Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

With Lange, I do think they did low ball us a month ago before the PSR deadline but that ship has long sailed now. They can retain an interest but there’s zero reason for us to entertain it now. 

I'd completely forgotten about Johan Lange.

BTec Monchi.

• Haha 2

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Am sure it’s unnecessary but I am getting a tad concerned about his recovery. It feels like he’s had two breakdowns already since first incurring the injury and now having had months out/off he’s still seemingly not back, was really hoping we’d have seen him in one of the two games so far.

Feels a somewhat innocuous injury to be struggling with, I mean when a player does a major ligament or snaps a leg you accept a long road to recovery but broken bones in the feet don’t usually result in such a difficult process back, in my unqualified view anyway.

2 hours ago, Leeroy said:

My only concern is Ramsey hasn't been able to get himself fit for 12 months due to a 'toe' injury and if he's never going to be available he isn't much use to us.

The ITK from another villa forum that has been right about Ramsey info before says that the first surgery he had was effectively botched. The pin/screw wasn't properly placed, and basically the first come back was a none starter, as confirmed after his two cameos resulted in him suffering immense pain, so had to go back to square one.

A replacement of the original pin/screw was done, and now he's been through the full recovery cycle again.

Not heard any news since (and I wasn't the person that originally shares this ITK details so not sure where it came from exactly).

Seemed logical at the time, but if anyone recalls who the itk was and which forum it was on I'd gladly scour the posts to find it as I'm a bit intrigued as to why he's still not appearing, but not totally worried at this stage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'd completely forgotten about Johan Lange.

BTec Monchi.

How can anyone forget a smile like this? 

spacer.png

Edited by osmark86
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, wiggyrichard said:

A fully fit JJ is of benefit to EVERY team in the league…problem I see is getting JJ and Rogers in the same team? Unless you leave out Emi and play Rogers as a #10

As it stands Emi needs to work his way back into the team. Play a single competitive minute for starters. Right now Rogers is the de facto #10 and I think Philogene will be playing on the left as Ramsey needs to also work his way back into the team.

5 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

and injury prone. 

Before last season he had missed 4 games through injury, that isn’t injury prone. Last season he had surgery which didn’t go right. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, The_Steve said:

With Lange, I do think they did low ball us a month ago before the PSR deadline but that ship has long sailed now. They can retain an interest but there’s zero reason for us to entertain it now. 

Exactly. This is just the rumours from before June 30th getting recycled because Spurs aren't signing anyone at the moment and journos/ITKs/fan media need to put something out there. 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Before last season he had missed 4 games through injury, that isn’t injury prone. Last season he had surgery which didn’t go right. 

Due to an injury he got with England and not us too 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Am sure it’s unnecessary but I am getting a tad concerned about his recovery. It feels like he’s had two breakdowns already since first incurring the injury and now having had months out/off he’s still seemingly not back, was really hoping we’d have seen him in one of the two games so far.

Feels a somewhat innocuous injury to be struggling with, I mean when a player does a major ligament or snaps a leg you accept a long road to recovery but broken bones in the feet don’t usually result in such a difficult process back, in my unqualified view anyway.

Back in my day, they have a couple of injections and play every week, bloody pussies

anyway, a little bird tells me that he’s very interested in the Tottenham gig

Edited by Follyfoot

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Back in my day, they have a couple of injections and play every week, bloody pussies

Jeez that’s too modern, what about just the good old wet sponge it seemed to fix all problems, injuries and pains back in the day…

• Haha 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Jeez that’s too modern, what about just the good old wet sponge it seemed to fix all problems, injuries and pains back in the day…

The magic sponge and a spray of ralgex

• Like 1

JJ and Buendia just getting back up to speed after injuries. Both know Emery tactics and systems so don't need these minutes to practice. I'm sure they'll get eased in over the US Tour. I think for Emery these minutes for young players will help decide who goes to the US from the group and who doesn't. For example, Barry, Swinkle etc.. do they stay and find their loan moves or come to the US Tour? 

JJ to Spurs was around our PSR issues end of June. We solved them so he's not going anywhere. Key for CL squad too

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Exactly. This is just the rumours from before June 30th getting recycled because Spurs aren't signing anyone at the moment and journos/ITKs/fan media need to put something out there. 

I agree this talk of spurs is BS as the only ones that are talking about it are spurs forums or websites. It makes sense for them as a fit Ramsey walks into there’s and most other teams in the league plus they want rid of le celso because he never plays and have joined up the fact that Emery once took him on loan. For us Ramsey starts most games historically under our last 3 managers when fit and proves a fantastic weapon to our midfield. So given we have no PSR issues until at least June next year why would we sell a lesser team one of our best players for £20 million plus a player not good enough to get in there squad let alone first team most of the time, that makes zero sense and I don’t believe we have a management team making zero sense decisions anymore I think those days are gone for now 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

The ITK from another villa forum that has been right about Ramsey info before says that the first surgery he had was effectively botched. The pin/screw wasn't properly placed, and basically the first come back was a none starter, as confirmed after his two cameos resulted in him suffering immense pain, so had to go back to square one.

