Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

15 hours ago, Isa said:

He played a bit for Spurs last season. Not deadwood like Ndombele who even my Galatasaray supporting friends said was totally useless on loan there this season.

I'd imagine they are valuing him around £20m in that deal whereas I would say he shouldn't be valued more than £15m. They are likely including him though as we did seemingly show some interest in him last summer and is a player Emery appreciates. 

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want us accepting it either way. Just that it isn't comparable to the infamous £5m + Onomah bid however you look at it. Especially if it was just an opening bid. 

He made 4 starts last season probably same as Chambers and Dendoncker

• Thanks 1

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Romano claimed the bid for JJ came weeks ago, meaning they tried to lowball us over alleged PSR concerns. They are such vultures. 

As are Juventus. Hardly like they gave up their top players in exchange for Dougie or a shed load of cash. We just decided we'd take the hit with them rather than a rival in England. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Romano claimed the bid for JJ came weeks ago, meaning they tried to lowball us over alleged PSR concerns. They are such vultures. 

Typical Spurs, its what they do! Scummy club

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

As are Juventus. Hardly like they gave up their top players in exchange for Dougie or a shed load of cash. We just decided we'd take the hit with them rather than a rival in England. 

They aren't the same.

54 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Hmm that doesn't sound like the 'good faith' the Premier League want all their clubs to be showing 🤔

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Fair enough, thought he played more than that for some reason. Amazingly he still made Argentina's Copa squad. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Evening Standard claim Spurs will make an improved offer. Article mentions that we need to comply with PSR by June 30 (not true). 

Love it. JJ going nowhere but will enjoy the amusing poorly informed links all the same. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Exactly. Ramsey on crutches for half a season still made more prem starts than that.

Just finished reading the Times and in the sport section they have this story and the wording is even more hilarious....Spurs offer 20m including Lo Celso and then the context is Ramsey has three years left and Lo Celso just one.

Another neutral reading that must be laughing their head off at what an idiot Levy is. It was o.k trying to troll us with that Grealish bid as back then we were championship and they were CL but now the tables have turned slightly.

See how next season goes but I get the feeling we'll give Jacob a new deal with a Grealish type buyout clause.

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

we would be very very foolish to part with JJ at that price....however i would deffo take GLC and emery would want to work with him im sure, however we could look to do that deal without any involvement of JJ

That may be closer to the reality underlying the rumours, eg. we’ve made enquiries about GLC, Spurs decided they fancied signing JJ and made a derisory counter-proposal then leaked half a story to onside media. 

• Like 1

Â