Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zzzz why does every so often a thread need to turn into a posters ego trip.

Anywho we are linked back with Kulusevski this morning which is just as ridiculous but still would be more likely than Ramsey leaving this season. Next season could be different but certainly not now. 

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

Zzzz why does every so often a thread need to turn into a posters ego trip.

Anywho we are linked back with Kulusevski this morning which is just as ridiculous but still would be more likely than Ramsey leaving this season. Next season could be different but certainly not now. 

He'd at least make a more plausible swap option than lo celso

Agree that I don't see him leaving

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villa Gaffa said:

The only 2 reasons we would contemplate selling Jacob right now would be if we needed money for PSR (we don't)

and the other would be if we had serious doubts that his foot injury is going to cause him issues for the rest of his career.

I agree with this but I presume Spurs would also consider his foot injury a problem also so I still think it is recycled news.

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I agree with this but I presume Spurs would also consider his foot injury a problem also so I still think it is recycled news.

Yes. Maybe it's Spurs version of us looking at Felix and Williams for several windows

Surely no club is going to want to splash a huge amount of cash on Ramsey until he has a significant run of competitive games under his belt showing that he has recovered from his foot injury regardless of whether Villa want to sell him or not?

He seemingly wasn’t fit enough to play any part in the friendly at Walsall. Last season he broke down time after time and didn’t really look like he was completely right at any point when he was on the pitch. Presumably this was despite the fact that the Villa medical team had signed him off as fit to play. People paying millions of pounds will be aware of these facts.

From what we know the problem is something to do with the inserted screw in his foot causing him pain. Passing a medical wouldn’t be enough to convince a club that such an issue is fixed. Presumably he passed a whole load of tests each time he made a comeback last season.

In terms of comparing Ramsey to the other players in Villa’s squad there seems to be a huge amount of recency bias.

He looked promising under Smith but then under Gerrard he really kicked on to become a key player for us. In fact over Gerard’s whole tenure he was the only player in the whole squad who improved. Then when Emery took over he kicked on again and was clearly a mainstay in the team for Emery. Last season was a write off but should the foot issue be resolved we’d have a goal scoring midfielder who is great at running with the ball to break the lines, a tidy passer, an astute off the ball player who plays with a lot of energy who Emery rates. Plus because he is homegrown he effectively increases the size of squad that we’re allowed in the champions league. 

• Like 1

'self gratification', 'ego trip', I'm pretty sure the posts making these claims are acually more about 'self gratification or an 'ego trip',  than anything I've wrote, in fact I'm not just pretty sure, I know it. At least what I wrote was actually about football, rather than putting another poster down. Unfortunatley being the first, or one of the very first, to know what a good player Morgan Rogers is, does nothing for my ego, knowing about football doesn't mean that much to me, I wish I was excellent at something more useful.

• Haha 4

I like Ramsey but I don't think there any part of the game that he does better than Rogers. 

It's going to be great to have him back for competition and squad strength. If Rogers plays the 10 then it would be good to see Ramsey in there but if they're fighting for the same position it's not even close IMO.

Edited by DCJonah

1 hour ago, mallett said:

Surely no club is going to want to splash a huge amount of cash on Ramsey until he has a significant run of competitive games under his belt showing that he has recovered from his foot injury regardless of whether Villa want to sell him or not?

He seemingly wasn’t fit enough to play any part in the friendly at Walsall. Last season he broke down time after time and didn’t really look like he was completely right at any point when he was on the pitch. Presumably this was despite the fact that the Villa medical team had signed him off as fit to play. People paying millions of pounds will be aware of these facts.

From what we know the problem is something to do with the inserted screw in his foot causing him pain. Passing a medical wouldn’t be enough to convince a club that such an issue is fixed. Presumably he passed a whole load of tests each time he made a comeback last season.

In terms of comparing Ramsey to the other players in Villa’s squad there seems to be a huge amount of recency bias.

He looked promising under Smith but then under Gerrard he really kicked on to become a key player for us. In fact over Gerard’s whole tenure he was the only player in the whole squad who improved. Then when Emery took over he kicked on again and was clearly a mainstay in the team for Emery. Last season was a write off but should the foot issue be resolved we’d have a goal scoring midfielder who is great at running with the ball to break the lines, a tidy passer, an astute off the ball player who plays with a lot of energy who Emery rates. Plus because he is homegrown he effectively increases the size of squad that we’re allowed in the champions league. 

Its worth noting as well that when deemed fit last season Emery got him back in the team very quickly so clearly he rates him very highly so the idea of selling him seems a fantasy cooked up by the press to me. I think he does need to prove his fitness and robustness but in terms of playing ability if he gets back playing how we know he can he is a brilliant brilliant player for us with his pace power and ability to drive us up the pitch in the blink of an eye. 
when you look back on last season with mings and Emi B out all season, Ramsey not fully fit for probably 90% of games and losing kamara long term too it makes the achievement all the more remarkable 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, useless said:

No he wasn't, unless just judging it on goals and assists, or whoscored ratings or a few bitter comments from Middlesbrough fans, reminds me of when some used to claim that Hourihane and Adomah were better than Grealish just because they got more goals and assists.Philogene might have edged it as the better player, but anyone claiming that he was far better I don't believe watched a decent amount of him and Rogers play in the Championship last season, because Philogene clearly wasn't far better, like seriously, such claims put unfair pressure on Philogene

Also Rogers has been rated as the better player historically, which is no slight on Philogene who has been and is a highly rated prospect in his own right, but Rogers has literally been one of the most highly rated prospets in the country from a young age, he had a slight lull, as some young players do, could say Philogene had the same at Stoke and Cardiff, although I think he was better at Cardiff than is given credit for

Erm, no. I'd like to know who thought Adomah and Hourihane were better than Grealish, they clearly knew absolutely F all about football. 

