing he loved the club. 

Now I think he was open to joining Juventus, of course otherwise he would have rejected the move, but I don't think it was a Duran situation where he really wanted to go. He was a key player for us, we were about to play in the Champions League and even though the contract situation was dragging on and on he still had 2 years left so we could have sold him next summer if we'd chosen to. 

I dunno how much we would have got for Ramsey and maybe it wasn't enough for us to be PSR compliant, but ultimately we allowed a very important player in Luiz to go whose performances helped us get top 4 and kept a homegrown player who barely played last season and who continues to have fitness issues. I don't know if it was a Ramsey v Luiz situation and if it wasn't then I apologise for being wide of the mark, but if it later comes out that was the choice and we sacrificed Luiz I think it MAY end up being the wrong choice. 

Replying to assumptions with more assumptions.

If he was so happy then why didn't he sign he deal that was on the table?

Anyhow, hope Ramsey is ok and it was just precautionary. 

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

feels far from conclusive tbh, id still suggest its more likely a PSR deal.

I expect the club asked him if he was open to a move given our PSR situation. My feeling is he would have been happy to stay also if there was a possibilty. Obviously great that a solution was found to suit all parties. As far as I'm concerned he's always been a quality pro and a true Villan! Still a bit gutted he's gone if I'm honest feels a bit weird without him.

• Like 1

He’s quality. Some of his play was getting back to his best. Hopefully no injury there, and just trying to get introduced to the game gradually. I won’t start him for a while but hopefully he can feature couple of minutes each game until he’s back to the Ramsey we know. 
I’d like to see Ramsey, Rogers, Watkins and Bailey playing together. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He’s quality. Some of his play was getting back to his best. Hopefully no injury there, and just trying to get introduced to the game gradually. I won’t start him for a while but hopefully he can feature couple of minutes each game until he’s back to the Ramsey we know. 
I’d like to see Ramsey, Rogers, Watkins and Bailey playing together. 

The good thing is we don’t need t desperately need him to start so no need to take risks. I think he is massively underrated by many and I would like him to be fit enough to start games asap but we are so well covered it’s not the problem it would have been in the past.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Replying to assumptions with more assumptions.

If he was so happy then why didn't he sign he deal that was on the table?

Anyhow, hope Ramsey is ok and it was just precautionary. 

Lol, I guess we're all making assumptions. The only people that know what went on are Emery and Monchi.

13 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Lol, I guess we're all making assumptions. The only people that know what went on are Emery and Monchi.

would be a pretty boring forum though if we just waiting on those two to comment.

8 hours ago, birdman said:

I expect the club asked him if he was open to a move given our PSR situation. My feeling is he would have been happy to stay also if there was a possibilty. Obviously great that a solution was found to suit all parties. As far as I'm concerned he's always been a quality pro and a true Villan! Still a bit gutted he's gone if I'm honest feels a bit weird without him.

Yeah the main thing is that he didn't go to another PL club.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â