A replacement of the original pin/screw was done, and now he's been through the full recovery cycle again.

Not heard any news since (and I wasn't the person that originally shares this ITK details so not sure where it came from exactly).

Seemed logical at the time, but if anyone recalls who the itk was and which forum it was on I'd gladly scour the posts to find it as I'm a bit intrigued as to why he's still not appearing, but not totally worried at this stage.

I don't know the ITK person you mean but yeah it was obvious the surgery went wrong.

He came back in September initially and came on as a substitute against Brighton and scored from outside the box, but his shot obviously caused more issues in his foot as he was then not seen again until November when he came on as a sub against Spurs. He then had a run of games over Christmas where he didn't play particularly well and it was obvious he wasn't fit (although we saw that the previous season where it takes JJ a couple of months to find form after injury). By February he was looking better and played well against Forest but then a week later took a shot against Luton and then seemed to cause more issues in his foot and went off injured again. He didn't play again for us after that. 

He needs to be involved in the games in the US along with Buendia and Mings if they're going to have any chance of making the squad for the opening game of the season.

35 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

I agree this talk of spurs is BS as the only ones that are talking about it are spurs forums or websites. It makes sense for them as a fit Ramsey walks into there’s and most other teams in the league plus they want rid of le celso because he never plays and have joined up the fact that Emery once took him on loan. For us Ramsey starts most games historically under our last 3 managers when fit and proves a fantastic weapon to our midfield. So given we have no PSR issues until at least June next year why would we sell a lesser team one of our best players for £20 million plus a player not good enough to get in there squad let alone first team most of the time, that makes zero sense and I don’t believe we have a management team making zero sense decisions anymore I think those days are gone for now 

They don't see him as an exciting signing and think he wouldn't get in their team. I'm unsure if he would myself, he wouldn't start in the 10 ahead of Maddison, Son obviously starts either up front or on the left, Kulusevski starts on the right. Maybe he could play on the left if Son plays up front but they say that Son is much better as a left winger than a striker and Ramsey certainly wouldn't start ahead of Son. Johnson, Werner and Richarlison are their other attacking options, none of which are particularly great, he'd probably be ahead of them if he was fit and in form. 

In CM they have Sarr, Bissouma and Bentancur who are all pretty good and better in a double pivot than Ramsey. They've also got Bergvall who is an exceptional young talent. So he wouldn't start there. 

It's obvious the reason they want him is because Lange is there now and he's a big fan.

I like Ramsey, he's one of our own, but I'm not sure he would start for us at this moment in time. I think it will be Onana, Tielemans, McGinn, Bailey and Rogers behind Watkins for that opening game and then Philogene as the exciting option off the bench along with a very impressive Ross Barkley and we will sign another if Duran and Diaby get sold. Ramsey will have to find very good form to get back in our team.

Edited by Leeroy

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

They don't see him as an exciting signing and think he wouldn't get in their team. I'm unsure if he would myself, he wouldn't start in the 10 ahead of Maddison, Son obviously starts either up front or on the left, Kulusevski starts on the right. Maybe he could play on the left if Son plays up front but they say that Son is much better as a left winger than a striker and Ramsey certainly wouldn't start ahead of Son. Johnson, Werner and Richarlison are their other attacking options, none of which are particularly great, he'd probably be ahead of them if he was fit and in form. 

In CM they have Sarr, Bissouma and Bentancur who are all pretty good and better in a double pivot than Ramsey. So he wouldn't start there.

It's obvious the reason they want him is because Lange is there now and he's a big fan.

I like Ramsey, he's one of our own, but I'm not sure he would start for us at this moment in time. I think it will be Onana, Tielemans, McGinn, Bailey and Rogers behind Watkins for that opening game and then Philogene as the exciting option off the bench along with a very impressive Ross Barkley and we will sign another if Duran and Diaby get sold. Ramsey will have to find very good form to get back in our team.

This is the kind of pressure we need to put on the kid to see the best from him. His ceiling is ridiculous and if we can get that out, we’ve got ourselves another 100 million player.

Imagine an improved Brighton at home type of performance every week if you watch the highlight reel of that game you thought that they were showing highlights from half the season not half a game

Edited by Follyfoot

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

This is the kind of pressure we need to put on the kid to see the best from him. His ceiling is ridiculous and if we can get that out, we’ve got ourselves another 100 million player.

I think he's a very good player at his best but I don't think he's Grealish-level good. He will certainly be worth more than he is now if he finds form again and gets himself in that England squad though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

I think he's a very good player at his best but I don't think he's Grealish-level good. He will certainly be worth more than he is now if he finds form again and gets himself in that England squad though.

Not at the moment, but I do honestly think there is a lot more to come from him. He’s only 23 and effectively lost the year of development. if he can say injury free, let’s see where he is this time next year

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Magic sponge and a wedge of orange at half time

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â