Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I have a hunch this bid wasn’t recent. I think a couple weeks ago when there were a few Lo Celco links being checked about, And when the club essentially confirmed JJ wasn’t for sale. 

When did the club confirmed JJ is not for sale? Honestly don't remember them saying that especially recently. Everyone is for sale...at a right price.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

When did the club confirmed JJ is not for sale? Honestly don't remember them saying that especially recently. Everyone is for sale...at a right price.

A couple weeks ago, as I said. wasn’t exactly a confirmation. I’m paraphrasing here, something along the lines “JJ won’t be sold, unless it’s necessary”  

then the Doug deal started to come together and now our PSR issues are fine. Soo no longer necessary 

* here, found it 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

…and right time.

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

You must have missed Unai’s previous comments… 

“I am not thinking about letting him leave, even in the case some teams are offering us a lot,” said Emery.

“Right now I don’t want that – I completely don’t want that. I want to work with him and try and help him increase his level because I am selfish and I want him at his best for me.
“We can both benefit from that. His future now is with Aston Villa. In all my conversations with him his commitment to Aston Villa is clear.”

posted a video of him talking about JJ a page or two ago.

Comments back at the end of January and when articles kept claiming he was available because of PSR/FFP. A direct response to and denial of that.

Edited by Jas10

It seems to me that Ramsey is very unlikely to be sold this summer.

1. As stated above, in January Unai stated that he wanted to keep Ramsey.

2. Because Ramsey is currently our only player with a realistic chance of playing in the UCL who has come through our academy, he effectively increases the size of our UCL squad.

3. He has had a recurring long term injury following the operation on his broken metatarsal which means that buying clubs aren’t going to want to spend a huge amount of money on him until after he has proved he is completely over it. Presumably he was fit enough to pass some sort of medical evaluation each time he came back last season only to breakdown again with complications from the injury when he started playing. That would put a lot of buying clubs off.

4. We don’t want to sell him now as due to his injury he will be at his lowest value for (hopefully) years.

Ramsey is one of the players in our squad with the potential to have a massive breakout season and become the best player at the club. His strength and ability to drive with the ball forward and along with his goal threat. He's going to be a big player if he puts his fitness issues behind him. He's a fight on though with Rogers for that left side

• Like 1

I'm not sure why players like Diaby and Ramsey are being linked with moves away. Losing Luiz was a blow, but that should be the end of it given we've also offloaded Iroegbunam and Kellyman and Duran is still likely to leave. Then I imagine we will find new homes for Cash, Carlos and Moreno. That should give us cash to spend next month to bring in 2-3 quality players.

You just wonder how bad our financial issues really are. Hopefully all is fine and these are just baseless rumours. 

49 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I'm not sure why players like Diaby and Ramsey are being linked with moves away. Losing Luiz was a blow, but that should be the end of it given we've also offloaded Iroegbunam and Kellyman and Duran is still likely to leave. Then I imagine we will find new homes for Cash, Carlos and Moreno. That should give us cash to spend next month to bring in 2-3 quality players.

You just wonder how bad our financial issues really are. Hopefully all is fine and these are just baseless rumours. 

Because its transfer season. It has already been confirmed there are no more financial issues. Just rumours.

8 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A couple weeks ago, as I said. wasn’t exactly a confirmation. I’m paraphrasing here, something along the lines “JJ won’t be sold, unless it’s necessary”  

then the Doug deal started to come together and now our PSR issues are fine. Soo no longer necessary 

* here, found it 

I think this is entirely it. Perhaps we'd have gone there if we didn't have the other deals bubbling away, but feels as though Spurs completely underestimated Monchi and threw in the archetypal 'cheeky bid'. clearings in the woods.

To think we made it to the top four without JJ. Him coming back and playing at his level, will be like a new signing for us this season. 

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mallett said:

It seems to me that Ramsey is very unlikely to be sold this summer.

1. As stated above, in January Unai stated that he wanted to keep Ramsey.

2. Because Ramsey is currently our only player with a realistic chance of playing in the UCL who has come through our academy, he effectively increases the size of our UCL squad.

3. He has had a recurring long term injury following the operation on his broken metatarsal which means that buying clubs aren’t going to want to spend a huge amount of money on him until after he has proved he is completely over it. Presumably he was fit enough to pass some sort of medical evaluation each time he came back last season only to breakdown again with complications from the injury when he started playing. That would put a lot of buying clubs off.

4. We don’t want to sell him now as due to his injury he will be at his lowest value for (hopefully) years.

I agree on the whole,  but Rogers had not signed/had only just signed in Jan. I'm  not sure how the two of them would integrate into the same team. Having both  in the squad would be brilliant,  but they seem to like the same areas of the pitch. If a way could be found to have them both in the team it would  be pretty exciting. 

He must be absolutely determined to make this a season to remember given his absence and the opportunity Villa now have in the league and the UCL. I'd put him down as potential player of the season for us this year, it's his time.

Be surprised if he is sold this summer now that we have sold Tim and Kellyman but I guess you never know. Sure the club will be hoping he can stay relatively injury free next season as his fee would probably be higher and likely  interest from other clubs. Didn't expect Luiz to end at Juventus, probably see Ramsey going abroad (Bayern Munich). If Villa do have another good season they'd be reluctant to strengthen one of the big boys in this division. 

6 minutes ago, RichW said:

Be surprised if he is sold this summer now that we have sold Tim and Kellyman but I guess you never know. Sure the club will be hoping he can stay relatively injury free next season as his fee would probably be higher and likely  interest from other clubs. Didn't expect Luiz to end at Juventus, probably see Ramsey going abroad (Bayern Munich). If Villa do have another good season they'd be reluctant to strengthen one of the big boys in this division. 

Yes, if he has a decent, injury free, season I can see us selling him next June for good money.

I guess we should expect it from the Spuds but that's a crap offer for Ramsey. £20 million and Le Celso? Are they kidding? 

£20 million is a complete joke of an offer and Le Celso isn't good enough to lace up Ramsey's boots. I'd be offended by that offer. 

Â