Villa fans were not the only ones hyping up Grealish, pretty much every media outlet would say he was the best player in the Championship by some distance. But he was different to Rogers because he played mostly in CM for us back then. In our promotion season he usually was deployed on the left side of a midfield 3, alongside McGinn and either Hourihane or Whelan. He wasn't being judged on his G/A, which were quite low in both the 17-18 and 18-19 seasons. It was more that he was just absolutely bloody brilliant, technically possibly the best player ever at that level (along with Neves), and when he played we would automatically have a much better chance of winning. It's no coincidence when we won 10 in a row from March-May 2019 it coincided with him returning to the team. It wasn't until we were promoted that he played further forward and he started getting a lot more goals and assists, but it was always obvious he was our best player. 

You might claim you knew Rogers was great all along, but I don't believe you. No one could have foreseen him becoming a key player for us when we signed him in January. Yes as a 16 year old he was massively hyped up, but lots of players are at that age and don't amount to anything. Francis Jeffers, Jack Rodwell, Ravel Morrison, Federico Macheda, the list goes on. His career looked to be going backwards when we signed him given he been on a number of unsuccessful loans and been sold by City for less than what they paid for him as a 16 year old.

As for Ramsey, which this thread is about, we have obviously chosen to sell Diaby and Luiz over him this summer. He might be sold if we cannot shift Duran, but I doubt we want to be in that position. I understand the fondness for Ramsey being one of our own, but I also think his importance is slightly overstated given the ridiculous number of options we now have on that left hand side and the emergence of Rogers in particular. Everyone thinks Diaby is dispensable, but Ramsey isn't, but I think this is sentimentality and the fact Diaby is a 'foreigner' and Ramsey is an Academy product myself. Selling either of them hurts, but the indifference towards selling Diaby really irks me to be honest. 

Ramsey is 8/11 to join Spurs according to Sky Bet. But then we're 15/8 favourites to sign Gallagher (not happening now we signed Onana I don't think) and 2/1 favourites to sign Grealish (doubt that happens). So they probably don't know very much.

I have heard from some Spurs fan who think it will happen, but it's just rumour at this stage. 

• Sad 1

I'd be gutted if we sold Ramsey. I think he's better than he's being credit for by some in this thread. 

Would be a terrible time to sell him now. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be gutted if we sold Ramsey. I think he's better than he's being credit for by some in this thread. 

Yes it would. Which is why we won't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

100% agree people have short memories. If we sell him I have grave concerns with the direction we are going.

I'm sure Spurs really want him but with the CL registration situation we find ourselves in, plus Emery's fondness of Jacob, I can't see it happening. 

I hope we keep him at Aston Villa, He is one of the excellent players, and I think he is an exceptional player with huge potential, he is still young and will reach his peak in a few years.

He and Roger will be very good together on the same pitch. Both Ramsey and Roger can play Wide midfield or Centre Midfield, Attack Midfield roles; I think Ramsey is suited to a Centre Midfield role more yet plays Left Wide Midfield > Centre Midfield when Right Winger moves to wide forward (Ie Bailey) 4-3-3 formation from 4-4-2; Also I think Roger more suit false 9 ( or Attack midfield) with Watkins forward, more suit him ability can draft to left wide midfield or drop centre midfield when defensive. 

I prefer Ramsey over McGinn in Left Wide Midfield, I think it is very good have JPB back so can use JPB as left winger and play McGinn on Right wide midfield so attack full back (right) cash or new player. depend opponent weak. It is Right balance.

As Ramsey very good ball-carrier runner to push line to forward to control game, have good kill passer, late running in box to raid and riots in box.

As Roger very good ball control, tight box to glide, good long shot.

As both is very quick acceleration get away and fast ball carrier to unease defender, they can play  channel running to a finisher.

imagine Roger on the right channel and Ramsey on the left channel both runnings will give the defender hard time as Watkins in the centre channel, Bailey on the outside right, and (Maaten, Dinge, Moreno) left attack full back on the outside left.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

I hope we keep him at Aston Villa, He is one of the excellent players, and I think he is an exceptional player with huge potential, he is still young and will reach his peak in a few years.

He and Roger will be very good together on the same pitch. Both Ramsey and Roger can play Wide midfield or Centre Midfield, Attack Midfield roles; I think Ramsey is suited to a Centre Midfield role more yet plays Left Wide Midfield > Centre Midfield when Right Winger moves to wide forward (Ie Bailey) 4-3-3 formation from 4-4-2; Also I think Roger more suit false 9 ( or Attack midfield) with Watkins forward, more suit him ability can draft to left wide midfield or drop centre midfield when defensive. 

I prefer Ramsey over McGinn in Left Wide Midfield, I think it is very good have JPB back so can use JPB as left winger and play McGinn on Right wide midfield so attack full back (right) cash or new player. depend opponent weak. It is Right balance.

As Ramsey very good ball-carrier runner to push line to forward to control game, have good kill passer, late running in box to raid and riots in box.

As Roger very good ball control, tight box to glide, good long shot.

As both is very quick acceleration get away and fast ball carrier to unease defender, they can play  channel running to a finisher.

imagine Roger on the right channel and Ramsey on the left channel both runnings will give the defender hard time as Watkins in the centre channel, Bailey on the outside right, and (Maaten, Dinge, Moreno) left attack full back on the outside left.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they play together. I think we'll see Rogers played in the support striker role with Ramsey back in his usual position at some point. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â