Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

28 minutes ago, useless said:

he's our best attacker other than Watkins and Bailey, and that's presuming last season wasn't a one off for Bailey, and he's not just an attacker, he does a lot of midfield work that goes underappreciated.

In your opinion.

Ramsey is great at his best, but Rogers is infinitely better in tight spaces, better with the intricate passing and doesn't have as many games as Ramsey where he's completely anonymous.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez you don't listen to Emery do you. 

"For me it is not a surprise when they are starting to speak about our players," Emery admitted. "And one of them, of course, is Jacob Ramsey.

He is 22-years-old, and progressively he is getting better. This year he has had some injuries so he is not being consistent.

But in the second part of the season, after tomorrow and Saturday, he is going to be very, very important to us. His potential is very high, an even higher level than my expectations.

When I arrived here I had some doubts about his qualities and where he could play to successfully exploit his characteristics as a player. In one year we were gradually finding his best position.

Now, when he is available, he has become very important for us. But I am not thinking about letting him leave. Even in case some teams are offering us a lot.

Right now I don't want that - I completely don't want that. I want to work with him and try and help him increase his level because I am selfish and I want him at his best for me.

Of course we can both benefit from that. His future now is with Aston Villa and I am not understanding without him.

We are now fourth in the league and every player must focus here. I think Jacob Ramsey is a very good man, an honest man and in all my conversations with him his commitment to Aston Villa is clear." - Unai Emery

• Like 4

Rogers is very good, it was I who was first to notice how good he was, but he isn't yet better than Ramsey, and even if Rogers became better than Ramsey, that doesn't preclude Ramsey from being first choice in our team, as I'm not even sure they're competing for the same spot, if both are still with us next season and fit, we will be seeing a lot of both of them in the same team

• Haha 4

From a home grown quota point of view we can’t let JJ leave. 

This sounds like complete nonsense. Unai has always said JJ is a really important player and we have no need to sell. 

This is still just the Pre-PSR rumour getting recirculated by Ben Jacobs. I'm not sure he's got that much inside info tbh. Fancies himself as the next Ornstein and does a lot of talking on podcasts though... 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Rogers is very good, it was I who was first to notice how good he was, but he isn't yet better than Ramsey, and even if Rogers became better than Ramsey, that doesn't preclude Ramsey from being first choice in our team, as I'm not even sure they're competing for the same spot, if both are still with us next season and fit, we will be seeing a lot of both of them in the same team

Gullable sucker bonces

• Haha 1

Me here referencing Morgan Rogers in January 2021 'Man City signed Morgan Rogers from West Brom for £4m and have loaned him to Lincoln, but I'm pretty sure that they don't think that League One is his level'... Here I go again, but this time it's a year earlier in January 2020... 'Albion have produced quite a few highly rated youngsters recently... Morgan Rogers'... There's this from July 2021 too... 'Morgan Rogers is a good player and someone I wondered if we might go for'.

On the subject of Morgan Rogers and things that make laugh, is those that claim Philogene was far better than him in the Championship, no he wasn't lol, Rogers was very good for Middlesbrough first half of the season, and if he'd have stayed there and carried on his form he would have cost £20m or more in the summer, we didn't sign him for fun, it was because he was playing very well, to claim Philogene was far better than him is to put unfair pressure on Philogene. Rogers was also very good at Blackpool by most accounts, even if his goal or assist stats don't indicate as such, I watched him for Lincoln when he was only eighteen, and he was very good for them, one of the best players for one of the best teams in League One at that age is very good going, he didn't just come from nowhere, he's been very highly rated for a while

Hope to see Ramsey, Rogers, and Philogene in the team together next season, and don't let Iling-Junior become an afterthought, he's looked one of the best amongst some very good players whenever I've watched him for England age group teams, of course there are no guarantees, ma in teoria è un altro talento serio

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is 'Gullable sucker bonces' meant to be some sort of clever comeback, people on here are very gulliable when it comes to clickbait stories, Luiz signing for Juventus doesn't change that, I didn't say he wouldn't sign for Juventus, I said in numerous posts that he may well in fact sign for them, my point was people presuming he would definitley sign for them based on what was at the time clickbait sources - it was before Romano or the Athletic had reported it, there are a thousand other examples where there has been a clickbait story and it's generated pages upon pages of discussion, that the Luiz rumour turned out to be true is the exception not the rule.. Also find it funny people latch onto the phrase 'gullable sucker bonces', I purposely wrote it in a somewhat childish way to take away some of the seriousness of it, to put some of the ridicule on myself

Also not sure what that has to do with Jacob Ramsey or what I wrote in my post, just seems a strange attempt to ridicule me just because I said I was the first to notice how good Rogers was, which tells me something

38 minutes ago, useless said:

On the subject of Morgan Rogers and things that make laugh, is those that claim Philogene was far better than him in the Championship, no he wasn't lol, 

Yes he was.

The only 2 reasons we would contemplate selling Jacob right now would be if we needed money for PSR (we don't)

and the other would be if we had serious doubts that his foot injury is going to cause him issues for the rest of his career.

No he wasn't, unless just judging it on goals and assists, or whoscored ratings or a few bitter comments from Middlesbrough fans, reminds me of when some used to claim that Hourihane and Adomah were better than Grealish just because they got more goals and assists.Philogene might have edged it as the better player, but anyone claiming that he was far better I don't believe watched a decent amount of him and Rogers play in the Championship last season, because Philogene clearly wasn't far better, like seriously, such claims put unfair pressure on Philogene

Also Rogers has been rated as the better player historically, which is no slight on Philogene who has been and is a highly rated prospect in his own right, but Rogers has literally been one of the most highly rated prospets in the country from a young age, he had a slight lull, as some young players do, could say Philogene had the same at Stoke and Cardiff, although I think he was better at Cardiff than is given credit for

Edited by useless

15 minutes ago, useless said:

Is 'Gullable sucker bonces' meant to be some sort of clever comeback, people on here are very gulliable when it comes to clickbait stories, Luiz signing for Juventus doesn't change that, I didn't say he wouldn't sign for Juventus, I said in numerous posts that he may well in fact sign for them, my point was people presuming he would definitley sign for them based on what was at the time clickbait sources - it was before Romano or the Athletic had reported it, there are a thousand other examples where there has been a clickbait story and it's generated pages upon pages of discussion, that the Luiz rumour turned out to be true is the exception not the rule.. Also find it funny people latch onto the phrase 'gullable sucker bonces', I purposely wrote it in a somewhat childish way to take away some of the seriousness of it, to put some of the ridicule on myself

Also not sure what that has to do with Jacob Ramsey or what I wrote in my post, just seems a strange attempt to ridicule me just because I said I was the first to notice how good Rogers was, which tells me something

It was just a joke in response to your enjoyable self-aggrandisement, sorry you felt the need to justify it to this extent but it's not deep enough to read into at all.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â