Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

I generally dont have an issue with the likes of Kellyman, Archer, Tim etc being sold but selling JJ really would cause problems with the fanbase I think.

From a sporting view, he's a key player when fit and is a vital part of the European quota rules - especially if the Archers etc are being sold off.

From a business perspective, I think it gives off a bad message if we sell a homegrown player of that level to Spurs unless they're paying through the nose for him. I think he should be the last "we are absolutely FFP f***ed" sale we make, because if he goes then there are no homegrown assets left.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A year ago I'd have been gutted, with the recurring injuries I wonder if that fee might end up being a great deal

You’d suspect that he would ‘get over’ this injury ridden spell and be able to play regularly again. There’s a reason why the likes of Spurs and Liverpool are interested, it would be foolish to sell at this time IMO. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tayls said:

You’d suspect that he would ‘get over’ this injury ridden spell and be able to play regularly again. There’s a reason why the likes of Spurs and Liverpool are interested, it would be foolish to sell at this time IMO. 

Hope you're right, obviously :)

30 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Selling Ramsey would be a poor move solely on the basis that he is pretty much the only genuine first team player with home grown club status, we shouldn’t consider selling him even for £50-60m

It's amazing how everyone seems to completely and continuously ignore this fact.

18 minutes ago, Rossi said:

JJ won’t be going nowhere 

You've used a double negative here.

So in an act to cover all bases, I hope you're wrong!

🙃

Edited by Tubby
  • Haha 2

He'd also be a great signing for spurs which is another reason to say **** that, wouldn't want our guys **** about with levy either, he'll mess us about with JJ while also messing palace about with Eze and end up signing neither 

At least luiz has gone abroad 

The Doue link won't happen for them either, he's linked to a host of top clubs

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I feel the JJ or Eze question is a “grass greener situation” 

Is Eze current lever better than a fully fit JJ’s?! also, who has the higher ceiling? 

I don’t think the difference warrants the hassle 

JJ is great in certain situations, but he's not great in tight spaces. Eze is a better player IMO, although a Ramsey at full flow is a sight to behold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone accept selling Ramsey if it meant getting somebody like Eze?

Eze is a better player so yes, definitely!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He'd also be a great signing for spurs which is another reason to say **** that, wouldn't want our guys **** about with levy either, he'll mess us about with JJ while also messing palace about with Eze and end up signing neither 

At least luiz has gone abroad 

The Doue link won't happen for them either, he's linked to a host of top clubs

Yeah, we shouldn’t be strengthening a PL rival (maybe a factor in the Dougie deal) at all…

Every communication from Unai and anyone prominent at the club screams ambition and determination… we aren’t going to be dominated by anyone, it’s about continuing to upset the applecart.

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would anyone accept selling Ramsey if it meant getting somebody like Eze?

Good question. I think I'd just about prefer keeping Ramsay as he is more versatile. 

Â